February 2017 What Did You Buy This Week?

immy

This winter my crown area is extra dry. The hair in that area is tangle prone. I exercise frequently and must rinse my hair and scalp to remove the minerals from perspiration. My usual remedies (shea butter & cocoa butter blends,castor, moringa, Black Seed, sesame-based & coconut-based Ayurvedic oils all wear off too quickly.

The pomade (green) and hair food (yellow) behave like butter blends despite having a petroleum jelly base. Nature's Blessings products aren't heavy or sticky like traditional grease. When you scoop some out they immediately liquefy and feel slippery. They both have hair growth herbs & EOs I use in them; no doctoring up needed. Both are easily removed with my cleansers (Bobeam Swastik, Godrej, LUSH shampoo bars, Trader Joes Tea Tree Tingle, Kinky-Curly Come Clean shampoos).

On wash day I apply a small amount to my scalp and ends as a last step in my styling routine. Problem solved. My scalp absorbs the oils but the petroleum seals in moisture and stays put. When I rinse, sweat is removed but my crown doesn't dry out.

thanks for the detailed response! off to amazon :badidea:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
From Chagrin Valley:
Chagrin Valley Feb 2017 Purchase.png

These Butter Bar Conditioning Shampoo Bar reviews have me excited to try it out!:

I recently ordered the Butter Bar Conditioner and I am amazed. Completely amazed. I have dry, easily tangled, African textured hair. I have never used a product that not only cleansed my hair, but made it feel so soft, until this bar! I have used unrefined shea butter on my hair for years and using this bar is like washing, conditioning, and adding shea butter all in one step. No more shower full of conditioner bottles!! Thank you so much! Tonya, Georgia
-------------
Butter Bar Conditioner Shampoo Bar: I am at a loss for words when it comes to this amazing shampoo bar. This is probably the best invention you guys have ever created that can actually tame my transitioning hair...and STILL keep it detangled. This was the first time I used this bar after I got fed up with an organic liquid shampoo of mine and I dumped the rest of it down the sink so I could use this.

After using an organic pre-treatment designed for natural hair, I lathered my hair up with this bar. The first thing I noticed was that I could run my fingers through my mane. I couldn't do that with my former shampoo and that shocked me. I rinsed it out and finger combed my hair to prep it for my deep conditioner. It was still soft and I could still run my fingers through! It also did not feel stiff! It was then that my hair care regimen got simpler and I decided to return my deep conditioner to get my money back.

Your products are causing me to stray away from the product junkie in me and save a ton of money. Frugal, simple hair care that is easy on my wallet! Don't EVER stop making this; I will cry if you do. This bar truly tamed my hair!
Jasmine, Florida

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
From Chagrin Valley:
View attachment 389157

These Butter Bar Conditioning Shampoo Bar reviews have me excited to try it out!:

I recently ordered the Butter Bar Conditioner and I am amazed. Completely amazed. I have dry, easily tangled, African textured hair. I have never used a product that not only cleansed my hair, but made it feel so soft, until this bar! I have used unrefined shea butter on my hair for years and using this bar is like washing, conditioning, and adding shea butter all in one step. No more shower full of conditioner bottles!! Thank you so much! Tonya, Georgia
-------------
Butter Bar Conditioner Shampoo Bar: I am at a loss for words when it comes to this amazing shampoo bar. This is probably the best invention you guys have ever created that can actually tame my transitioning hair...and STILL keep it detangled. This was the first time I used this bar after I got fed up with an organic liquid shampoo of mine and I dumped the rest of it down the sink so I could use this.

After using an organic pre-treatment designed for natural hair, I lathered my hair up with this bar. The first thing I noticed was that I could run my fingers through my mane. I couldn't do that with my former shampoo and that shocked me. I rinsed it out and finger combed my hair to prep it for my deep conditioner. It was still soft and I could still run my fingers through! It also did not feel stiff! It was then that my hair care regimen got simpler and I decided to return my deep conditioner to get my money back.

Your products are causing me to stray away from the product junkie in me and save a ton of money. Frugal, simple hair care that is easy on my wallet! Don't EVER stop making this; I will cry if you do. This bar truly tamed my hair!
Jasmine, Florida

Did you purchase anything?

theRaven

I finally purchased some Indian hair products. For the longest time I have been wanting to buy off Amazon but I couldn't justify the shipping costs. Went yesterday with a new friend and he took me to an Indian market right by campus.
Picked up: Amla Oil, Vatika Oil, and Rose Water.