Exercising after a relaxer

kittykhat

Hey guys and girls. K, I love exercising and I exercise like six days a week. Lol. Is it ok to exercise after I get a touch-up? Like on the same day? Or will it cause my hair to revert... Thanks. =^_^=

SmartyPants

Just don't exercise BEFORE a relaxer... trust me...

:burning: :burning: :burning: :burning: :burning: :burning: :burning: :burning: :burning: :burning:

blessedandlucky

i'm not quite sure where the idea comes from that (properly) relaxed hair reverts...it doesn't. only straightened naturals have to worry about reversion. relaxing is a chemical process and you can't revert the chemical. i've never letting the timing of a relaxer (either before or after) impact my exercise schedule. i've noticed no difference whatsoever.

hope this is helpful and sorry you didn't get more responses. i hate when that happens..:ohwell:

MummysGirl

It is okay to workout after a relaxer :) Your hair will be fine as long as it's properly relaxed... i.e. not underprocessed - which isn't noticed until after your first wash or sweating.

SmartyPants

i'm not quite sure where the idea comes from that (properly) relaxed hair reverts...it doesn't. only straightened naturals have to worry about reversion. relaxing is a chemical process and you can't revert the chemical. i've never letting the timing of a relaxer (either before or after) impact my exercise schedule. i've noticed no difference whatsoever.

hope this is helpful and sorry you didn't get more responses. i hate when that happens..:ohwell:

You don't want to exercise before a relaxer because the blood flow from the exercise opens up the pores and could lead to burning.

Child0fGod

yep. you should be fine.
i go biking some days after a relaxer and my hair still looks the same pretty much.

i like that i don't worry about my hair when it's relaxed. would hate to miss out on biking, exercising, walking, etc because i'm worried about my hair!

and, don't forget riding with the windows down! LOL; do it all the time... feels good! :):):D