February 2004 Hits and Misses

Allandra

Re: February Hits and Misses

[ QUOTE ]
DeQuendre said:
The only thing new I tried in Feb was a MISS: Kiehl's Lecithin and Coconut Enriched Hair Masque with Panthenol for Dry Hair. It was just okay. No magic like other products.

I have such a hit and miss relationship with Kiehl's. I love the Conditioner Rinse with Coconut and of course Silk Groom.

This month, I am going to try the Deep Conditioning Protein Pak, probably towards the end of the month. I broke down and got it after wanting it for so long. Please let there be magic!

[/ QUOTE ]
Let me know how the Deep Conditioning Protein Pak works out for you. I used their Lecithin and Coconut Enriched Hair Masque with Panthenol for Dry Hair a few years back. I get the same results with Miss Key 10 en 1 (minus the coconut). The consistency is pretty much the same (very thick).

lunalight7

Just to let you all know that after Chaya's review on the Joico Intensive Moisture Tx, I emailed the company for a sample. Well, today I received a FULL SIZED BOTTLE!!!!! I couldn't believe it....what a treat! I will be sending them a flowery email thanking them for the gift. It's nice to know that true customer service is alive and well...I'll also post results on the board soon!

sithembile

Wow, that's so great Luna, please let us know how it goes, I think I may try it again!

Spagirl

Nothing to report...no new products purchased for another month
(PJ New Year resolution).

Cleo

Miss: Joico Intensive Moisturizer
...I so wanted to love this, but it did nothing for me. I had to re-wash and follow up with my beloved Humecto. It will be going back to Trade Secrets.

Hits:
Pantene R&N wrap&setting lotion

Paris Belle

I tried Keraphix by Nexxus and I love it love it love it. I love the smell and the fact that it's a reconstructor. Definitely going to be a staple.

northernbelle

Lukewarm responses for:

Neutrogena Triple Moisture Silk Touch Leave In.

I am just not raving about it the way many of you are. While I liked the way it softened my new growth, I was not impressed with the way it performed on the hair shaft. So, I will continue my search for a more compatible leave-in product.

Redken Extreme CAT.

Essence raved about this product. I was lead to believe that it was a strong reconstructor, like Joico K-Pak Reconstructor. For the price, I regret having purchased the Redken Extreme CAT instead of the Joico K-Pak Reconstructor. That's what happens when one does not carefully read the list of ingredients. I did in fact purchase a tube of Joico K-Pak Reconstructor today. Trade Secret had its buy one, get one at 50% sale on Saturday (3/5) on Joico K-Pak. I think this was what my hair needed, and I think that it alleviated my ends breakage dilemma. My hair looks fuller, and feels stronger.

Elasta QP Mango Butter.

I even went on-line to purchase this product. Again, I cannot share in the rave fest on this one. I actually knew better when I purchased the Mango Butter: my hair really does not respond to so-called natural oils.

So, I guess I will be sending the Redken to my friend in Boston. LOL! She is the main beneficiary of my product misses.

northernbelle

Isis

I love my new, gigantic silk scarf and oversized silk hair bonnet from tenderheaded.com! :love: These will last me a long time. :yep:

tryn2growmyhair

northernbelle said:
Lukewarm responses for:

Neutrogena Triple Moisture Silk Touch Leave In.

I am just not raving about it the way many of you are. While I liked the way it softened my new growth, I was not impressed with the way it performed on the hair shaft. So, I will continue my search for a more compatible leave-in product.

Redken Extreme CAT.

Essence raved about this product. I was lead to believe that it was a strong reconstructor, like Joico K-Pak Reconstructor. For the price, I regret having purchased the Redken Extreme CAT instead of the Joico K-Pak Reconstructor. That's what happens when one does not carefully read the list of ingredients. I did in fact purchase a tube of Joico K-Pak Reconstructor today. Trade Secret had its buy one, get one at 50% sale on Saturday (3/5) on Joico K-Pak. I think this was what my hair needed, and I think that it alleviated my ends breakage dilemma. My hair looks fuller, and feels stronger.

Elasta QP Mango Butter.

I even went on-line to purchase this product. Again, I cannot share in the rave fest on this one. I actually knew better when I purchased the Mango Butter: my hair really does not respond to so-called natural oils.

So, I guess I will be sending the Redken to my friend in Boston. LOL! She is the main beneficiary of my product misses.

northernbelle
Elasta QP mango butter is NOT natural. Real mango butter is better. I ordered a free sample from Elasta QP and new right away that it was not going to work for me. I use real mango butter instead and put it in a double boiler to soften it up. Something that works even better is shea butter. I have a huge tub of that at home and once I am finished with my mango butter I will not be buying anymore. But look at the ingredients list for the EQPMB. MB is way, way down the list.

Allandra

FYI - THIS IS THE FEBRUARY 2004 hits and miss thread NOT the February 2005 Hits and Miss thread. Looks like someone bumped this oldie up.

Desert Skye

Herbal Essence Style Refreshing Mist: My hair likes to pick up smells and since I cant wash my hair everyday, a few spritz with this mist make my hair smell like i just shampooed. It smells really good.

MonaLisa

Allandra said:
FYI - THIS IS THE FEBRUARY 2004 hits and miss thread NOT the February 2005 Hits and Miss thread. Looks like someone bumped this oldie up.

That is what you call seriously digging in the crates...:ohwell: