Fine hair ladies who wear their hair straight

mzsophisticated26

I want to know how do you maintain the body when wrapping your hair at night? My hair (especially the ends) become stick straight when I traditional wrap my hair at night and comb down in the morning. I have fine and low density hair. I rollerset and then dry wrap it to try and get body but it does not last overnight. The main problem is the ends don't have that little slight bumped under look that I like.

I have tried:
cross wrapping but my ends looks a mess in the morning
pin curling, my hair does not look sleek and my hair ends up curl upwards instead of under.

Any suggestions? I really would like to wear my hair down more than 2 days a month. It always look nice before I wrap at night.

Honey Bee

I'm curious about this too. My rollersets look so cute when I take the rollers out, but I do my hair at night, so... I'm the only one that gets to see how cute it is. By the next day, I'm looking like I just flat-ironed it. :nono:

My big plan to avoid ssk's is to straighten, but if I can't get it right...

subbing

me-T

i wanna know too. w/ pincurls and cross wraps i get dents from the pins used to hold 'em down. they'd be cute otherwise.
regular wrapping? more error than trial, and as you say, it comes out straight.

jcdlox

I have this problem too, and I'll admit that sometimes I give in and bump my ends with a low heat curling iron (a few seconds only and using moisturizing protectant). A better way is to use Caruso rollers to bump the ends. If I keep my hair moisturized and use a light oil or serum the ends will just fall into place and bump naturally if that makes sense. Today I resisted and just put on some moisturizer and CHI Silk Infusion and it worked.

chelleypie810

I super bump the ends so that it keeps falling and falling over the course of the week. Been doin it since high school and it hasn't failed me yet.

manter26

I pin curl my hair at night in tight sections held with 2 Bobby pins. If I gets dents there's too much product on my hair. If I must wrap, out of laziness of whatever, I pincurl when I wake up with metal clips and leave them in until I leave the house. That's the best way I've found to keep whatever volume I do have.

ETA: my trick for neat pincurls is to basically take the curl you have from a rollerset and smash it to the side and pin. If you don't have any curl, use a curling iron, curl a section, smash and pin. (by smash I mean think of the curl as an acordian and flaten it to one side so it rests on your head.) If it's pincurled every night, you only have to use heat once to get the initial curl.

Last edited:

charmtreese

When I wear my hair straight the only way I can wrap it so it has some life, is to cross wrap it. I secure each half down with open v hair pins (as many as it takes), I choose the open V hair pins because they will not leave dents in my hair. I tie it down with a velcro closure wrap.

me-T

I pin curl my hair at night in tight sections held with 2 Bobby pins. If I gets dents there's too much product on my hair. If I must wrap, out of laziness of whatever, I pincurl when I wake up with metal clips and leave them in until I leave the house. That's the best way I've found to keep whatever volume I do have.

ETA: my trick for neat pincurls is to basically take the curl you have from a rollerset and smash it to the side and pin. If you don't have any curl, use a curling iron, curl a section, smash and pin. (by smash I mean think of the curl as an acordian and flaten it to one side so it rests on your head.) If it's pincurled every night, you only have to use heat once to get the initial curl.

hmm.... i think you have a point. i get to moisturizing and sealing every piece of hair.

mzsophisticated26

thanks so much ladies, I was thinking about purchasing some caruso's to use in the morning but I did not know if heat from those were too much to use on a daily basis. I am glad to see I am not the only one with this issue

Chellypie- I usually super bump the ends also but by day 2 it's straight.

me-T

^i'd be worried about getting moisture overload from the everyday steam, but you're right about the heat too

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I just put my hair in a high bun on top of my head or I'll put it in one or two big pin curls. This gives it big loose waves.

TyHill21

Thanks OP-I have this issue which makes me a chronic heat user..... It has to be a better way:ohwell:

gn1g

I want to know how do you maintain the body when wrapping your hair at night? My hair (especially the ends) become stick straight when I traditional wrap my hair at night and comb down in the morning. I have fine and low density hair. I rollerset and then dry wrap it to try and get body but it does not last overnight. The main problem is the ends don't have that little slight bumped under look that I like.

I have tried:
cross wrapping but my ends looks a mess in the morning
pin curling, my hair does not look sleek and my hair ends up curl upwards instead of under.

Any suggestions? I really would like to wear my hair down more than 2 days a month. It always look nice before I wrap at night.

I don't wrap it, I pull my hair up using only my fingers to the middle of my head and put it in a loose pnytail with the ends tucked under. HTH

Nyssa28

After I rollerset, the first night I use satin rollers to roll all of my hair (to maintain body). After the first night, I put 5 rollers in the top and crosswrap the rest. This is what maintains the body and fullness of my hair.

Aireen

Well I know some people put their hair on top of their head into a higher ponytail then take it and wrap it around 1 or 2 velcro rollers, you can also use other rollers as an alternative.

ElegantPearl17

When I wear my hair straight the only way I can wrap it so it has some life, is to cross wrap it. I secure each half down with open v hair pins (as many as it takes), I choose the open V hair pins because they will not leave dents in my hair. I tie it down with a velcro closure wrap.

Where can I purchase these hair pins?:grin:

so so chic

If I want body and a nice bump, I will just gather my hair in the back and use one large flexi rod. It works great for me!