Extreeeeeeeeeemely Dry 4a/b natural HELP

Zeal

:perplexed:perplexed:perplexedIt seems like nothing Keeps my hair moisturized. It seems to always be dry. No matter what.

I just purchase MNT braid sheen moisturizer spray. I just sprayed my hair with it and then coated it with Vatika. However, as soon as it drys. I know that it will me brittle again.:nono::nono:

Does anyone have extremely dry hair? Have you made a spritz that really works????

Help please.

mscocoface

What are you doing to your hair before you moisturize?

Also oil does not moisturize, it seals moisture.

What is your wash routine?

What is your conditioning routine?

Do you deep condition?

Need some of those answers before making more recommendations.

Last edited:

ryanshope

Hello Zeal. To combat dry hair, you should start with a low/no poo regime. Unfortunately, leave ins, oils, spritzes will not impart moisture into your hair. Those are quick fix solutions. Try using moisturizing conditioners daily for a few weeks--see if that helps.

ClassicChic

I am also experieincing dryness. My hair is colored, too. So far I have started back using my humidifer.

Ms Lala

I agree w/limit your use of poo. I wash regularly but I probably one use poo once a month if that. I also suggest DCing weekly. When I DC regularly my hair needs much less moisturizer. It may take a few weeks for you to see a real turn around in your hair if it is really dry.

frankie

Are you letting your hair dry loose?

If you airdry, try putting it into braids after you add your products, or airdry in rollers. That may help with the feel of your hair.

hothair

:perplexed:perplexed:perplexedIt seems like nothing Keeps my hair moisturized. It seems to always be dry. No matter what.

I just purchase MNT braid sheen moisturizer spray. I just sprayed my hair with it and then coated it with Vatika. However, as soon as it drys. I know that it will me brittle again.:nono::nono:

Does anyone have extremely dry hair? Have you made a spritz that really works????

Help please.

MNT products generally for me are a good "protein" so I say GLYCERIN!!!!! My hair's natural AND coloured I can't say enough about glycerin for dryness, add it to everything, your moisture spray, your leave in, sealants (I mix with elasta mango butter and seal wth castor oil when cornrowing. twisting...), conditioners GLYCERIN is :king:

berry87

Do you currently have braids in?
Is that why you bought the MNT braid Spray?
Did you purchase the spary as a daliy moisturizer for your hair(without braids) ?

If this is what you bought as a daily moisturizer, I dont think its going to help:nono:

mscocoface posted some good questions:grin:

Last edited:

locabouthair

What shampoo do you use?

It might have SLS, whihc is stripping your hair. CON is a good moisturizing shampoo that doesnt have SLS in it.

Energee

I DC twice per week---every time I wash---without fail. I also use coconut milk to pre-poo with. This really gives me silky,soft, well moisturized hair....love it! I never have problems with dry hair...I think it's because I DC with every wash:yep:.

Zeal

Thanks ladies.

I don't shampoo my hair. I use MNT conditioner as a co-wash.

Also....

I have a twa.

I actually purchased the braid spray for my wig. But it is supposed to be a moisturizer.