First Kinky Twist Attempt. . .come and see

Belle Du Jour

kinky twists

I know y'all tell a sista the truth! For a first attempt, I think they look decent. I took 'em out, though, because I get easily annoyed by fake hair. . .

Anyhoo, I will start again tonite. I used the BBB/Braid lady video to help me do them. I did half my hair in about 4 hours. This time, I'll take my time, and try to get it neater.

It looks good. :up:

You and LondonDiva have me wanting to do these twists on my head over the weekend. I've already got the hair and the Braids by Breslin dvd so I don't know what I'm waiting for.

balisi

They look really good! I ordered the BBB dvd today and will be doing my own kinky twists soon. What kind of hair did you use?

Belle Du Jour

balisi said:
They look really good! I ordered the BBB dvd today and will be doing my own kinky twists soon. What kind of hair did you use?

Thank ya! I used Marley Hip Hop Braid hair. It's very soft (it's a blend of Kanekalon and Toyakalon) and not rough like the traditional Marley hair.

BLESSED1

That's nice....you're quicker than me, takes me 2 days to braid my hair, or does doing twists take less time than braiding?

Belle Du Jour

BLESSED1 said:
That's nice....you're quicker than me, takes me 2 days to braid my hair, or does doing twists take less time than braiding?

I never braided before, so I don't know how long it would take me. . .but in general, I do 2 strand twists on my own head in 1-2 hours, so maybe I'm fast. Wasn't terribly neat, either. :look:

LondonDiva

You go girl!!! :yay: It's looking real good so far. Show us the finished product when you start over and complete it all.

Belle Du Jour

vikkisecret said:
So pretty girlie! Hey I wanna learn how to do this using the videos!? LoL where can I find these videos at??

Aww, y'all making me blush! Do a Yahoo search for Braids By Breslin. That will get you to the site. :up:

Ashee

classimami713 said:
kinky twists

I know y'all tell a sista the truth! For a first attempt, I think they look decent. I took 'em out, though, because I get easily annoyed by fake hair. . .

Anyhoo, I will start again tonite. I used the BBB/Braid lady video to help me do them. I did half my hair in about 4 hours. This time, I'll take my time, and try to get it neater.
Great job!!!!!! :thumbsup:

IrisDaVirus

You did pretty good! Keep up the good work and don't give up. You might inspire me to start practicing on my own hair again. :lol: