Friction Hair Loss

MsElise

Excuse me ladies but I have a serious problem with the back of my hair becoming so uneven that the middle is regressing to shoulder length and the right and left sides are about 2 inches longer.(aka WUTANG) I'm tempted to cut it even.:wallbash:

I'm starting to wonder if "doing the do" is breaking my hair out because this didn't happen till I got new boyfriend and I slacked on tying up my hair. :ohwell:

Anyone else experience this?

DarkHair

Welcome to LHCF!!
I have the same thing. From what I've read, you should keep your hair protected (silk/sating material/bunning) when wearing it down. I also keep my hair tied up when doing the do. I also baby the back of my head. I do scalp massages often and add a growth aid.

HTH and HHG

MsElise

Thanks for the kind welcome!

I agree. I'm in the wig challenge now to protect during the day its mainly at night that I slack.

Maybe I'll try a cute bun as opposed to wearing it tied up. I have a wide face and I don't feel sexy with it tied up and it makes me sweat out my hair even more :sad:.

Jazala

Excuse me ladies but I have a serious problem with the back of my hair becoming so uneven that the middle is regressing to shoulder length and the right and left sides are about 2 inches longer.(aka WUTANG) I'm tempted to cut it even.:wallbash:

I'm starting to wonder if "doing the do" is breaking my hair out because this didn't happen till I got new boyfriend and I slacked on tying up my hair. :ohwell:

Anyone else experience this?
Get silk pillowcases and be on top maybe? :spinning:

Misseyl

When my nape was breaking I believe it was due to the fact that that area wasn't neutralized properly and probably it was severely overprocessed. Now that I do my hair myself, I no longer experience breakage in the nape area. I've been self relaxing for the past 4/5 years and I believe I haven't reached my goals of bra strap because I was dealing with a lot of hair issues when I first started my hair journey. I recently cut my collarbone hair because the sides were longer than the back.. Now imy hair is resting on my neck and its even all around. I anticipate that it shouldn't take long to get to bra strap now that I've dealt with the overprocessing and neutralizing problems.

The same thing happened to me. The right and left side of my hair was 3 inches longer than the middle. 2 days ago I went to my hairdresser and had her even it out. I see it as a new start, now my ends are really thick.