For the ladies who would like a nice flat iron for a great price!!!!

ryanshope

Man! I am avid SEDU user but after the sunday DC LHCF brunch Aminata, Sunshine and I went shopping. Well, during our outing, I found a Deep Brillance Flat Iron for 39.99. Deep Brillance is made by Farouk, who makes the CHI but Deep Brillance is meant for African-American clientele. Well, I bought it because I figured it would be a good backup to the SEDU or as a gift for the holidays!

I hate the CHI(especially for $77), but for $39.99 the DB(deep brillance) Flat Iron is a keeper! Heck, I could've gotten 2 of these for the price of that CHI with change! Also, I didn't finish my hair--this is just the front because I wanted to test the DB flat iron out.

Now these pics are dramatic. This is airdried, 3months post relaxer, 4 a/b hair:

Here it is online for the same price..
http://www.dealigg.com/story-Farouk-Deep-Brilliance-Ceramic-Hairstyling-Flat-Iron-1

Attachments

• preflatiron.jpg
    preflatiron.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 68
  • postflatiron.jpg
    postflatiron.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

HoneyDew

There was a thread about these last week. The one on Amazon does not have a temp. control option. Does your model have one?

chavascandy

I'm difenatley interested in trying this flat iron. I've tried some of Deep Brillance products before and they work great.

So I'm sure their flat iron works WONDERS!

Thanks for the FIND.

ryanshope

Nope--it doesn't. Clearly Farouk feels that they have found the "optimum" temperature for straightening with their tools :rolleyes: (whatever).

However, this was $40 dollars versus $77.00,so I am going to be a harsher critic of the CHI. Also, I found out folica has the smaller Sedu on sale for $75.00 this week.