Fake CHI from Sally's???

Prodigee19

Has anyone else gotten this email from Sally's?

Pastel Pink Ceramic Straightening Iron: Compare to CHI Ceramic Hair Straightener

By: Generic Value Products

Quantity: One
Width: 1''
Color: Pastel Pink

Eliminates frizz, straightens, styles, volumizes, flips and curls. Compare to CHI Ceramic Hair Styling Iron

This versatile GVP styling tool has an ergonomic design and curved edge plates to create any style from straight to curly and everything in between. A powerful heating element and 5 heat settings gives you the power to create the style of your dreams. The GVP styling tool uses Far Infrared Ceramic plates that maintain an even temperature all the time, eliminating hot spots that can cause damage and breakage to the delicate hair strands. This ceramic technology also produces negative ions that seals the cuticle, repels humidity and locks in hair color while smoothing and straightening.

Natural Glow

I have one of these. I love it. I've never used a real Chi so I can't compare the two but the Generic one works well for me. That Chi was just too much $$ for my blood.

Hair2Dye4

I have that exact one (pink and all). I actually like it better than the CHI because of the temp control. I've done a friend's hair with her CHI and didn't like it as much as my bootleg. It's been going hard for over a year now with no probs, too.

AsTheCurlzTurns

Yup I got it in my email, and all them colors are nice tho for $59.99 But I'm not keen on purchasing one of those since I've heard sooo much about the REAL CHI and the Maxiglide, I'd hate to throw my money on one of these and they're nothing like the real thang. But if several gave a favorable review on it and the real one and it's pretty much just like the real one or EVEN better, then that could be the deal breaker for me, since I'm more interested in a CHI right now.

chebaby

i got mine over three months ago for like 20 something dollars. it works extreemely good but then again i dont use it too often.

KaramelDiva1978

I have this one too, probably almost 2 years now. I like it also b/c of the temp control. I never used a real CHI, so I don't have much to compare it too. But the price and simplicity was a real attraction.

You know too, you can always return electrical items to Sally's in 30 days or less, so you can try after you buy and return for a full refund.

lovelymissyoli

I just purchased this flat iron tonight. I was really anxious to test it so I did on a few of the curls from my strawset and I'm not disappointed. Now I really can't compare it to the real CHI, but in my opinion it does a great job for the price!

Before I get one of those "need pics" icons I'll add one or two below.

EbonyF

I was considering getting this iron but lucked out and got the FHI for $61.75 at frizyy2silky.com The colors are really cute though.

CinnaMocha

I have one myself...and what sold me on the product, just like other members stated, was the temperature control (I like this notion since my hair is fine)...I love the product...Currently, I just am trying to find ways to extend how long my hair lasts when it's straightened...