Fast from wrong thinking day 13

Prudent1

Today we’re fasting from the thoughts that say, “Why is God punishing me?” or “Is God punishing me?”

Even when something goes wrong, don’t give into these thoughts for a second.

Let's CHANGE IT TODAY:
1. God is a rewarder NOT a punisher. There is never a place in the New Testament where God is described as a punisher. But many, as a rewarder. Look at Hebrews 11:6, James 1:17, Matthew 6:33.

2. Accept NO condemnation (judgment or punishment) in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:1). And you are in Him, if you simply believe in His sacrifice and substitution.
3. Abide in the Word. Think, breathe, and speak the Word of God. John 15:7 says "..My words abide in you, THEN you shall ask whatever you wish and it will be done for you." Believe in the God who GIVES whatever you ask.

4. Change your view of God. Many children of israel fell in the wilderness because they believed God was punishing them, therefore they made wrong choices. God was trying to bless them. (Deut. 1:27)

5. Even when something goes wrong, believe in the God who makes things right. (Romans 8:28, Deut. 23:5)

6. Come boldly to throne of His grace. Throw off shame and fear. You are righteous by faith (2 Cor. 5:21), and thus have the right to God’s help, mercy and rewards. (Hebrews 4:15-16)

THINK IT & SAY IT:
I believe that God rewards me; He is not punishing me. Even when things go wrong, He will right every wrong, and turn a curse into a blessing. I refuse to accept condemnation and I receive God’s mercy when I’ve failed or need God’s help. I reject guilt and receive the wisdom to make great decisions and experience God’s best rewards, in Jesus’ Name!

In His Amazing Love,

Gregory Dickow