Need Help! Relaxer left in for over an hour!! (Long)

metro_qt

To keep the hair from falling out, you need moisture moisture moisture. Make sure you do deep conditioning treatment w/ a humectant that has zero protein in it a couple times a week. I like Sally's Moisturizing Treatment. It's the only conditioner I use in my hair. Don't make the routine too complicated either, simple is best.

Ok! i'll make a stop over to Sally's today! thanks!

AtlantaJJ

Girl you have a head full of pretty hair and I acutally like that texture... Listen to the laides here with the no heat, low mani, moisture moisture, occasional protein and you should be fine.

I am natural so I don't know but I wonder about those long stretches and dealing with hair dressers that don't understand the concept... Good luck to you, I think you will be fine from what I can see from the picture.

bermudabeauty

I had a stylist once tell me that some relaxers stop activating after a certain amount of time. But I have never read anything on that. Does your hair look nice? Does it feel yucky? basically can you tell your hair is jacked up? Personally your experience is why I don't believe in stretching. Since I self relax too many textures in my hair I wouldn't do a quality job, its sad that a stylist can't either. Keep us updated.

Mook's hair

I'm glad everything seems to be OK.
Sorry to hear about the problems at the salon.

You didn't mention any burning or scalp problems so that's good.

It must have been a mild relaxer. Your hair still has so much nice curl. I was expecting the photo to me bone straight.

Was it lye or no lye?

sunshinebeautiful

I'm back everyone.
I washed my hair last night, and conked out.

Actually, I went back on my word...
I posted last night that I never use heat, and I won't be using heat,
but last night, while washing my hair out, something told me to do a deep aphogee treatment, and dry it on my hair with a hair dryer for 10 minutes.

I did.

I took a picture. This basically shows you what my hair looks like with the Aphogee protein treatment in my hair.... and what my hair looks like as of this morning.
lol. the same.

I rinsed my hair with Vatika oil after the treatment, and then conditioner washed with pantene. My hair actually feels... nice.

This was the pic of your hair with the Aphoghee in it? OT, but I love the texture of your hair.

sunshinebeautiful

It must have been a mild relaxer. Your hair still has so much nice curl. I was expecting the photo to me bone straight.

Was it lye or no lye?

Yeah me too. I want my hair texture to look like that. *whining*

Michelle79

Honestly, pre-LHCF I used to put relaxers for roots to tip for over an hour on my hair and never really had any problems. I would not recommend that to anyone though, my hair is quite thick and I used to maintain it at a healthy SL at that time. DC, moisturize, moisturize and you'll be fine. Take care :)

I used to do this too & I never had any adverse reaction.

tbaby_8

I would still neutralize one more time and let it sit in the hair a few minutes, just in case. Then moisturize alot, since you used an aphogee treatment. As long as you don't have any major scalp damage, you should be fine. But keep Deep conditioning your hair.

girlcherokee

see i had a similar experiences after completely cutting my hair off - and going natural for 3 yrs - grew allot of hair, to about bsl and then one day 9ths preg and tired, just couldnt do the twist thing anymore and went to a stylist - he tore my hair out while combing it witht he relaxer in it so bad that my scalp was burned and my hair was badly damaged, still have not fully recovered, but ididnt have LHCF - did not know what to do to counteract, the damage and pretty much just gave up on it. i think your hair will be fine. why dont stylist know that they are NOT SUPPOSE TO COMB THE HAIR WITH RELAXER IN IT!!!! I have self relaxed ever since and even though i did not know what the HELL is was doing, i got better more even results and i never put a comb in my hair with the relaxer in it - i just dont get it. dont they learn anything in beauty school?n or were they not paying attention that day?

prospurr4

:bighug: if you keep up the moisture in your hair it should be good, most horrific damage almost happens immediately so...

I agree, especially with the bolded part. The result of my worst relaxer-related mishap was seen almost immediately...I had much less hair on my head. :ohwell: The ladies have already given great advice; I think you will be fine.

mscocoface

I was looking at your pic and was thinking to myself....that is bone straight? I don't get it.

I am glad to see your hair seems better today.

metro_qt

Was it lye or no lye?

I'm pretty sure it's lye, i always ask for lye. You know, i should go find out.
(i've never used no lye)

and I WANTED BONE STRAIGHT!! :wallbash::wallbash:
so i am a little dissappointed, but i realise that with the curls, my hair will be much stronger than it would be bone straight.

Yeah! i forgot to tell you guys, no burning at all! he was like.."Well, that's a plus!"

no scalp problems, the only thing that hurts is my neck, from all the pulling he did on my head with the comb... my head is very tender now...
(and yeah. i lost alot of hair... lots!:sad:)

Last edited:

metro_qt

This was the pic of your hair with the Aphoghee in it? OT, but I love the texture of your hair.

Yeah me too. I want my hair texture to look like that. *whining*

Lol, sunshine, i would ship my hair to you if i could, because i'm tired of the curls and the tangles, and i just wanted straight hair for once. Just Once.
and yes, that was last night, with the Aphogee hardened on to it.
Then when I washed the aphogee out... it pretty much looked the same... just wet.

see i had a similar experiences after completely cutting my hair off - and going natural for 3 yrs - grew allot of hair, to about bsl and then one day 9ths preg and tired, just couldnt do the twist thing anymore and went to a stylist - he tore my hair out while combing it witht he relaxer in it so bad that my scalp was burned and my hair was badly damaged, still have not fully recovered, but ididnt have LHCF - did not know what to do to counteract, the damage and pretty much just gave up on it. i think your hair will be fine. why dont stylist know that they are NOT SUPPOSE TO COMB THE HAIR WITH RELAXER IN IT!!!! I have self relaxed ever since and even though i did not know what the HELL is was doing, i got better more even results and i never put a comb in my hair with the relaxer in it - i just dont get it. dont they learn anything in beauty school?n or were they not paying attention that day?

Lololol.. I guess my guy must've skipped beauty school class that day too.. cuz he tore the hell out of my hair with 3 different combs

metro_qt

I was looking at your pic and was thinking to myself....that is bone straight? I don't get it.

I am glad to see your hair seems better today.

Yeah. i don't get it either. but, he used an actual relaxer in my hair, and it was definitely left in my whole head for one hour and 15 minutes...

Ganjababy

I'm back everyone.
I washed my hair last night, and conked out.

Actually, I went back on my word...
I posted last night that I never use heat, and I won't be using heat,
but last night, while washing my hair out, something told me to do a deep aphogee treatment, and dry it on my hair with a hair dryer for 10 minutes.

I did.

I took a picture. This basically shows you what my hair looks like with the Aphogee protein treatment in my hair.... and what my hair looks like as of this morning.
lol. the same.

I rinsed my hair with Vatika oil after the treatment, and then conditioner washed with pantene. My hair actually feels... nice.

Gosh your hair still looks healthy, THATS GREAT. You have some strong hair. I would be bald at that point. Good luck but I dont think you need it anyway, your hair looks absolutely fab

Classic

WOW!! After all that your hair isnt straight! At least now you know you have some very resilant hair. :yep: Im so nervous about mine - Im planning on perming in September after a 9 month stretch. This hour relaxer didnt happen at Azons did it???

crlsweetie912

Yeah. i don't get it either. but, he used an actual relaxer in my hair, and it was definitely left in my whole head for one hour and 15 minutes...
Sounds like he didn't really apply it correctly either. Just slapped it on because of the tangles and didn't really "smooth" it. That's why he used so much. He was just slapping it on all willy nilly. I would watch out for overprocessing signs. That will kind of make it look "curly"
Overprocessed hair gets frizzy and dry.

I would have gotten up out of that chair and washed it out my da*n self. WOW!
Praying for healthy hair Metro.

jamaicanadian

WOW!! After all that your hair isnt straight! At least now you know you have some very resilant hair. :yep: Im so nervous about mine - Im planning on perming in September after a 9 month stretch. This hour relaxer didnt happen at Azons did it???

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but from my knowledge and observance, none of the stylists at Azan's would leave in the relaxer that long. They are way more careful and professional than that. You won't regret going to Azan's.

Zawaj

Wow! You have that indestructible hair like StillALady! I'm glad everything seems to be fine.

bbdgirl

I am really sorry that this happended to you and your hair. It was really unprofessional of him to underestimate the thickness and amount of new growth of your hair. If he has been your stylist for a long enough period of time of growth from SL to BSL he really should know your hair.
Okay that being said... I don't think that all is lost. A poster said periviously that damage is often shown just about immediately, like as your washing out the relaxer. I do think that it matters on the person's hair and the prodduct being used.
My bf has thin, coarse stubborn hair and it usually takes almost an hour to get her hair straight.
I am really hoping for the best for you.

GinnyP

you will be ok just neutralize again and let it sit longer than 10 mintues and rinse out to make you feel better hope everything goes well

SqrpioQutie

He used.... Olive Oil.. I'm trying to remember the name..
It's in a green tub, called, Organics.. or Organic Elements.. anyone know what i'm talking about, they make the Hair mayonnaise line, and the Cholestrol with Tea tree oil..
well, They also make an olive oil relaxer...
He likes to use that on clients now, he says, because it's gentler on the hair...

that stuff is pure crap in my hair.... i could leave it on for 3 hours or more and it more than likely would still NOT get my hair straight let alone damage it...

good to see that there doesn't appear to be any irreparable damage... :grin:

metro_qt

Gosh your hair still looks healthy, THATS GREAT. You have some strong hair. I would be bald at that point. Good luck but I dont think you need it anyway, your hair looks absolutely fab

Lolol.
Thanks everyone. My mom, however just cussed me, when I told her the story.

Asking me why i didn't leave the chair 30 minutes into it, even with half a head of relaxer... (i had no good answer for her)
She said what I know alot of you must be secretly thinking in your heads.

I'm just praying my hair stays on my head, and I thank you all for your kind words.

metro_qt

Noooo. I've heard of Azan's though. Right on avenue road. I think they give 'normal' service for a high price...

Better than my guy...i guess. I think i'll see what Azan's is saying next time i need my relaxer done.

metro_qt

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but from my knowledge and observance, none of the stylists at Azan's would leave in the relaxer that long. They are way more careful and professional than that. You won't regret going to Azan's.

Thanks for your input this thread, I've heard nothing bad about Azan's either.. except the price was kind of high.
But then I used to go to Jazma all the time too....

metro_qt

that stuff is pure crap in my hair.... i could leave it on for 3 hours or more and it more than likely would still NOT get my hair straight let alone damage it...

good to see that there doesn't appear to be any irreparable damage... :grin:

Lololololololol well that gives me a glimmer of hope!

me-T

ooh. um. neutralize again, do a really moisturizing dc sealed with oil and jus moisturize evryday. no hand-in-hair disease, no wearing it down. that's the best i can think of. jus please keep that moisture up wit a touch of protein.
i say a "touch", cause, idk bout you, but even in that condition i would still get protein overload easily