Extreme Hair-Calf/Ankle Length - San Diego Man grows hair near floor!

CurlyMoo

Here is an article from the LA Times, August 2007 about Robert Sneed who grew his hair extremely long and challenges anyone to grow it longer. LOL :spinning: Ladies please let me know what you think of this article, and your length goals. Please do tell of your hair experiences negative and positive. My sister grew her hair to her tailbone and people accused her of having weave. Do you experience this? And how do you deal with it? Have you been approached to be a hair model? There are so many people of other races/cultures with hair this long and beyond. We can do it too! Thanks and keep up the beautiful work ladies..:grin:

LINK TO ARTICLE

31787791.jpg

LOVE THE BEADS AT THE ENDS! :drunk:

If LINK is not working here is the long form:
http://www.latimes.com/features/hea...ory?coll=la-headlines-health&track=crosspromo

stephanie suthers who has her own hair products business; hairobics she has
attachment.php
hair to her thighs...WOW"! look at that..

Attachments

• 1083656188_m.jpg
    1083656188_m.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 318
That's just extra. I can't help thinking about all the nasty stuff that would end up getting in that much hair. The back of my legs look gross after a run on a wet day.....imagine that being in your hair. ick.

That's just extra. I can't help thinking about all the nasty stuff that would end up getting in that much hair. The back of my legs look gross after a run on a wet day.....imagine that being in your hair. ick.

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:That would Feel Yucky!!!!

attachment.php

Thank you, thank you. You see I knew we could find some women. Please please post more pics and other people. This is really fun.:grin:

Yeah, I would think he would have to wash it everyday to keep it clean. But when he exercises, I'm sure he puts his hair up. He probably rarely wears it down anyway. Like most people with hair that long.

attachment.php
Stephanie said it took her only 10 years to grow her hair from 1/4" to mid-thigh length! And she doesn't wear dreads. She's also 54 years old! :drunk:

This guy is wearing his hair in a way that looks nice and neat.

ETA: I just saw your request for website. Here it is:

http://www.myspace.com/stephaniesuthers

http://www.donvant.com/Home_Page.html

I like this page:
http://www.donvant.com/Hair_Talk.html

Last edited:
I was more interested in the article than his hair:

Some fabulous hair facts:

* Hair -- next to bone marrow -- is the fastest-growing tissue in the body

* The average scalp contains 100,000 hairs.

* The average head produces 35 meters of hair every day.

* You can lose more than 50% of your hair before it is apparent to anyone.

*Hair follicles (where hairs are grown) go through phases:

-- The "anagen" phase -- the time when the follicle is busy making hair. It lasts 500 to 1,800 days, during which time the hair is growing about 0.3 millimeters a day.

-- The "telogen" phase -- when growth stops and the hair is shed.

Then the cycle begins again.

Some people -- most likely for reasons of genetics -- have follicles that stay in the anagen phase indefinitely. That was probably the case for the seven Sutherland sisters. Their hair reached the floor and they used their fabulous tresses to tout a quack hair-growth treatment early last century. Maybe Speed, too, is in perpetual anagen?

Genetics seem to play a huge role in your hair growth. And it was interesting that some people tend to stay in this Anagen Phase for a longer time than other people.

That's why its hard for me to get too excited about having hair to my butt in the next 3-5 years. If my anagen phase isnt like that then so be it.

What factor does this play when we ladies use growth methods and practice good hair care? Some women do everything and still experience setbacks. Could be because their Anagen phase is up.

Sorry, not for me, thanks.:nono: I can't even imagine washing it.:rolleyes: I don't care for long hair on a man.:yawn:

i don't think there is a "perpetual anagen." the average is 3 years, then we go into catagen (stop producing keratinocytes), telogen (shedding) and the latent phase (resting until the cycle starts again). now some people have shorter anagens and longer anagens... i've heard of people having 10-year anagens though. and of course some people have faster growth rates than others, so if you have a long anagen phase plus a fast growth rate, you really could reach amazing lengths in a few years.

3 years at .5 inches a month is 18 inches... i guess that would be the "average" that most people should be able to grow. :yep:

i don't think there is a "perpetual anagen." the average is 3 years, then we go into catagen (stop producing keratinocytes), telogen (shedding) and the latent phase (resting until the cycle starts again). now some people have shorter anagens and longer anagens... i've heard of people having 10-year anagens though. and of course some people have faster growth rates than others, so if you have a long anagen phase plus a fast growth rate, you really could reach amazing lengths in a few years.

3 years at .5 inches a month is 18 inches... i guess that would be the "average" that most people should be able to grow. :yep:

And that seems more than enough hair for me...unless it grows longer!

Back