How Does the Farouk Chi Ceramic Flat Iron Compare?

Elyse

I am thinking about buying a ceramic flat iron and the Farouk Chi has come highly recommended from several sources. It is a tad bit pricey, so I was wondering if some of the brands carried at Sally's and Ulta work as well? Has anyone here used both? Those are less than half the price

Thanks

myco

Hi Elyse,

If I remember correctly, isn't the one by Farouk somewhere between $90-$200. Sally's does carry the one by Jilbere which is about the same size for around $40 I think. It is also a ceramic iron. They also carry a white one that is a different brand, but I don't remember the exact name or price. I think the plates on that one were shorter than the one by Jilbere. I really like the one by Jilbere. It has very high temperature settings that you can control, but the 10 setting works just fine. It's one of the narrow kinds which makes it really good for getting to your roots. Depending on when you go, Sally's might be having a sale.

HTH

Allandra

I love my Jilbere ceramic flat iron. I was using it once a month, but not as often now. I think it does a wonderful job.

OnlyChild

The Chi is very good. My hairstylist and all of the stylists in her salon use it. It works very well getting 4a hair straight at the roots when you haven't had a relaxer in awhile. However, it gets very hot and the temperature is not adjustable. I own one myself, but I use it sparingly because I'm on this "no heat" trip.

mirrormirror

I work at an exclusive beauty supply store, and we carry Farouk CHI ceramic iron. And from what I know, it is extremely good, all the salons buy it. The only down side of it, is that there is no heat setting. So you really have to be very careful with it cause it can burn your hair. We sell it for $100.00, its a professional product.

......You should probably just get the jilbere ceramic iron at Sallys, its cheaper, also works well, and it has heat settings.

Elyse

Thanks Everyone,

I have an Ulta gift card and coupon, so I think that I'll pick up the small Jilbere one there.

Thanks Again!!