summer hair products....what are u planning to use??

Triniwegian

I think I will stick to what I have been doing so far.
I stopped co-washing everyday to see if it helps with my retention, instead i just co-wash once a week, keep it in a bun and put CON condish on my ends and seal with Coconut oil every night.
I have been rinsing my hair with Coconut cream powder and I love it, it strengthens and moisturize.. I highly recommend it.

bimtheduck

Finish my HE HH and HE LTR by co washing.
Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1 applied to new growth
Daily moisturizing and sealing
More water and more exercise
Improve diet and supplement w muti vitamin, fish oil, garlic, and MSM.

I like the moisturizers I have now but there are a few others I would like to try

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Bolded. I forgot to mention Ya'll: I plan to use Dominican & Brazilian Products exclusively during July, August & September.:grin:

I'll break out my DR Deep Conditioners and my Skala Stash for those months
.:yep:

May have to put this experiment on hold for a while until I use up some of my Hand-made Conditioners. I keep forgetting about their 'quick shelf life':look:

So, I'll be using the Hand-mades for a minute. i.e. Jessicurl, Curl Junkie, Oyin, HV, SSI.

May do my Dominican experiment after my October Relaxer and use them until the 1st of the year.

I want to start on the Dominican Conditioners, After a Fresh Relaxer which will be October. (Lord Willing).:yep:

brucebettye

I am going to have a Kiss summer:
Carefree curl and seal ends with hair grease or vasoline
Olive oil Ecostyler hair gel
Wear my phony ponytail

hola_lo2002

I think I will stick to what I have been doing so far.
I stopped co-washing everyday to see if it helps with my retention, instead i just co-wash once a week, keep it in a bun and put CON condish on my ends and seal with Coconut oil every night.
I have been rinsing my hair with Coconut cream powder and I love it, it strengthens and moisturize.. I highly recommend it.

I stopped cowashing daily too because I found that it was more damaging to my hair plus my hair started to smell funny:perplexed! It also made me have moisture overload and those were not so happy days:nono: trust me...

Britt

I plan to cowash more often, maybe 2x during the week if time permits...it's the drying that's a pain in the butt. I absolutely love Tresemee naturals as a co wash.. Suave coconut is good too, but Tresemee is much more rich and thick.
I would also like to try that Taliah Wajidd spray mist as a moisture spray.

Aggie

I just joined the Summer Braid challenge and will be doing the Crown & Glory method with my braids.

I will be using Infusium 23 Moisturologie leave-in, cowashing with heavily diluted Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner.

I think I'll also be using Aussie Moist conditioner as well. I plan to use with Avalon Organics Biotin B-Complex Thickening Shampoo and Conditioner. My aim is not to use too much cone-filled products to avoid excessive breakage during take-down.

I plan to keep my hair braided for about 6-8 weeks at a time. Oh by the way, my braided hair loves S-Curl Styling Spray Moisturizer and I'll alternate it with the Infusium 23 leave-in. I love BRX extension braid spray for added sheen.

Forever in Bloom

Leave-in

Qhemet Biologics Karkady Tea Replenishing Mist (Keeps my hair soft and moist for days :grin:)

Deep conditioner

Phyto Phytokarite Ultra Nourishing Mask for Ultra Dry Hair (used this on dry hair under my steamer before washing, and it knocked all my tangles/naps/kinks out!! :yep:)

Shampoo (still not sure)

purplepeace79

More frequent co-washing when my hair is out. My grocery had V05 for $.65 a bottle. I bought like 16 bottles of conditioner (there was a 4 limit, but I rang them up separate). It was bananas.

My new favorite staple is Lustrasilk cholesterol with Olive Oil. My hair responds better to it than it did the Burdock root creme I was using. I use it every day or every other day.

I still DC once a week. Protein treatment every 6 weeks. By end of summer I hope to have most of the color trimmed out of my hair. We'll see.

back2relaxed

Still primarily using Keracare, although my hair is shorter now...I'll probably use it up and then try something else when I'm done...although I have a LOT of KC right now. My summer regimen will be as follows:

1. Cowash on the weeks that I don't go to the salon. I'll CW 1x that week and shampoo 1x that week. I'll be using Suave Shea and Almond for the CW and KC Hydrating Detangling for the wash.
2. I will DC with KC Humecto or KC Intensive Restorative Masque. I'll do a protein treatment every other week with Aphogee 2 Minute
3. Leave in Condish is Jane Carter Revitalizing Leave In, then I apply Chi Silk Infusion and sometimes Lacio Lacio.
4. I mold my hair down b/c its super short w/ KC Wrap Foam.
5. Tie it down with Wrap it strips and sit under the dryer for maybe 30 minutes. During cowash I may try to airdry, but haven't done it once since my hair has been cut.
6. I style w/my Babyliss mini iron and the 1.5 inch iron...I use Chi as Heat Protectant, and finish the style with Motions Style Spritz. That's about it!