Fighting the grays and losing. Any suggestions?

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Every 3-4 weeks, I use Lustrous Henna, an all-natural hair color dye, soft black to cover my gray hair. It's quicker to use than traditional powder henna and its totally natural. They have a variety of shades. I stay away from PPD and other harsh chemicals.
Occasionally, I also use traditional henna and indigo powder from Saba Botanical of USA every 6 weeks. I get these products from: www.SabaBotanical.com

Hope this helps,

nylatinjazz

Do you have to use indigo with this or just the henna alone? What is the recipe you use? Henna/indigo is so much work for me.:ohwell:

FindingMe

If you want to stay away from chemicals, then dyes like "just for men" should be avoided.
btw: testimonial page for lustrous henna (it comes in mahogany too). It takes me a little over an hour from start to finish.

Whatever you end up using, I hope it's all natural to avoid damaging your hair and scalp.

Smile. :lots:You'll find something that works!

I agree with nylatinjazz. The entire henna process is 1-2 hours max. There is no long resting/curing process. Just 10 miunutes and you are ready to apply to hair. We know that true henna is only one color - red. To get other colors requires the addition of indigo. You can purchase the Luscious Henna with the selection of the color that you would like your hair to be. The company has already added the required amount of indigo to acheive the color that you would like. No more guestimating the amount of indigo to add to acheive the color that you want. Check out their website for additional information. HTH

Ok- I'm going to order this bc 1.5 hours for a color application is about all I can manage. thx!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
My cousin inspired me to embrace my gray. Hopefully my gray hair will grow in to be just as beautiful.

Your hair is gorgeous. I would embrace mine if I didn't look like a skunk.:blush::ohwell: My grays are strait down the middle of my hair. I got my first grays at 16 and I'm not even 40 yet.:nono: My inner Eve refuses to let me not color mine.

JazzyOleBabe

DDTexlaxed
I know you didn't ask me but I think I can answer. No you do not have to add anything. Just make a selection of the color that you are trying to acheive and order that one. When you get it just open the package and add boiling water and follow the directions. Very very easy.

JazzyOleBabe

Beverly Ann Properties and DDTexlaxed

I would have left my grays alone a long time ago but I just got fed up one day when I was asked by a woman to join a club that had a membership age requirement of 55. I was only in my 30's. That did it for me. I strolled/ran into my local CVS and bought the dye. I truly wished that I had not done that. I had a head of beautifully graying hair. I might have been truly all gray right about now. le sigh.