~*February 2011 Hits and Misses*~

Brownie518

You need to stop giving yours away. I know you went hard on that last sale. I only give away the scents I don't like.

I got *cough* 10 jars last sale. :look: The ones I gave away were the ones I intended to give away. :yep: The ones for me :nono: no sharing those.

Mische

HIT:

Hercules Sagemann Magic mini Star. No lie, this comb has changed my life. I actually get kind of mad thinking about all the broken hairs I would lose during combing sessions before going seamless. I want those strands back. :nono:

13StepsAhead

Hit:
-Bain de terre coconut and moringa conditioner
- Hempz hydrating conditioner; although I could do without the strong scent

Miss:
-MHC honey hair mask

chebaby

hit: bunning. i really like this protective style. i normally love wearing my hair out and free but wanted to put it away without doing twists or braids and i love this.

hit: komaza shea butter hair lotion, komaza califia styling cream(i love love love this), hydratherma naturals protein amino conditioner.
and komaza jojoba hemp balm is a major hit.

chebaby

revisiting hit: Curls coconut sublime conditioner and Curls milkshake. they were both staples at one point and then i just stopped using them for no reason. well i went back and im kicking myself for stopping in the first place. they are both so moisturizing for my hair. and i used to love the milkshake on wash and go hair so when im done with this bun i cant wait to use it on w&g.
however i used it on my bun and it is soooooooo moist. i sealed it in with komaza jojoba hemp balm.

Toy

Hits:

Samy moisture conditioner
Redken intense renewal hair mask
Paul Mitchell reconstructor
AG ultra moist conditioner
Elucence moisture balancing conditioner

destine2grow

HIT:

Hercules Sagemann Magic mini Star. No lie, this comb has changed my life. I actually get kind of mad thinking about all the broken hairs I would lose during combing sessions before going seamless. I want those strands back. :nono:

I purchase the Hercules Sagemann styler/detangler comb and the rat tail comb. They are the bomb. I am looking at buying the styling brush and detangler brush! I think the name is Ouidad

Angelicus

HIT: Carol's Daughter Tui Hair Smoothie- I take back every negative thing I said in previous posts about Carol's Daughter brand products. I was given two free samples of this at my nearest Sephora store. I used it as a leave-in conditioner instead following the directions. It was very easy to roller set my hair after applying this product. I really like the way it smells, too.

MISS: Rosa Mosqueta Nourishing Conditioner- It smells exactly like GPB Conditioner, except that it doesn't work well like it. Good thing I only purchased a 2 oz bottle. Left my hair feeling "blah" and rough.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
New Hits:

Tangle Teezer: OMG I don't care how late I am. I love this thing! I will definitely be able to get to one year post with this little brush. Completely took out the puffiness and bulk of my 5 months post roots. I lost so little hair, much less than with my shower comb MEGA MEGA HIT :yep:

More oil in my reggie: Adding oil to henna, hot oil rinses and the HOT thread :yep:

Sofn'free curl activator moisturizer: Toy have you ever tried this? I really like it, I like it better than S-curl and the Proline comb-thru softener. Its consistency is similar to the softener and the scent is very mild.

Keracare Humecto (gold label)

Last edited:

corpFROcentric

Misses

Tresseme Naturals Conditioner
Going "cone" free wasn't for me. I know some naturals swear buy it but my hair hates it. My hair looks and feels 100x's better with my cone filled products.

Hit
Pineapple method for perserving my curls. I love this!
Tresseme Naturals Shampoo

Last edited:

Toy

New Hits:

soft'n'free curl activator moisturizer: @Toy have you ever tried this? I really like it, I like it better than S-curl and the Proline comb-thru softener. Its consistency is similar to the softener and the scent is very mild.

halee_J,Never tried it i will have to check it out Thank you!!!:grin:

Kimiche

Misses

Tresseme Naturals Conditioner
Going "cone" free wasn't for me. I know some naturals swear buy it but my hair hates it. My hair looks and feels 100x's better with my cone filled products.

Hit
Pineapple method for perserving my curls. I love this!
Tresseme Naturals Shampoo

I also tried the Tresseme Naturals Conditioner a few days ago and it was a miss for me as well. My hair felt good while it was on, but when I washed it out, my hair didn't feel nice at all. :nono:

13StepsAhead

Hit:
Mane n Tail Shea Butter and Aloe cream.

I'm actually getting the hang if using up my stash, I'm coming across things I forgot I had.

Diva_Esq

Hits: Herbal Essence LTR, Herbal Essence TT, Yes to Carrots (all of these were conditioner revisits after a break...and loved them all again!),

Misses: Mixed Silk leave-in and deep condish (knock off Mixed Chicks products at Sally) left my hair like straw!, Samy condish...wasn't all that, Moroccan Oil Curl Creme...overpriced and overrated. Just greasy...no moisture. Not for us!

Honi

There is no board.
Straddling the fence on this one - Mane N' Tail Deep moist. condish. Felt really good going on but hair felt dry after I air dried. I'm going to add some things to it and see if it works. Other than that it didn't work for me straight out of the bottle.

hairsothick

Black and Magical
Hit: Giovanni 50:50 Hydrating Balancing shampoo

Made my hair squeaky clean hair while leaving it incredibly soft afterward.

Brownie518

HITS

Afroveda Murumuru Healthy Hair Butter
Afroveda Murumuru Butter Moisturizing Deep Conditioning Mask
Hydratherma Naturals Follicle Booster
BFH Mango Macadamia Butter mask

Miss

BFH Chocolate Espresso conditioner - didn't seem to do anything for me

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
HITS:

Hairsense Bone Combs
Hydratherma Naturals: Follicle Booster, Lotion, Protein Leave-In, Protein DC'er and Oil
Tangle Teezer
HOTs & Oil Rinses

Shay72

Natural, 4A
HITS

Afroveda Murumuru Healthy Hair Butter
Afroveda Murumuru Butter Moisturizing Deep Conditioning Mask
Hydratherma Naturals Follicle Booster
BFH Mango Macadamia Butter mask

Miss

BFH Chocolate Espresso conditioner - didn't seem to do anything for me

:wallbash: Afroveda keep trying to call me back! I was interested in the emu oil stuff and now look at this :nono:.

30something

Miss: Yes To Carrot conditioner
HORRIBLE.. lost clumps and clumps of hair only my egg treatment could fix. Had no slip what so ever. Tangled my hair soo bad.. had no moisture. I tossed it... I'll should just be happy with just having two conditioners... and so i am.... no more conditioners for me :spinning:

Hit: Karen Body beatiful Butter love. Love it!!!! Amazing shine and good moisture

natura87

I also tried the Tresseme Naturals Conditioner a few days ago and it was a miss for me as well. My hair felt good while it was on, but when I washed it out, my hair didn't feel nice at all. :nono:

:blush:My hair adores Tresemme Naturals.