For those who use Silk Elements Mega Silk Relaxer...

growingbrown

After rinsing out the relaxer, do you continue on with the neutralizing shampoo or do you follow with the conditioner then the neutralizing shampoo? Which method do you think is better when using this relaxer?

Thanks for you responses

Radianthealth

The last time I relaxed I left the Silk Elements regular lye relaxer on for 15 minutes. I rinsed then applied Silk Elements Hair mayonaise for 5 minutes. I rinsed then applied the neutralizing shampoo. I shampooed 2-3 times to be safe then I followed with Silk Elements Moisturizing Conditioner. I sat under the heating cap for about 45 minutes then rinsed. I then did an ACV rinse. I moisturized my hair and let it dry in a loose ponytail.

Good Luck!

Nanyanika

Well as a first time user of SE lye regular, i neutralised first with proclaim four times, followed with CON Green label. My stylist then applied the SE moisturising treatment for 20 minutes under a hooded drier. I moisturised my hair and blowdried straight.

gymfreak336

I used the motions naturals neutralizing conditioner first. I left in on for 5 mins and then rinsed and neutralized with shampoo. I then deep conditioned

Cayenne0622

As a 1st time user as well, I relaxed, neutralized with Proclaim and then proceeded with deep conditioning. I wanted to do a conditioning step prior to neutralizing but the regular relaxer was really strong for my hair and I wanted to neutralize it immediately. When I use the mild in a few weeks, I'll do a 5 min conditioner step prior to neutralizing.

LovelyLionessa

I put the relaxer on, rinse, towel dry, apply Wella Regeneral ph Normalizing lotion for 2 min. then lather, rinse repeat several times with Proclaim Neutralizing poo, let sit for 5 min, rinse and lather and rinse again. HTH

AtlantaJJ

growingbrown said:
After rinsing out the relaxer, do you continue on with the neutralizing shampoo or do you follow with the conditioner then the neutralizing shampoo? Which method do you think is better when using this relaxer?

Thanks for you responses

I rinsed the relaxer out for 10 minutes! LOL then I used Ultra Sheen Duo Tex Protein for 5 minutes, then I followed with Optimum Neutralizer Shampoo, 3 poos, then deep condish. My hair felt so good, so supple and shinny. That's the way I plan to do it from now on. I have fine hair so I feel it helps to fill the folicle and smooth cuticle after the relaxer.

Last edited:

Soul♥Flower

I rinsed the relaxer, applied shea butter, shampooed it out with protectiv mousse neutralizer, then followed with porosity and oil deep conditioner.