Finally figured out my hair woes! Clairol Advanced Gray

jcdlox

I finally figured out the reason my scalp has been so irritated, nape hair broke off and growth slowed down to a standstill was the Clairol Advanced Gray hair color. I must be allergic. I've now been color free for about 2 months and my scalp is :yep: It was also drying my hair so bad I had significant breakage. So I started using Carol's Daughter Marguerite's Magic moisturizer and my hair feels like butta! I'm ready to retain some growth in 2012... FINALLY!

Pompous Blue

jcdlox It's good you figured out that it was the Clairol.

Have you considered going ayurvedic? I use henna and powders to keep my hair dark and the greys covered up. Also, my hair has thickened up to its former glory and become stronger.

It's just something to consider to restore your hair to its full, healthy self.

Good luck on your 2012 HHJ, too!

Bublin

Glad to hear you figured out your problem. I felt like that when i realised my hair was excessively dry due to too much protien and started using Keracare products for moisture. It's great when ur hair does a 360. Here's to retaining length in 2012!

jcdlox

@jcdlox It's good you figured out that it was the Clairol.

Have you considered going ayurvedic? I use henna and powders to keep my hair dark and the greys covered up. Also, my hair has thickened up to its former glory and become stronger.

It's just something to consider to restore your hair to its full, healthy self.

Good luck on your 2012 HHJ, too!

Pompous Blue,
I haven't really thought about any other way to color my hair, I don't have that much gray to cover really. I had heard that henna can also dry out hair. I haven't really looked into it much, maybe I'll start some searches.

thanks