Flaxseed/borage/fish oil made me lose weight

Maxitonia

I just posted a thread about this combination of oils supplement and was questioning if it does help in weight loss and most of the replies I got was no but after taking it for 4 days now I weighed myslef and I lost 3 pounds without anything changing in my diet, I don't even exercise. I decided to stop taking this supplement for that reason because I'm trying to gain weight and believe me it's not easy to gain weight so losing what I worked hard for is a set back for me. I just loved the skin glow this supplement gives you.

ChocoKitty

I've lost weight taking Flaxseed oil in combination with adding ground flaxseed to my meals.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Experience-Flax-Seed-Weight-Loss&id=99534

Fatty acids found in flax seed aid weight loss
Flax seed weight loss is a new concept to most people. One that still puzzles them even after it is explained. Flax seed weight loss actually occurs because of the presence of two fatty acids contained in flax seed’s oil known as Linolenic (Omega 3) and Linoleic (Omega 6). The fact that two sources of fat can help with weight loss often confuses people. But when combined, these two fatty acids work together to become prostaglandins, which in turn, play a big role in calorie burning throughout the body. Not limited to weight loss benefits, prostaglandins also help control cholesterol, body temperature, the immune system, brain functions, and the cardiovascular system.

Neith

I just posted a thread about this combination of oils supplement and was questioning if it does help in weight loss and most of the replies I got was no but after taking it for 4 days now I weighed myslef and I lost 3 pounds without anything changing in my diet, I don't even exercise. I decided to stop taking this supplement for that reason because I'm trying to gain weight and believe me it's not easy to gain weight so losing what I worked hard for is a set back for me. I just loved the skin glow this supplement gives you.

You got results in your skin in 4 days? Most people say that you have to take supplements for a few weeks to see results.

*Goes to take EFA pills*

Maxitonia

It's agreat supplement for skin and overall health if you don't mind losing any weight then you can definitely try it and it doesn't take long to show results. It does make you regular with your bowel movment though.

mrs.shakira

You are absolutely right, because I was trying to figure out why my stomach was hurting so badly. I too started losing weight and my skin started glowing within 2 weeks. I can't really see a difference in my hair yet.

infojunkie

Uh, how are you guys taking flaxseed oil? Tablets, capsules, powder, ground up seeds, oil - what? I need to accidentally lose some weight too.

ChocoKitty

I added the oil and ground seed to most if not all my meals.

I added the oil to my shakes and instant oatmeal. I sprinkled the ground seeds on my cooked pasta, vegetables. I added it to my yogurt and pancake batter.

I read somewhere that eating both forms is better for you.

glam-

Now I'm mad I put a jar of Flaxseed/Borage/Fish Oil in my basket yesterday, but put it back. I need all the help I can get :blush:

mrs.shakira

I didn't take the capsules. I took the flaxseed liquid form. I think I got it from Puritan Pride or either Amazon. I take it with cranberrry juice, and yes it works better than the capsules, HTH

P

Paradox

I think I gained weight from fish oil, I'm too scared to take it again

EMJazzy

Happily retired
I only take one gelcap per day....how many do I need to take to lose weight?

And to keep this subject about hair, flaxseed gelcaps made my hair shiny. :yep:

EOAA

I also purchased the Rexall brand from Walmart....and I also lost weight taking them however i finished the whole bottle(X3 a day)....I couldnt figure out why I was losing weight, ( exspecially my butt) and just like you OP im trying to gain a few pounds...I even purchased the flaxseed cookies that Walmart sells ( but those are a keeper, there yummy)

Brees_hair

I have been taking fish oil pills for about a month now..one thing I have noticed is that I lost 4lbs. my daily weight fluctuates, but my morning weight is about 4lbs less than it was during the summer and has been consistent over the past few weeks.

I als have noticed that my new growth isn't as "coarse" as it normally is, which may be the fish oil.

But here is the kicker..one of my male students paid me a compliment today. He said, "Ms. ****** your hair looks so shiny, do you have gel in your hair?" lol, I said I don't use gel, but I did visit the salon yesterday. He said, "No, its not that, you go to the salon every week..your hair looks different, it is extra shiny than usual." Lol
These kids read me like a book...can't get anything over on them and boy can they call me out.