EVERYBODY: What are your summer hair plans?!?

loulou82

Are you relaxed/natural/texlaxed/transitioning?
NATURAL

What are you planning to do with your hair for the summer?
Twists and more Twists, the occasional puff, and lots of scarves to protect hair from the heat.

What's your goal by the end of summer?
10 inches of hair! :yay:

Almaz

Will be in Israel and Ethiopia for part of the summer

Natural

Will keep my hair covered and olied for the summer because southern Israel is hot in the summer. Ethiopia is moderate so it will not be covered as much

Amla is my friend

youwillrise

Are you relaxed/natural/texlaxed/transitioning? i've been natural for 3.5 years

What are you planning to do with your hair for the summer? well, i recently chopped a good amount of length off of my hair. i'll be keeping it simple - wearing twists for long periods of time. i'll style them in different ways (curls and other things) to keep it interesting.

What's your goal by the end of summer? i dont really know. hopefully by september i'll be able to grow/retain some good length and just have healthy hair all around.

*Muffin*

I'm just planning on bunning it up most of the time instead of wearing my usual pokahontas braids because I live in Florida and it gets SUPER hot here in summer, and I just want that hair off of me when I'm out in the sweltering heat. But I will occasionally wear braid-outs because my hair feels softer during summer because of the heat and humidity.

Oh yeah, I'm relaxed and my goals are to focus on my hair's health and appearance.

hillytmj

Relaxed

Same thing i did in the winter with the exception of when i go to the pool or beach..I will let it airdry after i wash and DC

I hope to have 2 more inches.....I have trimmed 2x since january and am stuck at full BSL...

That's how I feel too, so my goal is to break the BSL plateau. Summer is normally a speedy growth period for me. I'm just trying to be positive and thankful for the fact that I've been successfully maintaining BSL even though it's been hanging around there for about 6 or 7 months now. Gotta stay positive iand thankful in order to stay in the race. :yep:

I am also relaxed and will continue rollersetting and DCing weekly during the summer. My goal is WL.

Last edited:

PearlyCurly

Are you relaxed/natural/texlaxed/transitioning? Natural:bud:

What are you planning to do with your hair for the summer? Nothing:lachen: Maybe some occasional afros, twist outs, roller sets..

What's your goal by the end of summer? A PONY TAIL!!! Ohhh how much i wish i could put my hair in a ponytail
:drunk:

netnet26

Are you relaxed/natural/texlaxed/transitioning? Relaxed

What are you planning to do with your hair for the summer? To enjoy it more! Wear it down ALOT!!

What's your goal by the end of summer? Since I will be wearing it down more I will be using heat more ..so for me it's mainly retention. Ahh and a few inches would'nt hurt either!! :yep:

hothair

Are you relaxed/natural/texlaxed/transitioning? I barely qualify for texlaxing anymore, so I'll say 80-90% natural...

What are you planning to do with your hair for the summer? Clip ins, ponytails, LFs if I get really desperate, just want styles with easy access to my hair

Full shoulder length, full hair line and very very healthy hair

:yep:

Carrie A

Natural, curly ponytail/ puff, or out with headband.

I've worn it "out" once in a corkscrew fro and it was pretty cool and kind of funky. I think I'll try that again over the summer. I also tried this pin up Cyndi Lauper/ Kelis look (inside only) that I might add once I tweek it.

My goals are to stay consistent with deep conditioning and re-start henna because I've been slacking on that.

Next fall I want to add twists.

StarFish106

Currently I am texlaxed but my hair seems to want to transition

Braids baby! I flat ironed it saturday so my mommy could see it fully out and how long it has grown (been doing braidouts so she couldn't tell) but hopefully but this saturday it will all be away for the summer! Woo-Hoo! I need to do the vinegar dunk on it this week to take the base off it and let it dry so it can be ready. I do the C/G method and that has helped me greatly

I hope to be closer to BSL. I am currently APL but I want to keep on pushing it out. I am 18 wks out now and by time I plan on taking them out I should be closer to 40 wks or so. I don't know if I will texturize again or not.

Ivypearl08

Relaxed and Transitioning. Pray for me!!!

Loose ponytails and buns.

To grow a few inches, stretch out my relaxer, and most importantly, keep my hair happy!

Last edited:

lipyt

texlaxed and transitioning

This is a tough one because I want to wear fake braids to give myself a break and benefit from the mad hair growth I usually get over the summer. But this year is my 10 year reunion and I want my old classmates to be like "Dang! LIPYT's hair look great!" But the more I go down this hair journey I realize that getting braids when I get tired of my hair only hurts me because I need to know how to deal with it, especially during my transition. So the jury is still out on that one.
I'd like to be kissing mid back length
I'm following your lead and doing a loooooooong transition. I'd like to be up there with MissMarie :rolleyes:

deusa80

Relaxed

I think I'm going to try sew-in's again... I'm gonna continue with my Dc'ing, but I want to do as little to my hair as possible.

Healthier hair.

