Fishtail Braid - Braid Out

B

ballet_bun

Has anyone every done a braid-out using fishtail braid? Does it look any different then using regular braids or french braids? Do you have a picture? I'd like to find directions on how to do the fishtail braid.

TIA

<font color="pink"> Ballet Bun... </font>
driver.gif

The Fishtail Braid is also called the Herringbone or Fishbone braid and my guess is that its braid-out would look just like a regular braid-out, except for perhaps smaller waves(?). Or maybe not all the hair will be wavy...since I think you use a little hair at a time.
scratchchin.gif

Here are instructions on how to do the Herringbone Braid .

umm hmm, i learned how to do this years ago, a caucasion girl in my highschool showed me, let me see if i can explain..
ok, u take the hair you want to braid, but instead of parting it into 3 pieces, u make 2..now here is the tricky part..u take a small piece from one side and bring it over to the other side, then another small piece from the other side and bring that over so on and so on until the end of your length....your never actully braiding the hair, as we know it, your just bringing pieces of hair from one side to the other...its really simple but u would probably have to see it done...does that make any sense...

Nonie ... asummertyme
- thanks. I'm not sure if it makes sense to me yet, but I'm going to give this a try a little later. Hmmmm, this should be interesting
smile.gif

Fishtail Braids are easy to make. It's difficult at first, but after practicing it gets much easier. One time I made fishtail pigtails for a white girl before. She liked them. :O)

it does take a good minute to do them though, i had some done at a salon last week. it took about 3.5 hours. (i guess because she washed it too?)

Back