Everyday Hair...The Pretty, The Nappy, The Crazy...Post Your Hair RIGHT NOW!!!

faithVA

I am back home...and I dug up some old pics. Humor me...I'm feeling idle

My first hairdo

Christmas circa 1990

Hair done for church...I probably was around 6 here.

Heading to church again

My puff...that hairstyle was the all the rage at that time.

The ladies in my family have always had thick hair

These next couple pics are of my sis....she has a LOT of hair.

My hair when I was relaxed. I LOVED it in a short bob. I actually never tried to grow it out.

Love, Love, Love All of it. The hair, the family, the babies. And you just knew you were cute as a baby, just posing for the camera. :yep:

Je Ne Sais Quoi

I'm greenhousing right now :giggle:

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Another twist out....chunkier than usual. I used QB's AOHC and AHTB. I got better definition than usual at my crown and the front of my head. Those are the areas that are coarser and thicker...and I find they don't usually define as well as the back.

Oh my gawd!!!!!!! Your hair ain't no joke!

Geminigirl

Thanks faithVA! I got all nostalgic looking at those pics. I realised I missed my family more than I thought.

Oh I forgot where did you get your headband from? I love hair candy.

Geminigirl Do you mind sharing where you get your earrings? They are really cute.

I got my earrings from ToniDaley80 on YT. She lives in Canda so it takes awhile for things to come. She is really nice and has great customer service.My earrings came around the time she said they would.

Here is her link. Watch the video and all the info is there. and Thanks I love my chocolate girl wooden earrings. I think all her wooden earrings are on sale.

http://youtu.be/4SlulMz76iE

godzooki

My boring photo from this morning...What's significant about this is I'm officially the longest post I've ever been, lol! I'm 24 wks post with no immediate plans to touch up...It's so flat because I scarf at night (hate feeling my hair loose/in my face while sleeping). I've been trying the "grease" method lately and this air dry was done after using coconut oil/ schescentit coco creme leave in and then a generous amount of African Pride grease while still wet. I was very surprised that by this method, in the morning it was very soft and not "greasy hard" at all considering the amount of grease I used, lol! I do love the shine I got from it! I'll leave it like this until I cond. wash again usually but I do spritz with a spray I made using water, coco creme leave in, argan and castor oil before re scarfing at night. This is the only reason I made it to 24 wks so far!!

Bun is flat and lopsided from me sleeping on it scarfed. Easily redone and fluffed but I'm too cold and lazy right now.

Ediese

Just did a wash and go at this time of night/morning. I had to coz my hair was dry and tangled! Lol! Anyway, I blow dried it and this is how it turned out.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using LHCF

I absolutely love your hair! My curls are similiar, but doesn't curl from root to tip. My hair is poofy at the roots. :-( You are so lucky!

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
Je Ne Sais Quoi :blush: Thanks! Someone at church that day commented on my 'hard head'....and too bad I don't have hair like my sis (she's a 4a/3c mix) :perplexed: I was like....whatever, and fluffed my hair. Some ppl just make me :nono:

Geminigirl I think I got it at forever 21.

Je Ne Sais Quoi

@Je Ne Sais Quoi :blush: Thanks! Someone at church that day commented on my 'hard head'....and too bad I don't have hair like my sis (she's a 4a/3c mix) :perplexed: I was like....whatever, and fluffed my hair. Some ppl just make me :nono:

@Geminigirl I think I got it at forever 21.

bajandoc86 people are so ignorant. Just brush them off and keep moving. Trust. Your hair is beautiful. You are making me miss the length i used to have before chopping. i can't wait to have longer twist outs like yours. Thick, defined, strong looking twistouts

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
@bajandoc86 people are so ignorant. Just brush them off and keep moving. Trust. Your hair is beautiful. You are making me miss the length i used to have before chopping. i can't wait to have longer twist outs like yours. Thick, defined, strong looking twistouts

^^^ THIS! I have come to this realisation since beginning this hair journey. But as you say I just KIM. Again thank you. I am fully enjoying my hair right now, and excited to see what lies ahead.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
@Je Ne Sais Quoi :blush: Thanks! Someone at church that day commented on my 'hard head'....and too bad I don't have hair like my sis (she's a 4a/3c mix) :perplexed: I was like....whatever, and fluffed my hair. Some ppl just make me :nono:

@Geminigirl I think I got it at forever 21.
ugh at that comment. people really sometimes show their arses when it comes to natural hair.:nono:
and i find Caribbeans in particular can be so blunt and pushy with it, lol.

Geminigirl

That's why I would check people in a heart beat trying to tell me about my mane. If you ain't on point on top of your head be prepared to get your feelings hurt cause you ain't hurting mines. I have people asking me why i use white people brushes or wig brushes they call them or why I do my hair a certain way, the whole time it's not registering to them that #1 there are no rules in hair care, just do what works for you #2 all this hair didn't come from lack of knowledge cause lord knows I never had hair in my life.

So just brush them off and keep growing that thick beautiful hair.

Last edited:

MsChelle

My La Jay wig was just delivered so I put it on and snapped a few pics.

This thing is massive. Way to much hair for me for an everyday wig. I'm about to cut it. I'll order another one to wear as is.

WOW! I love your hair...........love it!!!

Je Ne Sais Quoi

So after i was lazy enough to rinse out my conditioner i threw in some twists yesterday. here is my resulting twist out that will likely only last today and tomorrow since i didn't use any gel. I'm still trying to get the balance right today before i leave the house, my hurr is acting crazy right now:lachen::

AryaStarr258

Used One 'n Only moroccan argan oil shampoo and conditioner. My hair has NEVER been so soft, nor has it air dried this straight before! Excited!!! :bouncegre

mstokes2008

Straightened my hair the other day but the weather has been crazy so I'm sporting these for the time being

Attachments

• 374d7d7d.jpg
    374d7d7d.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 115