For all SMB (Sabino Moisture) Users... Do you shampoo everytime you resuse?

Just wanted to know if you wash your hair with shampoo each time before using another application of sabino on your hair or you co-wash on this... does this method ruin your hair? I had breakage before and I don't know if this is what caused it... not shampooing the sabino out?

But right now, I'm glad my hair is back!

AtlantaJJ

This is a good question, I have some but I haven't used it yet. Since it's a silicone seams like you would have to clarify at some point or the silicone could block moisture from reaching your hair shaft. (in theory)

That being said, I haven't heard anyone complain about breakage in any of the SMB threads that I've read so far. I'm interested in hearing what other ladies have to say about this.

Exactly what I thought... it would block out moisture and suffocate the hair in the long run if you don't wash you hair with shampoo? It was either that that damaged my hair or the caramel treatment I used... which was like a perm. In the back of my head, I only have new growth hair that didn't have the caramel touch them.

Allandra

Just wanted to know if you wash your hair with shampoo each time before using another application of sabino on your hair or you co-wash on this... does this method ruin your hair? I had breakage before and I don't know if this is what caused it... not shampooing the sabino out?

But right now, I'm glad my hair is back!
I use shampoo.

SUPER SWEET

I asked Victor Sabino and he says to wash for each application. He says noting but a mild detergent completely removes the product.But I will ask if a clarifying conditioner would do the trick to remove the silicone.

TexturedTresses

its a heavy duty silicone product so i would be nervous about not shampooing. cowashing would not remove it and you would just be left with some heavy buildup.

grnidmonster

The only way to break it down would be with a good cleansing/clarifying shampoo because it is water-proof, it needs a detergent. I agree with the other ladies that if you use a conditioner only it will only added to the build up.

After I removed it, I did a deep condition also because I was afraid that the moisture lock may have left my hair underhydrated when it was locked. So just to make sure...:ohwell:

Muse

You have to shampoo it out so you are starting out with a clean, moisturized slate each time. You WILL have dryness and breakage if you try to cowash with this stuff. No need for a harsh clarifyer either, Victor said any mild cleanser will due even sulfate free poo.