Finally Bought A Half Wig! Need Help

jessicarabbit

So today my boyfriend bought me a half wig, its good for a starter wig, nothing too special or anything. the question is, where exactly do i place it on my head and how much hair do i leave out? i dont want it to look too "wiggy". Do i put it in the middle of my head or near the front? do i leave out the whole front portion of my hair (sides included) or just the bangs?
And how do i get it to lay flat? theres kind of a "hump" in the middle of it, i cant explain sorry. I dont want it to look lace-frontish (like the girls you see with a big thick hairline on their forehead). Any suggestions? thanks ladies!

How cool is your boyfriend! In general your half wig is worn about 1-2 inches away from your hair line, not halfway on your head (I know it sounds counter intuitive). This helps to create a seamless blend - depending upon how full your hairline is of course. If your edges are thin, you will have to move it back a little further. Many half wigs are constructed in such that the front edge of the wig is a little bulky. So if your hair is thin, it is more noticeable.

Hope this helps!

MsLauren

Go look on youtube and you'll see hundreds of videos to help you out!
If your hair is on the thin side it may be harder to blend. That was my problem so now I can only wear full lace wigs! So I have to wear my half wigs with cute headbands now.