Figured out No Comb...& going to bed Decent

Radianthealth

I think I have finally figured out how to go a couple days without combing!!!

Here are my steps
1. Wash and Deep condition hair
2. Apply S-Curl to new growth (I am 10 weeks post)
3. Massage scalp with Essential Oil mix
4. Seal ends with Jojoba Oil & or Shea Butter
5. Apply ORS Serum to hairline
6. Apply S-Curl texturizer styling jel to hairline.
7. Neatly comb hair back into a low ponytail.
8. Baggy hair in the ponytail
9. Tie a Satin Scarf around your head and go to bed.

The next day your new growth should lay down and look moisturized and slightly wavy:)

10. In the morning squeeze about a quarter size amount of moisturizer into your palm and smooth over the hair. Make sure you moisturize the hairline and nape very well.

11. I again apply ORS hair serum to the hairline.

12. I am wearing a hair fall so I place the hair fall over my baggied ponytail and cover the point where the fall and my hair meet with a Chiffon headband (See Yahoo Photos).

13. When I come home at night. I remove the fall, headband, and baggy and smooth moisturizer over the entire length of my hair making sure that it seeps down to the roots but also making sure that I do not disrupt the direction of the ponytail.

13. I re-ponytail and baggy my hair and apply my satin scarf...No COMBING.

Wearing a fall will really help me to avoid combing my hair. Now I will only comb 2-3 times per week when I wash & condition.

Radianthealth

This post is kind of two fold. I am a newly wed and I want to look decent when I go to bed. Up until recently I have been unable to find a way to tie my scarfs without looking like Aunt Jemima:lachen: :lachen:

I looked high and low and found a really large satin head scarf that when tied around my head resembles a hijab...which to me is much more feminine and appealing.

Here is a picture

Usually I tie a smaller satin scarf more tightly below the larger scarf to ensure that both stay on throughout the night.

I hope this is helpful:)

natasha

Cool!
This is really helpful! I am going to texlax and I am looking for any information that will allow for the least manipulation of my hair!

Thanks! I love the protective styles you wear; your accessories are lovely!
Where do you get them and how did you style your hair that way?
TIA

Radianthealth

I get the accessories from Claires, Target, and the Beauty Supply Store.

Which style do you want directions for?

MzOptimistic

trimbride said:
This post is kind of two fold. I am a newly wed and I want to look decent when I go to bed. Up until recently I have been unable to find a way to tie my scarfs without looking like Aunt Jemima:lachen: :lachen:

I looked high and low and found a really large satin head scarf that when tied around my head resembles a hijab...which to me is much more feminine and appealing.

Here is a picture

Usually I tie a smaller satin scarf more tightly below the larger scarf to ensure that both stay on throughout the night.

I hope this is helpful:)

I feel ya, this is the kind of scarf that I use...I wear it on my head like the lady in the picture (green scarf) or sometimes I tie it to the side so the long part can hang...hey it's looks kinda cute like that... when I'm trying to be sexy...and I do the same thing to my hair that you do before going to bed, minus the serum...but my ng does lay down and my hair does look wavy and well moisturized:)

BrooklynSouth

Your hair, accessories and styles are lovely. The PhonyPonie wearers influenced the purchase today of a bun with the little braid around it and a JANET human hair deep wavy ponytail, $30 bucks total at the BSS. No clip but a drawstring; have to learn how to baggy well and protect my own hair when wearing that string. The wavy will do on those days after HAWAIIAN SILKY applied nights to match the waves. Thanks for the attractive ideas!

Radianthealth

No problem, I am not the only one who had success, it seems that if you pay close attention to your hairline it will improve no matter what. Moisturize and treat it like Silk:D