Explain this to me: Is just curly or kinky hair versatile....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reeko43

Part of the problem is that there are no absolutes. All hair is not versatile and the reverse is not true either.

Unfortunately, some are choosing to to denounce or downplay the versatility of our hair to win some imaginary argument. But so what?

Is it wrong of us to proudly declare our hair as being most versatile? Or is it better to stick with the status quo notion that our hair is the worst of the worst? We can rush to champion the traits of another races hair but not our own?

I think a better question to ask is why can't we blacks put ourselves on the same pedestal that we put other races?

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy Note 2

*CherryPie*

It's ridiculous how some of y'all get butt hurt over little things. Stop taking stuff so personal. You're taking silly to a whole new level. OP asked a question, and we are answering from our experience, gosh darnit!

My thoughts exactly. It sounds like a black hair bashing thread. Like, "Woe is me for being stricken w/kinky hair". :perplexed:. Going out of your way to describe just how awful it is and how it couldn't possibly be versatile.

Lilmama1011

It's ridiculous how some of y'all get butt hurt over little things. Stop taking stuff so personal. You're taking silly to a whole new level. OP asked a question, and we are answering from our experience, gosh darnit!

Exactly ! :) thanks so much for understanding

Lilmama1011

Bashing: an excessive use of language in a criticizing manner. No one did that until people started criticizing the ones that don't think it's versatile or as versatile as we make it to be. Everyone is voicing what think or feel. If you haven't noticed, I have thanked some who think the complete opposite of me meaning I'm taking everyone's opinions into consideration and giving it a thought. Don't call it bashing when your doing the bashing.

reeko43

Lol! I thought you were the one hurt. So fervent was your argument against the versatility of black hair it seemed that the very thought disgusted you...

LdyKamz

There are certain comments in this thread that I can't see. But I wonder why threads like this always turn out this way.

Lilmama1011

yes it was me

I'm surprise I remembered it was you lol. Getting off subject here but I don't try to remember people and their threads because people on here pass judgement on here for the rest of your time here just because of some threads you make and I don't think it's right. You can make certain types of threads and be completely diff in real life but it's people on here that remember's everyone and their business because they have none, sad lol

ckisland

I'm not into hair hierarchies either. Every hair type has its pros and cons. It's just in threads like these people don't want any potential cons to be mentioned. I don't mean to bash at all :nono:. I just know that there's a whole other side to this hair life that's real and experienced by many, and it should get consideration too :yep:.

reeko43

I am into hair hierarchies. No other race, and not great many of our own champion our hair. If we don't believe our hair is the greatest since sliced bread than who will? Other races already have the impression that blacks loathe their own hair.

I didn't think the thread was about pros and cons just levels of versatility. Whites tell me all the time how versatile black hair is? Who am I to argue? All hair has its good and bad. Ours just happens to be the most versatile ;)

*CherryPie*

reeko43

I LOVED my natural hair! :yep: It was beautiful. I got compliments on it everywhere I went. It didn't even tangle or knot! But no matter what I did to it, it always turned into an afro. Trying to flat iron it was out of the question.

It just wasn't as versatile as I thought it would be for the reasons I stated above. I feel so free now that I don't have to have a days notice to go somewhere if my hair needs washing.:lol:

Lol! I thought you were the one hurt. So fervent was your argument against the versatility of black hair it seemed that the very thought disgusted you...

Status
Not open for further replies.