Flat iron with Grease???

michaela

Natural 4b
Is It okay To Flat iron with Grease and Use a Heat Protector??
I was Wondering Because alot of people get presses with no heat Protector and the Marcel Stoves are Extra Hot.
What Do you think?Anybody out there Who is pressing/Flat ironing with Grease?

Last edited:

MA2010

I wouldn't recommend grease especially if the iron is super hot.

I think just using a good heat protectant is ok.

michaela

Natural 4b
I wouldn't recommend grease especially if the iron is super hot.

I think just using a good heat protectant is ok.

Okay i have another Question My Stylist( havent Seen her in a month since its Summer) She is Very Old School When She Presses She uses Blue Magic Grease But She Also uses A heat protector. Do you think this Could Be Doing to much? Are there any Safe Hair Greases To Press with?
She Will probably look at me like im all kinds of Stupid if i told hair No Grease. A very STRONG grease Believer. :ohwell:

Irresistible

Okay i have another Question My Stylist( havent Seen her in a month since its Summer) She is Very Old School When She Presses She uses Blue Magic Grease But She Also uses A heat protector. Do you think this Could Be Doing to much? Are there any Safe Hair Greases To Press with?
She Will probably look at me like im all kinds of Stupid if i told hair No Grease. A very STRONG grease Believer. :ohwell:
natural oils are better, like coconut oil and such

Irresistible

ctosha

I have been wondering the same thing about grease and flat ironing in my case I have oyin burnt sugar and just wanted to know can the be used along with a heat protectant or is that too much? Has anyone used natural hair grease as a heat protectant?

michaela

Natural 4b
I have been wondering the same thing about grease and flat ironing in my case I have oyin burnt sugar and just wanted to know can the be used along with a heat protectant or is that too much? Has anyone used natural hair grease as a heat protectant?

I was Thinking the Same thing!!
I think it Should Be okay Because the Ingredients are All Natural Compared to The Bad Stuff in Regular Grease.I plan On Getting this Grease To Test it out.How long did it take for them to ship your order?
I see alot of Complaints on the site about Slow Shipping?
To be on the Safe side i would Use a Good heat protectant also.

ctosha

I was Thinking the Same thing!!
I think it Should Be okay Because the Ingredients are All Natural Compared to The Bad Stuff in Regular Grease.I plan On Getting this Grease To Test it out.How long did it take for them to ship your order?
I see alot of Complaints on the site about Slow Shipping?
To be on the Safe side i would Use a Good heat protectant also.
For the order to be processed is 2 weeks then it gets shipped out but for some reason it is taking a little longer for now so I have to constantly harass them via email about my order status but that wasn't always the case so don't let that discourage you I have just ordered the honey hemp condish and juices and berries spray to see how it goes.

gymfreak336

You shouldn't use oils to press your hair. Oil when heated to high heat will cook your hair strands, causing little bubbles to form inside of it that burst your hair strands open. Think about when you fry chicken in oil. That is why heat protecting agents are usually silicones, they have a higher temperature threshold.

Not to mention, using oils and grease to press your hair can cause hair loss.....Its called Centrifugal Alopecia

Last edited:

Lucky's Mom

Yeah im Not Really a Grease Lover But hey i cant Change this Lady.
I think i like this One Better I Will Give it a Try and if she likes it i will Supply it for her to be nice:look:

OK - you cannot change her - So what about you changing Stylists????

Grease and heat = fried chicken or fried hair.....

PureSilver

I wanna know from the experts, what heat protectant are you ladies using when flat ironing or pressing. I have 3'' of ng and i'm not quite ready to relax my hair (i don't trust NO stylist in my hair) and i'm desperately seeking an alternative to relaxing at this point.

Also i wanna know if i can use henna to strengthen my hair as opposed to doing a protein treatment. I'm running low on cash plz help!!!

Lucky's Mom

I wanna know from the experts, what heat protectant are you ladies using when flat ironing or pressing. I have 3'' of ng and i'm not quite ready to relax my hair (i don't trust NO stylist in my hair) and i'm desperately seeking an alternative to relaxing at this point.

Also i wanna know if i can use henna to strengthen my hair as opposed to doing a protein treatment. I'm running low on cash plz help!!!

To answer both your questions......

1. Sabino moisture block is an excellent heat protectant......

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=227115

here is the thread..........

Henna ??? is an excellent Protein/ protective treatment.

www.hennaforhair.com for more info............

chebaby

:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:
you see those girls with the stiff, sticky looking wraps that dont move. thats how you will look.

ImFree27

i think im going to use a heat protetacant and grease to strighten my hair, it gives a nice silky feeling and it lasts longer, I think just about everyone got their hair pressed when they were younger with grease and had very long hair