First lather shampoo, then regular shampoo?.

Honi

There is no board.
Last night I got to thinking
. When I was in high school I used to use a different shampoo that was more cleansing first and then use my regular shampoo which was CON. This weekend I used AO J.A.Y. (not that it’s a clarifying shampoo but is more cleansing). I used this one time, followed by CON and then deep conditioned with Elucence MB and Giovanni direct leave in. My rollerset came out so soft and silky post 25 weeks touch up
. Usually I have to fight
those tangles but this time it was not so bad. For those of you that clarify every week do you do this? Do you clarify then use a regular shampoo or just clarify and deep condition or what? If so, how many clarifying lathers do you do? I’m thinking that this worked well for me because I got rid of some build up from the week instead of waiting once a month or when I felt it was necc to clarify. Or it could be that I just had a really good condition day.

CrownnGlori

I just had to comment on the 25 weeks post relaxer

Ok. I don't clarify to often, I use one of my more stipping shampoos and I get the same effect. When I do I use a more moisterising poo too build it back up to an acceptable feel.

Spagirl

I don't normally clarify weekly but I do at times follow it up with another shampoo. Other times I just go straight to my treatment or conditioner.

I came across a hair tip the other day that said something about getting a deep conditioning effect (using reg conditioner?) just by clarifying first. I'll see if I can find it and when I get a chance I'll post it in it's entirety tomorrow on "Hair Tips" .

caralexis2005

i do this once a week. i use so much leave in and moisturizer i just know my hair needs to be "decoated" so it can accept the conditioner. i know it helps my conditioners work better. also, the con shampoo works better. i use the cleaning shamp. 1x and the con 1x.

Honi

There is no board.
Thanks for your reply ladies. I think I may try this for awhile and see what happens. However, I won't do this if I do a preshampoo treatment with coconut milk and olive oil.

Spicee1t

Hey Honi,

What's your hair type? Are you experiencing any shedding since it's been 25 weeks post relaxer? That's amazing!

Anyway, to answer your question, I was just telling my hair buddy yesterday how good my hair felt when I washed it with a clarifying then followed with the Elucence MB shampoo then deep conditioned. I was telling her how I thought that clarifying the hair is definitely essential. I only lathered once with the clarifying shampoo then once with the Elucence. My hair has felt soft before after washing and deep conditioning but has never felt the way it did after clarifying then using a regular shampoo.

P.S.
Your baby is so cute! How old is she in that pic. Didn't we have our babies around the same time?

Honi

There is no board.
Hey Spice!

I’m type 4a/4b. I didn’t experience any shedding until after I had the baby. LOL It was awful. My edges got really thin and sparse. It came back with the Surge though. Filled in really nice. I saved the hair to take a picture but I can’t until my mother gives me back my darn camera!

As for the 25 weeks post, no breakage because the only time I comb it is when I’m in the shower. The shower helps ease tangles when rinsing out the shampoo and conditioner and it keeps my hair in one direction. I rinse in two parts. I don’t touch it again until the next wash. Air dried hair is not meant to be combed this far in the game. Rollersetting is better for me to handle it hence to me it's all about the conditioner/leave in. I also just did an Aphogee treatment which keeps it strong. That bone comb that Hairlove was talking about in another post has helped tremendously!

What you just said has worked for me in the past and I can’t remember why I stopped. I think your right though. 1st lather clarifying helps products work a little better. I slept with the Elucence on that weekend (I fell asleep
) and my hair was very soft the next day.

My stinka is 3 months in that picture. She’s 6 months now. Yes…I do believe we had our love bugs around the same time.

Honi

There is no board.
Hey Spice!

I’m type 4a/4b. I didn’t experience any shedding until after I had the baby. LOL It was awful. My edges got really thin and sparse. It came back with the Surge though. Filled in really nice. I saved the hair to take a picture but I can’t until my mother gives me back my darn camera!

As for the 25 weeks post, no breakage because the only time I comb it is when I’m in the shower. The shower helps ease tangles when rinsing out the shampoo and conditioner and it keeps my hair in one direction. I rinse in two parts. I don’t touch it again until the next wash. Air dried hair is not meant to be combed this far in the game. Rollersetting is better for me to handle it hence to me it's all about the conditioner/leave in. I also just did an Aphogee treatment which keeps it strong. That bone comb that Hairlove was talking about in another post has helped tremendously!

What you just said has worked for me in the past and I can’t remember why I stopped. I think your right though. 1st lather clarifying helps products work a little better. I slept with the Elucence on that weekend (I fell asleep
) and my hair was very soft the next day.

My stinka is 3 months in that picture. She’s 6 months now. Yes…I do believe we had our love bugs around the same time.

Supervixen

Bump!

Last night I clarified 2x and then used another poo 2x and my scalp feels amazing. I'm wondering how many times do most lather? By my 3rd lather, I only needed a dime sized amount.

msa

Bump!

Last night I clarified 2x and then used another poo 2x and my scalp feels amazing. I'm wondering how many times do most lather? By my 3rd lather, I only needed a dime sized amount.

Did you have a lot of product buildup or was your scalp really dirty?

I don't use shampoo but I do use baking soda to wash my hair. But when I used shampoo there was no way I could lather more than once because it just dried out my hair and made it tangly. I've never used products that build up so I've never had a need for heavy duty shampoo or washing multiple times.