Ever DC and NOT rinse out????

I have been having a lot of breakage and pretty much decided on doing a deep trim at the beginning of the year. Anyway....

Last night, I did a little experiment. I put a very small amount Aveda Damage Remedy Intensive Reconstructer on my hair. I put enough to cover my strands but not enough to soak the hair. I DC'd and afterwards, I just pulled my hair up in a pony...baggied...tied with my scarf and went to sleep.

My hair is soooooo soft this morning without all the breakage I had been experiencing. I was thinking about doing this routinely.

Does anyone see a problem with it?

No... it's pretty much the same as using a leave in. Just make sure you're not leaving in a conditioner with protein.

This is not a bad idea you know.:yep:
One of my FAVORITE conditioners is BBD stretch and it does not require any rinsing. When I use the standard DC's I never rinse it completely out anyway. I learned that at Curve Salon

I am a lil slow.. but how do u know if it contains protein... will it have one of those long ingredients that means protein but no one knows.. or will it out right say protein?

I am a lil slow.. but how do u know if it contains protein... will it have one of those long ingredients that means protein but no one knows.. or will it out right say protein?

The ingredients will point to protein but the dead giveaway is "reconstructor." That always means protein treatment.

I don't see anything wrong with leaving in a conditioner with protein in it. Most of my leave-ins have protein in them and my hair is doing just fine! :) You wouldn't want to leave-in a hard protein like Aphogee or Emergencee though.

Yep :up: There are also some labeled as such, but they are very moisturizing. :)

Just like the Aveda DR treatment.

I think the difference is not getting my hair sopping wet. My hair just felt very moisturized, not wet. I am about 10 months post relaxer and my NG wants to revert at the sight of any moisture...:look:

With the DR treatment, my hair was moist AND still straight. It also felt strong. I think I will stick with it. I LOVED how my hair felt all day!!!

Thanks ladies...:grin:

Hmmm I never thought about doing that what with the leave-ins I put in my hair following a wash..I'm going to CO wash tonight and do a DC so maybe I'll try that....

Well, I was just thinking about it and I guess one downside would be build-up. The thing is that I put a small amount of conditioner on. You know, as if I was just moisturizing. I made sure to focus on my ends though.

It shouldn't be more build up than I would have with regular product usage, right?:ohwell:

OMG!! I just did this last night. My hair loves it. I used Hummectress which does have protien. But- I think i should be okay. :look:

This is not a bad idea you know.:yep:
One of my FAVORITE conditioners is BBD stretch and it does not require any rinsing. When I use the standard DC's I never rinse it completely out anyway. I learned that at Curve Salon

I used to do this with BBD stretch too even though it can be a rinse out or leave in...shoot its so expensive I figure Id get my moneys worth by leaving it in versus washing it down the drain lol.

im doing this (twists) right now with vo5 sunkissed raspberry...i will let u know how my hair feels later.

I do this all the time it works like a charm for my thick desert dry (used to b) hair. I also apply con as moisturiser on dry hair!

I used to do this with BBD stretch too even though it can be a rinse out or leave in...shoot its so expensive I figure Id get my moneys worth by leaving it in versus washing it down the drain lol.

That's how I viewed it too. Aside from the fact that my hair felt soooooo great afterwards, I thought it would ruin the effect if I rinsed. I was just going to bun anyway...:ohwell:

Back