From a short puff to shoulder length dreadlocks in an hour!

naturalmanenyc

Today when I was having my hair braided I saw a woman come in with short hair, in a puff, and she left in about an hour with a head full of dreadlocks!!

http://www.designerbraids.moonfruit.com/communities/9/004/006/625/439/images/4521943517.swf

It's done like treebraids, with a cornrow based, but the hair used is preformed locks. They come in all lengths & colors. The woman who had them done had 4 strands of color and a couple of beads sewn on to her new locks. She wears them for 6 months at a time although I was told they last 3 months.

I probably would never do it but apparently lots of people have fake locks.

ETA: They are called Ebo Locs

Last edited:

Ganjababy

The very few I have seen look fake and horrible. The pic is a bit small for me to see properly but I am guessing it looks better than the ones I have seen.

naturalmanenyc

The woman that had them done today apparently wears them all the time. She does not reuse her hair but lots of the clients do.

I learned today that a friend/neighbor has her locks done at that same salon. I NEVER knew they were fake and I have known her for at least 4 years. She reuses her hair and the older they get, the better they look.

The very few I have seen look fake and horrible. The pic is a bit small for me to see properly but I am guessing it looks better than the ones I have seen.