Flat Iron needs repair - What to do??? $

sistawithsumthin

I have had my Solia flat iron for a few years now and honestly rarely use it. Nonetheless I believe it has a short in it.

Since I paid a nice penny for it I would like to have it repaired.

I have no clue where to start.

Where do you send your flat irons for repair or is there a flat iron graveyard?

Last edited:
I agree; it may cost you more to repair it than to replace it. I bought a FHI 207RVI from stlebell.com for about $80 and I love it (even though I only used it twice...)

Aw dag! :ohwell: I thought I could save it.

Okay then what is the longest you have had your iron? Do you use and abuse your iron and it keeps on going?

TIA any suggestions will do!

Aw dag! :ohwell: I thought I could save it.

Okay then what is the longest you have had your iron? Do you use and abuse your iron and it keeps on going?

TIA any suggestions will do!

Did you buy it from a beauty supplier? Most flat irons come with a manufacturer's warranty. Do you still have your receipt?

Shoot I thought you wanted to purchase another one. Was gonna say I'd sell you my Maxiglide. I only used it once. No complaints, just too lazy to go through it. I figure if I don't feel like being bothered with FI it and it's near BSL, what am I gonna do when it gets waist length? Oh, I know . . . sell it.

Offer stands!!! E-mail me if interested; not subscribing.

LL

Did you buy it from a beauty supplier? Most flat irons come with a manufacturer's warranty. Do you still have your receipt?

I couldnt find the receipt. I do remember that I purchased it from Folica.com and on the website I don't see that they offer a warranty.

I would say just get a new one. You don't want to risk getting hurt when some says that they "repaired it" when they did not.

Shoot I thought you wanted to purchase another one. Was gonna say I'd sell you my Maxiglide. I only used it once. No complaints, just too lazy to go through it. I figure if I don't feel like being bothered with FI it and it's near BSL, what am I gonna do when it gets waist length? Oh, I know . . . sell it.

Offer stands!!! E-mail me if interested; not subscribing.

LL

Thanks for the offer I already have a Maxiglide. I use it for the initial straightening and the Solia was for touchups and to put a little bit of curl.

I actually wouldn't mind a used FHI or CHI if anyone has one in good condition.

I couldnt find the receipt. I do remember that I purchased it from Folica.com and on the website I don't see that they offer a warranty.

The warranty would come directly from the flat iron manufactor. If you have had it longer than a year then you are stuck with it. If its been shorter than a year than they manufactor of the f.iron will send you another one. Also Folic.com should have records. If not check your credit card statements.

The warranty would come directly from the flat iron manufactor. If you have had it longer than a year then you are stuck with it. If its been shorter than a year than they manufactor of the f.iron will send you another one. Also Folic.com should have records. If not check your credit card statements.

I have had it since about a year after I came on board here. So it's well past a year. :wallbash:

Back