Forget HAIR for now! HELP HAITI

BlackMasterPiece

I'm at a loss for words right now...my family's country is in ruins.

There are still children trapped under the rubble screaming for help three days later.

I'm typing through tears.

I've mostly been communicating through social networking sites on the events in Haiti spreading the word.

I want to thank Giseller and everyone who donated to the redcross and other well renowned foundations. It means alot to me and will make the difference in Haiti.

Beekay305

I'm so proud of South Florida right now. We're really getting things together to send to our brothers and sisters in Haiti. PLEASE donate whatever you can. This is beyond sad.

taj

Ladies get together with your family members to help Haiti.
Yele.org is Wyclef's site or choose any organization you choose.

Let's get together to help Haiti!

Thanks, I've given a donation and I'll continue to pray.

Samory07

This situation is beyond devastating for all of those who don't have loved ones done there never mind how it must be for those that do have family and friends down there. I have donated once before and I will again when I get paid next week. Haiti is in my prayers and I pray that the Lord strengthens all the ladies, and their families, on here that from Haiti.

MAMATO

I'm at a loss for words right now...my family's country is in ruins.

There are still children trapped under the rubble screaming for help three days later.

I'm typing through tears.

I've mostly been communicating through social networking sites on the events in Haiti spreading the word.

I want to thank Giseller and everyone who donated to the redcross and other well renowned foundations. It means alot to me and will make the difference in Haiti.

BMP, I didnt know your parents were Haitians. I was born in Canada but spent a part of my childhood in Haiti. My mother is Haitian-Canadian and my father is H-American but still lives in Haiti (but he's OK). As I am typing these words, my heart is broken:nono: No words can describe my feelings and I am glad to feel all this love from you beautiful ladies...Thanks so much... Love you guys

jazii

Thank you, Gissell for starting this thread. My family and friends were affected by this tragedy. I can not begin to express the pain we're going through but it gives us hope to know that we are getting so many help. Please, keep everyone affected by this in your prayers!

jazii

Thank you everyone for thinking of Haiti and donating. Keep on praying.I believe GOD WILL RECONSTRUCT HAITI!

gissellr78

Thank you, Gissell for starting this thread. My family and friends were affected by this tragedy. I can not begin to express the pain we're going through but it gives us hope to know that we are getting so many help. Please, keep everyone affected by this in your prayers!

I am devasted also is heart breaking and god willing Haiti will be reconstructed for the better..We are neighbors so this cause is close to my heart.

Thank you ladies!

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
The Save the Children foundation is doing an event tomorrow to help aid in the Hatian relief effort. I got this email today:

Haiti Help-A-Thon
January 18, 2010, 6pm-8pm EST
Text, Phone and Tweet to support Save the Children’s Relief Efforts in Haiti.

5 Contacts
4 Haiti Relief
3 Ways to participate (text, tweet or phone)
2 Hours of your time
1 Cell Phone

Equals a HUGE difference. Haiti Help-A-Thon.

Text, Tweet or Phone for Emergency Relief in Haiti

TEXT
Text the word SAVE to phone number 20222. $10 will be charged to the cell phone account. Callers can text up to three times from the same cell phone. Standard text messaging rates apply. (US Only)
Once you’ve done it, forward message onto friends.

PHONE
Call friends and family and tell them about Save the Children’s work. Ask if they would be willing to make a pledge to Save the Children’s efforts. Ask them to donate by visiting http://www.savethechildren.org/haitifund or call 1-800-728-3843.

TWEET
Tweet your friends and ask them donate to Save the Children.
Tweet the message: "Text SAVE to 20222 to donate $10 to Save the Children for Haiti earthquake victims"
Or ask them to go online and donate at http://www.savethechildren.org/haitifund

DONATE NOW
Visit www.savethechildren.org/haitifund or call 1-800-728-3843
Text the word SAVE to phone number 20222. $10 will be charged to the cell phone account.

FUNDRAISE FOR US
Create a Haiti fundraising page and invite your community to help you raise as much money possible to help the victims of the Haiti earthquake. Go to www.firstgiving.com/savethechildren to get started.

Tell your friends on Facebook, MySpace and Twitter how many pledges you have raised. Post your success stories on Save the Children’s Facebook wall!

Learn more about the Help-A-Thon.

