Which do you think is more versatile? Natural or Relaxed Hair?

Which is more versatile Natural or Relaxed Hair?

• Relaxed Hair

Votes: 46 14.0%
  • Natural Hair

Votes: 207 62.9%
  • Both

Votes: 56 17.0%
  • Neither :)

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • ?Undecided?

Votes: 15 4.6%

• Total voters

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
For me it's both. Maybe it's because when I relaxed, I was texalaxed and still wore my hair in the same styles as I do as a natural. I agree that it depends upon the texture of the hair and your ability/time to deal with it.

Gracie

I think natural only because you have the option of straightening it with a flatiron leaving all of the natural style options as well as the straighten style options

starfish79

Maybe natural hair...but I think it ultimately depends on how creative the person is in trying new styles.

imaccami

I think that both are equally versatile. I'm relaxed bone straight and I can get hair that looks like it's natural by air drying loose or without leave ins. Even though my hair doesn't naturally form ringlets or curls, I can make it look like it does with rollers.

longhairlover

You ladies in this post are driving me nuts with all the nice natural and relaxed hair, just beautiful! I can't really decide which I would like more, I do long stretches at times and it's kind of time consuming getting natural hair staight under 30 mins but I do anyways, but then I love when my hair is freshly relaxed I can't pick

Sui Topi

As a natural I'm more scared of water that I was when I was relaxed lol. I can't even go in the washroom after my husband had a shower sometimes depending on the style. When I was relaxed I didn't care lol, it would always stay how I set it.

sound

for MYSELF, I would say natural. I have fine strands and my braidouts/twistouts would never look as good. I have so much more fun with my hair as a natural.

Miss*Tress

To me, type 4 natural is the most versatile. If your hair is relaxed or type 1-3 you can't mimic type 4 hair, whereas type 4 can achieve the look of other types.

Dove56

I think relaxed hair is more versatile. My curly 3b/c hair drives me nuts..lol. I let my hair grow waist length while curly but the it took too much drama to get it straight and KEEP the wavy part of my hair straight in humidity! My hair is VERY, VERY thick per square inch and fine/medium so I had ALOT OF HAIR TO DEAL WITH! With my hair relaxed I can still wear it curly but it's a much bigger curl pattern that's much easier to handle. I can wear it straight without worrying about humidity and enjoy having length instead of wearing it in a bun or ponytail all the time. That being said, if I ever get sick of my hair my waves and curls are only a hair cut away. :)

Fleurzty

I'm able to do so much more with my natural hair that I could with my relaxed hair. This isn't a blind statement, because I had spells of creativity when I was relaxed and would try twistouts or curling my hair, but it would fall flat before the end of the day. My hair could not hold on to a style at all so it would also be in a ponytail or a wrap.

Hairsofab

I said natural hair. But I don't know, relaxed hair is very versatile too, especially if it is longer than shoulder length. I think length is what is important to versatility.

PinkSkates

I said natural hair. But I don't know, relaxed hair is very versatile too, especially if it is longer than shoulder length. I think length is what is important to versatility.
You are so right with this statement! Natural texture + a lot of length = so many styling options...even a big pretty Afro!:yep:

MizAvalon

I say natural.

When I went natural years ago, I could rock an afro one day and have it pin straight the next day. Natural hair can always be made to look relaxed, the reverse isn't true. At least it wasn't for me.

skatergurljubulee

As a relaxed head, I think natural is more versatile. But for me, that "versatility" would be a hassle. I like to wear my hair straight (via air drying) most of the time. With my natural hair, I'd have to flat iron and blow dry to get that look. I don't even use heat with my DC's and I con't recall the last time I applied heat to my hair. I'm extremely low maintenance in ALL THINGS and for me, the natural lifestyle (if I wanted length) would not suit.

Stormy

I agree that natural hair is more versatile. I remember when I was relaxed and although straight styles were easier, I didn't have to worry about humidity and all that, I could not do the same styles and get the volume that I get with my natural hair. I remember being 16 weeks post relaxer and I still couldn't get my braid-outs to look right. The ends were still too stringy looking. Even as a natural 4b/4c I can get my hair bone straight and do soooo many styles that I would do if I were relaxed. Then, I can switch right back and wear a BAA, fluffy twists and most every style in between. My tastes in styles have changed now of course, but still...natural is definitely more versatile!

Smiley79

Originally, I would have said Natural hair because I thought I could straighten it when I want and rock it back to curl when I'm done...but now that I've experienced the results of flat ironing my leave-out and sadly completely losing the curl pattern, I realize that natural for me, isn't as versatile as I thought it would be.

On the other hand, I see some relaxed heads who do gorgeous twists outs and their hair looks like pressed out relaxed hair. I dunno. I guess each have their own versatilities.

brittle_hair

I think as others have said it depends on your hair type - I have type 4b(c) hair and although when it's natural it can be made to look bone straight (esp if you go to the salon and they use the super hot tongs), i think in reality it takes a lot of heat and time, which for me, was far too much effort to be doing it on a regular basis. It also reverts fairly quickly - forget humidity, sweat - exercise, rain - going anywhere without an umbrella.

Meanwhile as a relaxed-head rocking a braid-out it is a lot less work than straightening natural type 4b hair and would lasts a lot longer. The braid-outs don't look like my type 4b hair but more like a type 3b afro.

I actually think those with type 3 hair can flick back from straight to curly with a lot less time and effort than a type 4 head person - (assuming hair length was the same for both)

So perhaps the spectrum is wider for naturals who are type 4, however due to the time it takes to go from one style to the other, I was less less likely to go from curly to straight when natural. With my relaxed hair I go from straight to curly much more often by setting my hair on my satin rollers.

SingBrina

I said natural because when my hair is, it is so full and thick and I can do more styles do to that. Makes a difference. ..relaxed it is so thin and I have to do more to make it look nice in a style I can do with natural hair with no hassle. Like a braid out last longer and looks better

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Im texlaxed, so for me, I can do braid out in less time with nice results and all I have to do is roller set for straight hair. No high amounts of heat are necessary, reversion is minimal (since I still have quite a bit of texture) and I don't have to spend much time doing twist or braid outs.

Natural hair offers better results on certain styles and relaxed hair offers better results on certain styles, but in terms of going from one to other with minimal ease, neither hair type is versatile. It just involves to many variables for one straight answer.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I think anyone's hair on their head can be as versatile as you make it. Doesn't matter if you are natural or relaxed JMO though.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF