front relaxer???

Dee-Licious

My hair does not stretch well, because my roots become unbearable when it comes to styling, and I get excessive shedding and breakage. I was wondering would it be bad for my hair to just get my front edges relaxed? I would only relax from my hairline to 2" from my hairline, and then wait 6 weeks for my next full touch-up. I use Mizani Lye for Fine/Color Treated hair.

Dee-Licious

thanks.. do u relax for the same time as you usually do? does this front relaxing alter your regular touch-up?

sweetcashew

I do this on a regular. It' summer now so I'm getting 1.5 inches of growth a month so I have to do this if I want my hair to be flat in the front. I go about 3 inches deep 6 weeks post touch up. Then I wait another 6 weeks and do the whole head.

Dee-Licious

thanks a ton.. i plan on doing this next week. Do you ladies do any additional protein treatments to prepare your hair for the perimeter relaxing?

sassyhair

I dont do anything out of my normal conditioning, I usually wait about an extra 2 months to relax the perimeter with the middle.

Dee-Licious

sweetcashew said:
I do this on a regular. It' summer now so I'm getting 1.5 inches of growth a month so I have to do this if I want my hair to be flat in the front. I go about 3 inches deep 6 weeks post touch up. Then I wait another 6 weeks and do the whole head.

are u doing anything special, or is this a normal summer growth sprout for you?

sweetcashew

MsDanele1518 said:
are u doing anything special, or is this a normal summer growth sprout for you?

No, I'm not doing anything but wash and condition. I don't even remember to take my regular mulit-vit. This is average growth for me. Sometimes during the colder months I get 1.5 but it's more commom for me to get an inch.
During warmer months 1.5 inches is the norm. If I'm lucky I'll get a litte more than that.