Finally, my hair album!!!

Cat_Eyed_Cutie

Here it is...took me long enough to go pick up my pics, but I've posted them. I have a digital camera now, so I'll take some new pics this weekend after I shampoo and post them Sunday night.
grin.gif
Enjoy!

http://public.fotki.com/CatEyedCutie/

wow...you had A LOT of hair....I love the thickness!

Awww thanks ladies. It's funny you should say my hair is thick because it thinned tremendously after my pregnancy. I can't wait for it to get back to normal.
grin.gif

your looked so thick and healthy... just keep taking good care of it and hang out w/us here and it will come back in no time. Your little girl is a real cutie....
smile.gif

Your hair is really pretty and looks very healthy. Those pictures remind me of my hair when it was longer. I just had my stylist cut a lot of it off. I am in the process of starting an album also. Thought it would be fun to track my progress.

Thanks...I had my hair cut in September, a ton of it...about 12". So I'm growing it back and thought a album would be a great way to track my progress. I want to grow it to my waist...not sure why, I'm positive I'll just cut it again, lol. Supergirl I'm coming after you! Who am I kidding, your hair will be to your toes before I get to my goal. Anyhow, thanks for all the positive feedback ladies.

Your hair still looks thick now and it's so healthy and shiny...very nice pics of you and your daughter.

I just added a picture of the back of my hair, if you want to check it out. My hair went from chin lenght to brastrap in a year and 7 months. But then my old stylist over processed it and it came out in clumps...so I started over and grew it back in about the same time sans braids...then I got sick of it and cut it...again. Now I'm growing it, AGAIN, lol. I think the fun for me is growing my hair, not having it long...cause once I reach my goal, I enjoy it for about 6 months, get sick of it, then chop it off. I guess my goal this time around is my waist. I hope to be there in 1.5-2 years.

As far as my regime goes, here it is:

My regime:

1. Wash, deep condition, blowdry and flat iron once a week. Do conditioner washes every other day once I start working out again. I plan to clairify every third week of the month, and use protein every 4th week. I'm planning to use the same shampoo for 2-3 months apart from the weeks where I clairify and reconstruct.

2. Scalp massages every other night for 5-15 minutes

3. Tie hair down nightly with a satin scarf

4. Wear a protective style at least 4 days a week

5. Get relaxers every 6 weeks and take monthly pics to track progress.

Here is a list of my products:

Clairol Daily Renewal Rehydrate Formula Shampoo & Conditioner

Clairol Daliy Renewal Refresh Formula Shampoo (clarifying)

Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut Shampoo & Conditioner

Biosilk Silk Therapy Shampoo & Conditioner

Inner Science Extra Moisture Care Shampoo, Conditioner & Straightening Mist

Pantene Relaxed & Natural Shampoo & Conditioner

Aphogee Shampoo for Damaged Hair, Aphogee Intensive 2 Minute Creatine Reconstructer (protein tratment)

Silk Therapy & Fantasia IC Hair Polisher (blowdrying & styling agents)

Vitamins I plan to take daily (starting Monday)

Fish Oil 1000mg x 2

Calcium Carbonate with Vitamin D x 2

Puritans Pride Amino 1500 x 3

Puritans Pride Mega Vitamins for the Hair x 3

Purtians Pride Silica Complex x 2

I forgot to mention that I did a hot oil treatment with olive oil on Saturday and my hair came out super soft and blindingly shiny. I love it!
laugh.gif

i have to ask how you blowdry and flatiron? I really want to learn to do this myself and get salon results like you do. do you blowdry with a brush on damp or wet hair? do you flatiron on high or medium heat? I need the scoop- gimme details please! I wanna know!!
thanks

lol...ok here it is. I put a lil Fantasia IC hair polisher thru the lenghth of my hair, paying special attention to my ends. I blowdry my damp hair with a comb attachment. Anyone who wants sleek shiny hair should invest in a Ion dryer. I bought mine form Target for 19.99, it's a Revlon model number RV484. It lives up to all the hype. Then if needed I add a little more hair polisher, or silk therapy. Then I flat iron with my Ceramic Chi Turbo set on medium heat, which is about 270F...yes this is high, but I only use heat on my hair once a week. I bump my ends under for body, so I don't have to curl once I'm finished with the flat iron. When flat ironing, I pile my hair on top of my head and take it down in small 1/8 of an inch sections, comb my hair with the tailcomb to make sure the tangles are out, run the iron thru, and move onto the next section. This takes about 20-40 minutes depending on how badly my daughter is behaving, lol...Hope that helps. My 3 must haves for salon results:
1. IC hair polisher or Silk Therapy
2. Revlon Ion hair Dryer
3. Chi Turbo 2" Ceramic Flat Iron

Happy straightening!
wink.gif

Back