Makenzie

Are you relaxed/natural/texlaxed/transitioning? Relaxed head transitioning

What are you planning to do with your hair for the summer? I'm going to try my hand at twist/braid outs. For occasions I get it done at the salon, I want straw sets.

2 inches would get me a lil past APL. I also want to work on this thinning spot I have at my crown. The back of my hair is so full and luxurious, but the front.....not so much.:ohwell:
Answers in red.

JollyGal

:drunk: Natural

To transition from braid extensions to hair out. This is going to be hard I've been in braids for 5 years and only over the past year I have learned how to care for my hair and grow it. Hummm I should open a thread for braids to hair out transitionistas

By the end of the summer I believe I will be about an inch away from BSL I'm currently APL stretched but edging closer and closer to BSL stretched. I hope to have a thick and healthy head of natural hair using natural products to care for my hair.

exubah

Relaxed

Continued bunning, co-washing, dcing and henna/indigo

Full BSB/BSL....I am scraping it when wet.

TrendySocialite

For me:

I'm transitioning, almost 2 years in

I'm planning on doing a sh*tload of braidouts, cowashing and DCing at least every 2 weeks. When I'm lazy I'll just do some buns.

I hope to have at least 2 more inches of growth and BC in August

Transitioning

Braids (for my trip), Phony Ponies, Rollersets (mostly in updos)

Not really sure, maybe APL stretched. But mostly to not get so frustrated that I end up using creamy crack...LOL

LaidBak

I'm relaxed.

I'm keeping it simple for the summer. I'm sticking to my reggie of DCing, protective styling, and moisture/protein vigilance. No braids, no weaves (well maybe quick weaves).

That plus lots of patience should get me to my goal of full collarbone length by summers end.

RubyWoo

Are you relaxed/natural/texlaxed/transitioning? Relaxed & Transitioning

What are you planning to do with your hair for the summer? I plan to do ALOT..lol! Firstly, I'm doing the BC in the beginning of June after completing an 8 month transition.

Then I'm putting in a weave for two months. I also plan to put in some braids at some point since I'm going to be swimming alot this summer. I plan to protective style the whole summer so that I can get and retain maximum growth.

What's your goal by the end of summer? To grow and retain at least two inches and also reveal my natural hair.

Last edited:

nubinikki

Are you relaxed/natural/texlaxed/transitioning? Natural.

What are you planning to do with your hair for the summer? Keep it in braids (extensions).

What's your goal by the end of summer? I plan on rebraiding every two months and henna and DC in between until November. Then I'll do a length check to see if I've FINALLY reached BSL.

Nayeli

I'm relaxed.

I'll be stretching for the entire summer. That equals lots of co-washes, lots of moisture/protein. Low bun, because I'll be working in a conservative environment and plus, it's the best style for low-mani.

I should be nearing BSL by the end of the summer.

NeiNei

I am natural, I plan on wearing twist outs, and buns for the entire summer. My goal is to gain 4-5 inches for the summer months, my hair retention and growth normally takes off during the summer. Simplicity always works well for me.

BTW, Your hair is gorgeous!!

NGraceO

natural....4a;)...............

braids, braids, BRAIDS..............

APL I guess....I really wanted by summer, but split ends killed me:(

diamond42377

I am texlaxed and transitioning to fully natural!

For the summer, I plan to experiment with styles and cowash a lot since my hair can be wet more often. I wanna try some twists and IF I get enough money and find a good stylist, braids.

I don't really have a set goal, as long as my hair is healthy.

Mimi22

Natural:drunk:

Co-washing all through the summer :grin: Wash n go's, twist outs, puffs will be in heavy rotation. I may also put braided extensions in for a couple of weeks!

Growth, retention & moisturized tresses:yep:

Mz.Shug

Relaxed

I went off the deepend and now my hair needs major healing. I'm think I'm going to begin my summer bun challenge.I'm taking out my sew in this weekend so I'll probably start then.:grin:

To keep my hands and the hands of others out of my head! This summer I'd like to become a DIY'er from relaxers,cornrows and trims. For once I'd like to control my hair instead of breaking the bank to let others do it come to find out they don't know ish.:nono:

Word to the wise.Never let anyone that doesn't have HH hair themselves dig into yours....:wallbash:

Proudpiscean

Relaxed

Stretching the entire summer (no heat usage). Co-wash 3x's per week, Henna once a month. Alternate b/t buns & braidouts.

To retain all length by keeping my ends as healthy as possible.

blessedandlucky

relaxed

getting braids in july and taking them out at the end of august/early september. the timeframe may change depending on how they are looking. i usually retain a lot of growth in braids and am hoping to inch even closer to bsl. my goal is to be there by the end of the year.

about an inch or two from bsl

unique4lyfe33

Relaxed

Co-washing atleast 3x's per week and bunning 24/7

To retain all my length and be closer to BSL

yellow08

Natural

Weaving it up...(with regular poo's and DC'ing)

I hope to gain about 1-2"