Felt Like Venting about Natural Hair

TRINITY05

I am so happy to be natural after 3 years. In the beginning, my journey was a challenge but I hung in there. I never thought I would feel comfortable wearing my natural hair in the workplace because it's so corporate america here.

As a little girl, I was taught from society that straight hair was good hair and natural kinky hair was just not acceptable in the workplace. So I made sure I kept my hair permed with chemicals or straightened with a hot comb.

I am older now and I am loving and embracing my wonderful thick coarse 4b hair. I just wanted to share for all the wonderful ladies with natural lucious kinky hair out there. Enjoy and embrace your beautiful tresses!

Do you have pics of your hair for inspiration? I would love to see 3 year old 4b hair.
My hair is only 4months old. :)

Thanks for the encouraging words OP :bighug: I almost have 1 1/2 years of natural hair growth (BCed close to 4 months ago) & I can't wait to make it to 3 years and more!

Yes! Yes! Yes! I haven't posted anything in a while but came on just to post on natural hair. I used to be the girl in the salon every 2 weeks getting a press and curl. But I've been wearing my hair natural lately and it's so interesting the reactions I get. I go to work and get a ton of compliments from my coworkers (mostly white and hispanic). We as a people need to start embracing the versatile hair we naturally have.

Back