• Yes

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • No

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Depends (please explain)

Votes: 8 23.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi, you know those conditioners that are labelled "deep" or "penetrating conditioner", but the instructions say you only need to leave on for 3-5 minutes (eg. Aussie 3 minute miracle)? Do they properly work and count as deep conditioners? I was just wondering, because I read many ladies here leaving DCs in their hair for at least an hour to overnight or even longer. Can the same be done with these fast-acting DCs to make them penetrate better, or are they not proper DCs? I'd like to know your opinions, please :)

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
whats up cherrycherryBoomBoom!

i dont care what the instructions say, its the time you spend with it on your head that makes it deep, when you DC with heat, that makes it even deeper. 3-5 mins is not long enough for it to go "deep".

whats up cherrycherryBoomBoom!

i dont care what the instructions say, its the time you spend with it on your head that makes it deep, when you DC with heat, that makes it even deeper. 3-5 mins is not long enough for it to go "deep".

:wave: I'm fine thanks, hope you are too :grin:. Thank you for your answer. Your hair is wonderful and waist length so of course I'm gonna listen to you :D

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
:wave: I'm fine thanks, hope you are too :grin:. Thank you for your answer. Your hair is wonderful and waist length so of course I'm gonna listen to you :D

:grin::grin::grin:!!!

thanks!!

well it that case, let me feel free to ramble on,

i posted this in another thread a while back.

i did my own little experiment one day. i had a cup of hot water and a cup of cold water. i put a tea bag in both cups at the same time. the tea bag in the hot was immediately sink inside the cup and was soaked, while the bag in the cold water floated on top of the water! so just to prove my point, its the heat that makes all the goodness soak in and penetrate the hair shaft :grin:

bimtheduck

The shortest amt of time I've DCed and it was still efective was 20 min with heat and 1 hour without heat. I usually go longer though. I only DC once sometimes twice a week.

Do you think maybe if a conditioner is used everyday for 5 min that that is the equivelent to a hour long session? Maybe thats the logic behind those daily deep conditoners like Aussie and NTM, is that they are execpting people to use them everyday.
I still leave mine on longer though. I even leave my Aphogee 2min on for 10-15 min.

AlliCat

I don't consider quick DC's like Aussie 3 min miracle or Aphogee 2 minute to have the same effect as an hour-long deep condition. IMO those are reconstructors

Do you think maybe if a conditioner is used everyday for 5 min that that is the equivelent to a hour long session? Maybe thats the logic behind those daily deep conditoners like Aussie and NTM, is that they are execpting people to use them everyday.
I still leave mine on longer though. I even leave my Aphogee 2min on for 10-15 min.

Hmm, that's interesting, I never really thought if it that way. It could well be, especially since those fast-acting DCs such as Aussie and the HE masks seem to be marketed towards white people anyway, who often do wash their hair everyday. I will have to think about that, thanks.

Prayin4FullWL2012

I just started DCing everyday over night starting from Friday, and my cornrows are lifting up off of my scalp. I think it's better than regular moisturizer because DC's have the ultimate moisture. Since I wear a wig I can pull it off, if I was showing my hair then I wouldnt do the over night thing. But I would use the fast acting dc for longer than the time that is recommended, I dont care what the bottle say, because it's like they want us to use it all fast, just so we could use it up and by more. I'm not wit it. I will get the most for my money, every time. Plus Cherry Cherry Boom Boom, we are hair educated and that is what these companies fail to realize lol. Girl you know what to do. HHG

Last edited:

PEACHEY

one thing to also consider is the active ingrediants. when i say active im speaking of the things in the conditioner that is for the hair opposed to the things in it for reasons like preserving the conditioner. some chemical make-ups of some ingrediants have the power of penetrating the hair strand very fast. but in my research, i have not been able to find many of those ingrediants in the conditioners we use. So i always condition my hair over night. if time is a factor and i cannot condition overnight i always get under the dryer. maybe its all a head game, but i get angry when i cannot condition overnight because i feel i did not do my hair any justice.

Keshieshimmer

I had used the new Dove Daily Moisture intensive conditioner. And it says leave for 2 minutes I think. Well I left it on for an hour and nada I hated it, but when I used it as is my hair felt soft.

Not really sure I know what that means. haha. But I still use it as a rinse out conditioner instead of a deep conditioner. I don't see how it can beat DC for an hour.

hair4romheaven

Some conditioners that are not "deep" conditioners will not penetrate the hair shaft as a "intense deep conditioner" would. If it says leave on for 3-5 min its not a deep conditioner..IMO and will not "deep condition the hair the way a "intense deep conditoner will. The ones that says leave on for 15-30 etc with or without heat is a deep conditioner IMO as it is created to penetrate the hair shaft.
I don't have WL hair but it's logic IMO

Jazala

If it doesn't have penetrating ingredients, it wont deep condition no matter how long you leave it on.

BEAUTYU2U

I believe they are still deep conditioners, I think they make them seem "fast-acting" to make it sound better than other products :rolleyes: I always left my Aussie 3 Min. on for thirty minutes or longer. Even before I found LHCF, I would keep my rinse out conditioner on for the same time. I don't pay no mind to instructions (lol)

Kindheart

Hi, you know those conditioners that are labelled "deep" or "penetrating conditioner", but the instructions say you only need to leave on for 3-5 minutes (eg. Aussie 3 minute miracle)? Do they properly work and count as deep conditioners? I was just wondering, because I read many ladies here leaving DCs in their hair for at least an hour to overnight or even longer. Can the same be done with these fast-acting DCs to make them penetrate better, or are they not proper DCs? I'd like to know your opinions, please :)
Good question sis .:)
first thing first leaving conditioner overnight is pointless cuz hair can absorb a certain amount of product ,after that it just sits on the hair leaving it moist for many hours which can lead to overconditioning (weakens hair strands and cause breakage and dryness in the long run)..To answer your question i think some conditioners have a higher ability to get absorbed into the hair shaft and normally contain some sort of cone to coat the hair and give that feeling of softness (pantene ,Elvive masks )IMO a deep conditioner should stay on the hair a min of 15 mins to a max of an hour .over that is a waste of time keeping it on .

Last edited: