Finally Did a Tutorial on my Messy Updo - Pic Heavy

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
I finally was able to put together a quick tutorial on how to do this messy updo. I hope the steps are clear. Sorry, the tutorial pics aren't that great because I couldn't figure out how to paste the pics into the actual post.

This updo is a way to make your hair appear fuller because of the rollers and the fact that your ends are tucked under the barrette. Of course it didn't turn out as nice when I did it the second time when I did the tutorial but I'm getting the hang of it now and I still love it. I'm about 7 weeks post so I don't know how long I'll be able to hide the new growth in the back though.

Attachments

• MssyupdoA.jpg
    MssyupdoA.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 165
  • MssyupdoB.jpg
    MssyupdoB.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 159
  • MssyupdoB1.jpg
    MssyupdoB1.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 143
  • MssyupdoC.jpg
    MssyupdoC.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 122

poookie

gotcha! i love it! i always wondered how people pull off this updo. thanks for sharing, i'll try this style out tomorrow!

Miss*Tress

That's a pretty look.

ETA: It's a great protective style for ladies whose hair is still too short for buns as it doesn't stress the hairline and there's no breakage where the elastic would go.

Last edited:

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
That's a pretty look.

ETA: It's a great protective style for ladies whose hair is still too short for buns as it doesn't stress the hairline and there's no breakage where the elastic would go.

Exactly! I thought I had to wait till I was at least APL to wear this type of style but I'm so happy I can rock it now. I always liked this style since I saw Whitney Houston rocking it in Waiting to Exhale. Hers was a french braid wig/weave though... I think :grin:

isabella09

Lovely style, your hair looks beautiful! Thanks for the great tutorial, I shall definitely be giving this a try.

Last edited:

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
Exactly! I thought I had to wait till I was at least APL to wear this type of style but I'm so happy I can rock it now. I always liked this style since I saw Whitney Houston rocking it in Waiting to Exhale. Hers was a french braid wig/weave though... I think :grin:

That's where I saw this style! Good for you for remembering and copying!