Focusing on a Date....

crazydaze911

ok - so i am REALLY corny and did my own excel sheet to figure out when i should be WSL - lmao. I used my last length pic, put it next to the length pic of the lady with the red hair, and counted the inches.

Then i assumed i would get at least 1/3 inch per month (in between 1/2 and 1/4 - typical average for humans). According to my calculations, i have a year and a month to go without trimming to get to WSL. But i suppose it will take longer to get to FULL WSL b/c i currently have a V of relaxed ends, but thats besides the point - lol.

Im trying to keep focused on this date. i know a year seems like a long time, but if i believe i will have it when i wake up that morning, then it will be worth the wait - this helps me stay positive.

I recommend this to anyone. i think focusing on a date and then just NOT WORRYING or thinking about your hair till you wake up that morning can help with some of the impatience and anxiety some of us have. You CANT think its not growing or cry or pout until you wake up THAT day and do a length check. Even if you feel you are not 'on track' and only saw an inch at ur last touch up - IT DOESNT COUNT. Only what ur hair looks like THAT MORNING should count. I would start with ur long term goal, so that you know you have time and wont stress about 'making it in 09' and you are more likely to be pleasantly surprised along the way b/c you have this advanced date.

Just a thought. if you would like to participate, put your date in this thread. My date is March 23, 2010 to be WSL.

Thanks.

msa

My official date I'm going for is 2/12/2011 for full WL. I've counted the inches and it's more than possible. It'll be a great birthday present.

Whimsy

I think that would make me more anxious.
I'm on an 'I'll get there when I get there' policy.
:)

Queen V

I agree; I have a hard time with deadline challenges, because it just makes me obsess. I'm just continuing to persevere with my regimen, and since it seems to be working so far, I won't worry about when I reach specific length goals.

crazydaze911

I agree; I have a hard time with deadline challenges, because it just makes me obsess. I'm just continuing to persevere with my regimen, and since it seems to be working so far, I won't worry about when I reach specific length goals.

Thats why i made the date soooo far away rather than an 09 goal. instead of always saying 'when is it gonna happen?', i say 'its happening that day', but i understand -thanks for the input

any other takers?

GoldenBreeze

This is me also. I just can't stress myself out with a date. The way I look at it is that I have to care for my hair in order to get to the length I want, and in order to keep it there. So for me, my hair length is just a product of my hair care over time. I do join length challenges, but I don't stress over them. Either I make the milestone by the end of the challenge, or I don't. I am okay either way, and if I don't make it I just join the same one the following year.

Last edited:

LunadeMiel

Thats why i made the date soooo far away rather than an 09 goal. instead of always saying 'when is it gonna happen?', i say 'its happening that day', but i understand -thanks for the input

any other takers?

I think it's a good idea. I like having a date to work towards. It keeps me sane...:spinning:

Fine 4s

ok - so i am REALLY corny and did my own excel sheet to figure out when i should be WSL - lmao. I used my last length pic, put it next to the length pic of the lady with the red hair, and counted the inches.

Then i assumed i would get at least 1/3 inch per month (in between 1/2 and 1/4 - typical average for humans). According to my calculations, i have a year and a month to go without trimming to get to WSL. But i suppose it will take longer to get to FULL WSL b/c i currently have a V of relaxed ends, but thats besides the point - lol.

Im trying to keep focused on this date. i know a year seems like a long time, but if i believe i will have it when i wake up that morning, then it will be worth the wait - this helps me stay positive.

I recommend this to anyone. i think focusing on a date and then just NOT WORRYING or thinking about your hair till you wake up that morning can help with some of the impatience and anxiety some of us have. You CANT think its not growing or cry or pout until you wake up THAT day and do a length check. Even if you feel you are not 'on track' and only saw an inch at ur last touch up - IT DOESNT COUNT. Only what ur hair looks like THAT MORNING should count. I would start with ur long term goal, so that you know you have time and wont stress about 'making it in 09' and you are more likely to be pleasantly surprised along the way b/c you have this advanced date.

Just a thought. if you would like to participate, put your date in this thread. My date is March 23, 2010 to be WSL.

Thanks.

I've been focusing on dates for 2 years now. My dates keep moving further and further away as I get more and more aggressive with my goal.
But I agree it's so motivational!

crazydaze911

Im glad its working for you. as soon as i did the math and saw a date i instantly calmed down a bit - cant explain it - lol. whether i up my game with growth aids or keep it simple doesnt matter anymore - i know as long as smthg crazy doesnt happen and im normal/healthy - i will be WSL in a little over a year weather i am a fast grower or a slow grower....

melodies815

Ummmm....I will be WL August 15, 2074. :grin:

That way, I won't be disappointed. I do like this thread though. You're cute with your Spreadsheeting self.

Seriously, though...I would date it, but my growth is changing up on me all the time. Sept, 2008 it grew like a weed for 3 weeks and has been doing slow-motion since then. Maybe August 2012 is realistic. ??

Thanks for posting. I am encouraged!

HHG to us all
cj

crazydaze911

Ummmm....I will be WL August 15, 2074. :grin:

That way, I won't be disappointed. I do like this thread though. You're cute with your Spreadsheeting self.

Seriously, though...I would date it, but my growth is changing up on me all the time. Sept, 2008 it grew like a weed for 3 weeks and has been doing slow-motion since then. Maybe August 2012 is realistic. ??

Thanks for posting. I am encouraged!

HHG to us all
cj

your so funny! lol. thanks for chiming in

MissNina

Libra Girl
I'm not specific with my dates, but I know I want to be BSL by beg. of May and MBL/grazing it by September. That way I can decide if I want to just stay at BSL or keep growing for the new year.