Hairline Breakage!!!

aya221912

I'm having a serious issue with hairline breakage - front hairline as well as nape. What do I do??? I've got 4b/c relaxed. I've been stretching for 10 weeks now, but I think I'm gonna have to relax this week. I ALWAYS wrap hair and use light oil, but still breakage. My hair is maybe 3" from BSL but my hairline is 1/2 - 1 inch long. Even at its best hairline doesnt get past 2-3 inches long. What am I doing wrong? What can I do??? Please help!!!

hopeful

How are you treating your hairline and nape? Do they get extra gentle handling, extra conditioner, extra moisture? They need to be left alone as much as possible. Only relax every other relaxer and for less time than the rest of your hair. Your focus has to be on them being soft and moisturized and not on them being sleek and smooth all the time because when you seek too much "perfection" you might brush/comb/tug too much.

les artistes

wow I'm here to take notes. My hair line has never been longer than an inch. I've never had a nice hairline i know since i was a kid, my mom used to put tight braids in my head, and i'm guilty of wearing freestyle braids regularly. I'm here to change. I need help too!:nono:

aya221912

How are you treating your hairline and nape? Do they get extra gentle handling, extra conditioner, extra moisture? They need to be left alone as much as possible. Only relax every other relaxer and for less time than the rest of your hair. Your focus has to be on them being soft and moisturized and not on them being sleek and smooth all the time because when you seek too much "perfection" you might brush/comb/tug too much.

Hopeful, you're right... I do try to smooth them everyday. I use that Vonte Silk Effects - the stuff Mo'Nique raves about - it's supposed to be less damaging than regular hair gel. I dont use brush though - only a comb and I use leave in for less tension. I do condition every wash 7-10 days. Thats all I do... I need a good growth treatment...

Demi27

If you wear a scarf at night, be careful with that as well. Because of the way that I tie my scarf, I find I have to be extra heavy handed with the moisturizer.

You may also be allergic to the material as well. I've had to change scarves a few times because of that.

Good luck.

Peacan Tan

I'm having a serious issue with hairline breakage - front hairline as well as nape. What do I do??? I've got 4b/c relaxed. I've been stretching for 10 weeks now, but I think I'm gonna have to relax this week. I ALWAYS wrap hair and use light oil, but still breakage. My hair is maybe 3" from BSL but my hairline is 1/2 - 1 inch long. Even at its best hairline doesnt get past 2-3 inches long. What am I doing wrong? What can I do??? Please help!!!

I believe it's too much brushing to smooth these areas thats causing the breakage. Think about rollersets and other hairstyles that don't pull on the hair from those areas that look good on you.

aya221912

It's difficult searchin in here til search function is updated... Does anyone have any good threads on hairline breakage?

aya221912

I have a 100% silk scarf. I'm gonna go back to that instead of the cap. I may try the Nexxus Biotin Creme. Thanks Passionfruit!