If you are under 18 years of age, ask your parents or guardian for permission to participate in the Haiti Help-A-Thon.

They're one of my favorite charities, and the need in Haiti is surely great, so I'll definitely be joining in by texting my friends, donating, and posting it to my facebook.
I hope you ladies will join in.

Joyful1

Gissell, thanks 4 starting this thread. Yele has been my charity of choice for a while.

For those who are donating supplies, I got a list from Dr. Valentine (he's popular on YT) of items that are helpful:

# Plastic BAGS of brown rice--no boxes please
# Plastic bags of beans and peas--no cans please
# Juice Plus+ capsules and chewables
# Portable water filters
# Essential Oils
# Cases of facial and toilet tissue
# Stainless steel cooking pots
# Children's books
# School books (used books can be solicited from schools)
# Toys - preferably soft ones

Regarding the essential oils, he listed:
Essential Oils--especially those that are THERAPEUTIC GRADE can be taken internally, and used to disinfect and purify water, bring oxygen into the cells of the body, calm emotions and soothe the spirit.

Because they are antibacterial, antiparasitic, cytophylactic (protect the cells). antidepressant, antiviral, antitumeral, anti inflammatory, antispasmodic, anticoagulant and insect repellent we recommend the following Essential Oils:

* orange
* lemon
* tangerine
* grapefruit
* Citrus blend
* Neroli
* Frankincense
* Myrrh
* Hyssop
* Clove
* Oregano
* Peppermint
* Lavender
* Melaleuca (Tea tree)

He & his wife's org is sending supplies directly to a family in Haiti for distribution, so if you are in Florida and looking for a drop off location, their info is:

DR. NALANI VALENTINE
EARTH OUTREACH INTERNATIONAL
313 DIRKSEN DRIVE BUILDING D SUITE K
DEBARY FLORIDA, 32713

Brees_hair

I plan to make this a long term community/global service for my family. When CNN and all the other news outlets have moved on, when all the charity specials have run their cycle, My family and I intend to still help.

One day in the future, I do want to take a trip to Haiti and give community service. My hope is that one day, France and the rest of the world will let go te bitterness and ignorance towards Haiti, and pull that country up to decent living standards for all its residents.

pinkchocolatedaisy

I was sooo emotionally shocked when I first read an article about the earthquake. I was in tears. My prayers are with and my heart truly goes out to anyone that is directly affected by this! To all you ladies that posted that you have family there or are from there, my prayers are with you.

I was dreaming about this last night. I think it is the 2nd or 3rd time. I need to donate. I feel a very strong need to. Which is best, do you think? I really want to help & I think these dreams are a sign that I need to.

Desarae

I donated to www.doctorswithoutborders.org. They were in Haiti before the earthquakes, and they will be there after.

Princess Tam Tam

IF YOU WANT TO HELP IN THE HAITI CRISIS, THIS IS YOUR OPPORTUNITY!
From PDPA & the Office of Rep. Yvette D. Clarke

100 VOLUNTEERS NEEDED BY THE AMERICAN RED CROSS
MUST BE FLUENT IN CREOLE AND ENGLISH
MUST BE US CITIZENS OR GREEN CARD HOLDERS

Volunteer for 1 month with the American Red Cross, with possibility to gain permanent employment with this organization.
To provide urgently needed support to the international recovery teams busy with the search and rescue operations in the aftermath of this terrible earthquake.

The Red Cross will handle details of your travel to Florida and to Military transportation.

CALL ANITA TAYLOR IN THE CONGRESSWOMAN'S OFFICE:
718 287 1142
917 544 6839
347 461 5078

MayaB12

Are there any organizations accepting clothes for Haiti? I have tonnes of baby clothes most hardly worn or brand new.

*Muffin*

Just wanted to tell everyone thank you for all of your prayers and concern. My stepfather is alive and is back in the states :yay:. He said the experience over there was horrible, and he had quite a time trying to get back. I'm just glad he is all right.

camilla

I donated to www.doctorswithoutborders.org. They were in Haiti before the earthquakes, and they will be there after.

I donated the next day to red cross AND yele thank you i forgot about dr without borders i will donate to them as well BLACK COUNTRIES GET NO LOVE IN THIS WORLD:nono: So we have to help each other even 5 dollars can make a difference if we all donate:grin: