From almost waist to almost bra-strap...yep im sad

leejure

I cut my hair. And... I went on ahead and cut it up to the breakage (remember that back patch?). Well, I actually didn't TELL my stylist to cut up to the breakage, she sorta did that on her own. So now, my hair is no more (no exaggeration). Put it like this. I would be lucky to say taht I am brushing the top of my bra-strap right now.
But you know what, my ends look really good and for the first time since that "incident" with the back of my hair, my hair is now all ONE LENGTH! So, now I have to start all over and "do the dern thing!"
After I got my hair cut, I looked in the mirror once at the length, my heart sanked. She ended up cutting about 5 inches, like I thought.
I have decided that I will not look at the length of my hair no time soon, for I know I will get phyiscally sick.

At any rate, I am trying to focus on the 'positives'. So I am on a new regimen changing all my products witht he exception of my vaseline (that's a keeper) and I am going to get my length back by the end of this year. The only difference is my hair is going to have its thick look again!

btw... to get an idea of my hair length now, look at my 2002 photos.

-lee

ccd

Re: From almost waist to almost bra-strap...yep im

awww Leejure, I'm sorry to hear that!

OK......but (1)-now you know what caused the breakage, (2)-you have a fabulous regime! (3)- 5 inches - depending on you growth rate
(1/2,3/4in-1in?BTW do you know), you could be at you old length in no time!!!! (6) BIG PLUS!!!! The summer is coming and I know my hair seems to grow faster during that season...maybe you'll have even more growth!

You'll have your length back in no time.......OCT! NOV! Don't let the cut get you down.....you'll have healthier hair in the long run!

Allandra

I agree, focus on the 'positives'. You know we're here for you girl.

DigitalRain

It feels bad to see it go, but after all its only hair and it will grow back before you know it.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk

Girl,

I think you kinda scizza-happy yo' self!

But check it out--I bet your hair looks great and so if thickness and eveness are what you were striving for--then you are there.

Tell me (for my own purposes) how will you prevent the back breakage from happening again? I experienced the same thing and it looks almost just like yours did.

Isis

Time goes by so fast - before you know it, your hair (which is still long and beautiful)will be at your desired length and even better than ever!

NAY007

Oh Leejure, I was shocked when I just read the title of the thread. But I'm glad you are positive minded. As long as your hair is healthy and thick...the length will be there in no time. I'm really glad that you stay focused on healthy hair. Let us know about your new routine and the products you will choose.

joyous

Sorry to hear about your dilemna. I'm sure your hair is still beautiful and your still one of my inspirations.

so1913

Hair can be such a headache. Once you get that regimine set, you'll reach that goal in no time!

You still have a whole lot of length, with the added thickness and eveness, I'm sure it looks even more beautiful!!! Can't wait to see you at your goal at the end of the year!

fine_beauty

Jesus, I Trust In You!

Ditto with joyous. I too wouldn't mind a little volume but my hair is naturally fine-stranded.

Ayeshia

I know this is a set back for you but you'll be back at brastrap in no time. I noticed the difference between the JUly 2002 pic and the Feb 2003, that wasnt even a full year when you made it back to brastrap. Its good to see that your positive about it. Good Luck!!!!!

Nanyanika

I'm in the same boat!!I had my hair cut from almost waist length to a little above bra-strap, i felt depressed but decided to concentrate on positives because now my hair healthier. Leejure it will grow back. Sck with what works and you'll be surprised.

inthepink

Lee,

Sounds as though I'm reading the exact same thing that happened to me in December! You'll be ok and it will grow back! I know you have to feel so much better knowing that you have the thickness with your ends. Definitely by not looking at your hair everyday and just taking good care of it, by the end of the year (which is also my goal), you should be back to where you started but with thick ends this time. I'm wishing you luck though I don't think you need it. It will happen!

BTW - what is your new regimen?

Nyambura

surfer girl
(((((Lee))))) I'm sorry your stylist got so scissor-happy that you lost 5 inches of hair, but your hair grows fast and now it's all one length. I believe you will regain your length by the year's end but it will be thicker and all one length! I think putting your hair up and not looking at it for a while is a good idea.

Here, Lee, this is especially for you, in the hopes it will lift your spirits a bit:

Nyambura
ps ~ I just got my hair touched-up after 7 months and gained a lot of length, but I know I'll have to lose some of that when I go back for a trim.

skegeesmb

Lee,

I know you're a little down because of the cut, but you'll be back to your old length before you know it. A lot of us here have to cut our hair at some point. I know I do. And I know I have to cut three inches off. I'm waiting, but I know it's not going to be any better cutting it to 20" or cutting it to 23" inches again.

So don't feel bad girl, you aren't alone in the cutting blues, just look at Den1 and Hairlove, they did big chops...and they lived to tell the story. Soon you'll be telling a despondant member don't worry your hair will grow back, I did the same thing!

laketta

Gurl please. I'll be doin flips when I reach your 2002 length.

I'm sure your hair is still beautiful!!!!

Spagirl

I'm so sorry to hear what happen to you. I've experienced this too more than once (varying amounts) and now I refuse to let it happen again. I've taken matters into my own hands and I'm presently using the Split Ender to trim my ends. Though it's not perfect, I continue to use it until I find/learn another method that I'm comfortable with.

webby

Think Slim
Lee, I've been in your shoes and I know how saddening it is, but one thing that I can say for sure is that I enjoyed my growth much more. I didn't feel like a slave to my breakage, or bad ends.

Remember that it will grow back.

Tonya

Though this may seem to be a HUGE set back. We all know how fast our hair grows when we cut it. Your will gain that 5 inches and then some in no time...watch what I say. No matter how much you lost I bet your hair still looks GORGEOUS....being all thick and even now!!

miss_brown

I'm sorry you had to cut so much length (
), BUT I'm sure you hair looks sooooooooo pretty now with those healthy, thick ends
Your hair will grow back in no time.

Armyqt

Wow Leejure, I can only imagine how you're feeling right now. But you have beautiful hair and I know you'll get that length back in no time. Stay positive

leejure

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
Girl,

I think you kinda scizza-happy yo' self!

But check it out--I bet your hair looks great and so if thickness and eveness are what you were striving for--then you are there.

Tell me (for my own purposes) how will you prevent the back breakage from happening again? I experienced the same thing and it looks almost just like yours did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, my hair originally broke off b/c of swimming and not wshing it properly. Now, that I am all one length, I plan to wash my hair in sep. sections. The back and the bottom will be washed seperately as oppose to washing it as a whole.
And pray. i plan to pary a whole lot!

-lee

leejure

Thanks ladies for all the encouraging words! They mean a lot!

Nay... I plan to do everything I have done before BUT I am big-time product-conscious now.
Where as before, I was not really focused on prodcuts, I plan to do so now and I am taking my vitamins BIG TIME!

-lee

leejure

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
Lee,

Sounds as though I'm reading the exact same thing that happened to me in December! You'll be ok and it will grow back! I know you have to feel so much better knowing that you have the thickness with your ends. Definitely by not looking at your hair everyday and just taking good care of it, by the end of the year (which is also my goal), you should be back to where you started but with thick ends this time. I'm wishing you luck though I don't think you need it. It will happen!

BTW - what is your new regimen?

[/ QUOTE ]

My regimen... Have you read your regimen lately? That is my new regimen

I bought all the products witht eh exception of a few which i plan to pick up today (Nature's Gate). But for the most part, I am giving your regimen a trial. I plan to follow it for the whole year!

-lee

leejure

[ QUOTE ]
Nyambura said:
(((((Lee))))) I'm sorry your stylist got so scissor-happy that you lost 5 inches of hair, but your hair grows fast and now it's all one length. I believe you will regain your length by the year's end but it will be thicker and all one length! I think putting your hair up and not looking at it for a while is a good idea.

Here, Lee, this is especially for you, in the hopes it will lift your spirits a bit:

Nyambura
ps ~ I just got my hair touched-up after 7 months and gained a lot of length, but I know I'll have to lose some of that when I go back for a trim.

[/ QUOTE ]

I LOVE the smiley. Thanks!
And Congrautlations on your growth!

-lee