Mini Tutorial of My Updo That Makes Hair Look Fuller (Pics)

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
Some of you ladies asked how I did my updo that creates the illusion of a full bun. I did a quick mini-tutorial.

Here are the pics of my updo from weeks ago:

And here is what I did to get this updo:

PLEEEZE ignore the frizzy, dry looking hair (and the beady beads in the kitchen LOL).:perplexed I just washed it and I'm trying to lay off the heat a bit so it is what it is (the updo pics above were weeks ago after a fresh relaxer/flat-iron).

Step 1:
Comb hair down and twist both sides and pin to the middle.

Step 2:
Pull remaining hair from the back up toward the crown area. The trick is to pull it up higher than your other pinned hair.

Step 3:
Tuck the hair ends underneath with a hair pin and then put a barrette over it to cover it.

Attachments

• 2011updo2.jpg
    2011updo2.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 595
  • 2011updo3.jpg
    2011updo3.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 581
  • Step1.jpg
    Step1.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 579
  • Step2.jpg
    Step2.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 577
  • Step3.jpg
    Step3.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 578

pookaloo83

Wow! So simple! Cause when you tried to describe it in the other thread I was like :perplexed Thanks so much! I love this style.

Kn0ttyByNatur3

I like this style, very cute!

Its simple to create, a big plus for the style challenged like me. @_# :lol:

Last edited:

Cendra

So simple...this is great for fine hair ladies like me. Very elegant.

Thanks for sharing!

nakialovesshoes

Subscribing for when I actually have enough hair to bun. Thanks - this can be casual or formal even with the right hair candy. Me loves...

Harina

This is all I ever to do my hair. My hair is dense but when it is straightened, it is so light and wispy so I do updos like this. I think until my hair gets longer, when it is straight, it just looks better up like this.

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
OOooooHHHhh this is really pretty and professional! I am going to do this after a fresh relaxer! Thanks so much for the pictures!

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Thanks for the pics. It makes it so clear and it's very beautiful. Thanks for sharing! :yep:

HauteHippie

Thanks, Hairsnob! You always have such great tips! I'll try this once I'm out of my weave.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

ADB

That is simple and very pretty!!! I'm going to try this. I know my DH is tired of looking at my boring old everyday bun.lol

wheezy807

Thanks for sharing! It's an excellent, simple protective style. Very modern and elegant, too. I'll have to wait for a touchup before i can try this one.