Ever heard of a Ayurvedic oil called "Cinderella oil"

Anna9764

During my quest for different ayurvedic oils I came across this Cinderella oil. Large glass bottle in a box says cinderella hair oil on the front, also at the bottle says...Cures baldness. grows new hair. cools the head. you can safely depend on cinderella. The back seems to say much of the same but in Indian or india print. The sides read.......1 side in english the other indian...says it strengthens hair roots and nourishes the hair which causes growth of healthy hair.The really odd thing about this cinderella oil is.....doesn't tell of any of it's ingredients :ohwell:. The indian man in the store asked had I ever triend it and that I was gonna love it. His store stocked an abundance of it. Any and all input/tips accepted. Jamaraa LMAO......Anna

jamaraa

Nope, never heard of it. Usually oils that say they "stop hair fall and cools head, etc.." are just a basic infused oil w/ the normal vedic ingredients. IOW, they all claim that. I'd go for something more well known like Vatika/Dabur's, Ramtirth's, Keo Karpin, Hesh, Parachute, Swad, etc...there are a few more exotic oils out there that are well known brands and good stuff, but I've never heard of this one. It could be legit, but w/o knowing anything at all what's in it...stick w/ a reliable one. IOW, pass.

chebaby

i didnt know parachute was an ayurvedic oil. i mean i saw it in the indian store but i thought it was plain coconut oil.

Anna9764

Nope, never heard of it. Usually oils that say they "stop hair fall and cools head, etc.." are just a basic infused oil w/ the normal vedic ingredients. IOW, they all claim that. I'd go for something more well known like Vatika/Dabur's, Ramtirth's, Keo Karpin, Hesh, Parachute, Swad, etc...there are a few more exotic oils out there that are well known brands and good stuff, but I've never heard of this one. It could be legit, but w/o knowing anything at all what's in it...stick w/ a reliable one. IOW, pass.
Thanks, I found another one today called Navratna oil it has 11 ayurvedic oils including amla and bhringraj oil...9 others that i'm not familar with. Looking at the bottle it's authentic...it says Ayurvedic Himani Navratna Oil then lists the 11 oils. I bought 1 bottle for $5.99.

jamaraa

i didnt know parachute was an ayurvedic oil. i mean i saw it in the indian store but i thought it was plain coconut oil.

Parachute and Swad are plain coconut oils (ie not infused), but coconut oil is considered ayurvedic in both food and body preparations. The Parachute you bought is the plain stuff, I suspect, but Parachute also has a few other oils which are infused.

Sesame oil (ie til) as well as ghee (ie clarified butter) are also considered ayurvedic whether they are infused or not. The most common bases for all vedic oils are either coconut and/or sesame...if you're lucky. Too often they now use mineral oil in commercial brands, but olive and jojoba are finding their ways in as well.

If you guys are willing to "take one for the team" and try these other brands out, please report the results.

Last edited:

chebaby

Parachute and Swad are plain coconut oils (ie not infused), but coconut oil is considered ayurvedic in both food and body preparations. The Parachute you bought is the plain stuff, I suspect, but Parachute also has a few other oils which are infused.

Sesame oil (ie til) as well as ghee (ie clarified butter) are also considered ayurvedic whether they are infused or not. The most common bases for all vedic oils are either coconut and/or sesame...if you're lucky. Too often they now use mineral oil in commercial brands, but olive and jojoba are finding their ways in as well.

If you guys are willing to "take one for the team" and try these other brands out, please report the results.
thanx for clearing that up for me.
youre always in the veda threads so you are much help.

Anna9764

Here is the pic...still working on posting them :yep:

help | login Join Now

create group album

featured

most active

most recent

most contributors

contests

top categories

myspace icons

recent images

recent videos

popular

see more…

Get prints at Target! Make prints of all your favorite Photobucket pics in as little as an hour. Made of Honor Group Album Get in a picture with Patrick Dempsey from Made of Honor Scrapbooks on Photobucket! They're incredibly simple. Just drag and drop photos right onto the page. Quarantine 'Uncover The Truth Sweepstakes' Search Photobucket for up to 5 Quarantine Images and enter a chance to win! see more…
Search for

images videos group albums web

main grid slideshow
Anna9764

javascript:void(0);
javascript:void(0);

javascript:void(0);javascript:void(0);javascript:void(0);http://s411.photobucket.com/albums/pp198/Anna9764/?action=printlandingjavascript:void(0);print at Target photo prints photobooks posters mugs stickers photo disks and more …

65%

Photo Description
File Name: img1221794118041.jpg Taken With: ES.M800 SPH-M800File Size: 130 kb - 1024x768Taken On: 2008:09:18 23:13:24Camera Make: ES.M800Camera Model: SPH-M800Date/Time: 2008:09:18 23:13:24Resolution: 1024 x 768Whitebalance: AutoMetering Mode: center weightExposure: program (auto)
showhide details

Showing 1 of 2 (View album)
back

next

Share URL - Email & IM Direct Link - Layout Pages HTML Code - Websites & Blogs IMG Code - Forums & Bulletin Boards

Search for

images videos group albums web

6,041,598,750 (That's billions of images)

images
Search

popular searches: i love you, miley cyrus, anime, happy birthday, comedy, peace, love, music, icons, tattoos, naruto, emo, jonas brothers, sayings, lil wayne

© 2008 photobucket inc. all rights reserved.
about us | blog | developers | advertise | site map | contact us | forums | terms of use | privacy | help

cammiecam

Does anyone have more info about this oil? It's not an oil really. It's more a light liquid. I saw it in the Indian grocery a while back and mixed it with my alma oil as a prepoo. I was just wondering if anyone had any more info about it or an ingredient list. It didn't turn my hair green or anything like that, so I'd say it's okay to use and I would use it again, but the store I got it from doesn't seem to carry it anymore...

Anna9764

The store in hamtramack had a crap load of it. I still haven't tried it wasn't sure how I was going to use it. A pre-poo sound good.

camilla

parachute hair oil has mineral oil in it the guy tried to sell it to me i explained it to him the old oils that he was selling were better they had pure coconut oil in them:nono: