Flaxseed/borage/fish oil made me lose weight

I lost one more lb today although I started not to take since yesterday but I still feel it in my system because it gives you frequent visits to the bathroom. We'll see what happens by the end of the week.

I just posted a thread about this combination of oils supplement and was questioning if it does help in weight loss and most of the replies I got was no but after taking it for 4 days now I weighed myslef and I lost 3 pounds without anything changing in my diet, I don't even exercise. I decided to stop taking this supplement for that reason because I'm trying to gain weight and believe me it's not easy to gain weight so losing what I worked hard for is a set back for me. I just loved the skin glow this supplement gives you.

What is borage supposed to be good for and what is it?

I noticed that I was losing weight and I didn't know why. I'm 6'0" and 160 lbs (I was 170 before I started taking it) I stopped taking the Flax/Fish/Borage capsules because of this. I have to admit, it did wonders for my skin.:yep:

I'm wondering if it is this oil combination of fish/flax/borage that causes the weight loss, could it be different if I take any of these oils separatly like just taking fish oil or flaxseed oil. I have a big bottle of fish oil and flaxseed oil in my cabinet. I love the glow those oils gives ur skin.

I'm wondering if it is this oil combination of fish/flax/borage that causes the weight loss, could it be different if I take any of these oils separatly like just taking fish oil or flaxseed oil. I have a big bottle of fish oil and flaxseed oil in my cabinet. I love the glow those oils gives ur skin.

Good question. I don't think I lost weight when I took Flaxseed oil but I noticed the difference when I took the combo.:ohwell:

For me I only took it once a day, but if you really wanna lose some weight then I would suggest taking it 3 times a day to get the full benefits and that's the recomended dosage on the bottle. HTH

I've been taking the Flaxseed oil, but not in combination with the borage or fish oils, I don't even own those two. I haven't lost weight at all and thank God for that. I've actually gained weight, but that's maybe because I've been drinking high protein Boost shakes because I've been trying to gain weight and the protein benefits are even better. I took them 3 times a day; breakfast, lunch and dinner.

As for my hair, I've noticed a lot of growth even though I'm in kinkies. I need to get my fronts redone already and that may be attributed to the high-protein diet I've been on these last two months.

The Flaxseed though, is great for the skin I'll admit, but I don't think everyone loses weight, and if you're concerned, I'd suggest maybe supplementing your diet.

I've been taking the Flaxseed oil, but not in combination with the borage or fish oils, I don't even own those two. I haven't lost weight at all and thank God for that. I've actually gained weight, but that's maybe because I've been drinking high protein Boost shakes because I've been trying to gain weight and the protein benefits are even better. I took them 3 times a day; breakfast, lunch and dinner.

As for my hair, I've noticed a lot of growth even though I'm in kinkies. I need to get my fronts redone already and that may be attributed to the high-protein diet I've been on these last two months.

The Flaxseed though, is great for the skin I'll admit, but I don't think everyone loses weight, and if you're concerned, I'd suggest maybe supplementing your diet.

are you taing the capsules, oil or flakes?

I noticed that I was losing weight and I didn't know why. I'm 6'0" and 160 lbs (I was 170 before I started taking it) I stopped taking the Flax/Fish/Borage capsules because of this. I have to admit, it did wonders for my skin.:yep:

See ya'll are gonna end up turning me into a supplement junkie. I've started adding the ground flax seeds to my grits and yogurt but the only thing I've noticed is a cleaner colin (to put it nicely).

I want the weight to fall off of me too. :perplexed

***I guess it's back to the vitamin shoppe***

See ya'll are gonna end up turning me into a supplement junkie. I've started adding the ground flax seeds to my grits and yogurt but the only thing I've noticed is a cleaner colin (to put it nicely).

I want the weight to fall off of me too. :perplexed

***I guess it's back to the vitamin shoppe***

Better digestion and a cleaner colon leads to a smaller belly! :yep:

After Thanksgiving :rolleyes:, I'm going to start using Flaxseed again. It so simple to do... I don't know why I ever stopped. :wallbash:

ok so im slow, so please dont make fun of me, but is there 1 supplement that has the flax/borage/fish oil or are you all taking 3 supplements at the same time? i ask because i have alot of trouble swallowing pills/capsules/tablets and so i've been trying to find the liquid version of all my supplements.

Okay I used this for all of four days and stopped, I had to give it a rest. I had the runs so bad and at work with no warning, none whatsoever, so I take one pill a day and thats its I will give it a week before i start into two and so on. But no I did not lose anyweight at all. Not even an ounce.

ok so im slow, so please dont make fun of me, but is there 1 supplement that has the flax/borage/fish oil or are you all taking 3 supplements at the same time? i ask because i have alot of trouble swallowing pills/capsules/tablets and so i've been trying to find the liquid version of all my supplements.

I'm also trying to find all 3 in 1. I also have trouble swallowing pills so I need liquid, too.

Better digestion and a cleaner colon leads to a smaller belly! :yep:

After Thanksgiving :rolleyes:, I'm going to start using Flaxseed again. It so simple to do... I don't know why I ever stopped. :wallbash:

Well, I'm all for a smaller belly so I'm hanging in there.

But foolin' with you women, I got all excited and bought the fish, flax seed and borage oil capsules last night. Took my first one this morning...:ohwell: Mind you all I had was a bowl of grits to eat...

I'm with Trudy. None of ya'll told me my stomach was gonna rise up and revolt like some old negro slaves that done had it with Massa and nem! I went not once but TWICE! The second time I thought I had to pee. I didn't know whether I was peeing from the "front", "back" or both! :blush: I've never wished so badly we had showers at work. If so I would have gotten butt nakid rat then and there!

I don't think I'll be doing 2 for a while but if nothing else I'll be my colon is clean as a whistle. Those eruptions were so fierce, I just ate a bag of popcorn, some peanut butter crackers and yogurt for lunch.

Too scurred to eat real food!

MissRissa this is a one pill supplement you take, one pill has a combo oils of fish, flax and borage. You can find it at walmart Rexell brand, I bought it for $8. HTH

Okay I used this for all of four days and stopped, I had to give it a rest. I had the runs so bad and at work with no warning, none whatsoever, so I take one pill a day and thats its I will give it a week before i start into two and so on. But no I did not lose anyweight at all. Not even an ounce.

I wish I did not lose any weight with this supplement because it is really a very good oil combo and the benefits is great for body as well as hair. And again each one is body is different.

Wow, this thread made me laugh out loud.

I've used flax for awhile. Never noticed any weightloss, though. I like the way ground flaxseeds taste and keep me full all morning. (I make muffins with it.) I've also taken it as a supplement.

okay I am back how do take this three times a day?

I would follow the directions on the bottle.

I take these huge horse pills, I'm doing it for beauty, I hate pills. The ones I have are Spring Valley from wal-mart. They are gel capsules so they feel better going down.

BTW I haven't noticed any unsual digestion/poo problems nor this weight loss. I've been taking these for two weeks now.

Well, I'm all for a smaller belly so I'm hanging in there.

But foolin' with you women, I got all excited and bought the fish, flax seed and borage oil capsules last night. Took my first one this morning...:ohwell: Mind you all I had was a bowl of grits to eat...

I'm with Trudy. None of ya'll told me my stomach was gonna rise up and revolt like some old negro slaves that done had it with Massa and nem! I went not once but TWICE! The second time I thought I had to pee. I didn't know whether I was peeing from the "front", "back" or both! :blush: I've never wished so badly we had showers at work. If so I would have gotten butt nakid rat then and there!

I don't think I'll be doing 2 for a while but if nothing else I'll be my colon is clean as a whistle. Those eruptions were so fierce, I just ate a bag of popcorn, some peanut butter crackers and yogurt for lunch.

Too scurred to eat real food!

Lol!!!:lachen:Your post was hilarious!

Back