Frustrated with my ends!!! (long vent)

CutiePie0Five

Hi Ladies,

I've been transitioning for 8 months and I'm doing well so far. My only problem is (and it's all my fault) that I haven't gotten a trim since my last perm in January. I used to get a trim every 3 months after a touch-up, so my ends were always well-kept and I retained a lot of length. Anywhoz, so as the time has passed, my ends have gotten thin. I hated seeing my ends like that this past weekend, so I bought me some scissors, and trimmed them!!

Soooo my hair looks all right & feels better---but it's uneven. The left side in the front is about 2 inches longer than the rest of my hair but I don't want to cut it cuz I'm using it as a goal keeper lol! The back is pretty much all one length though. What sucks is that when I first started transitioning, I was pretty much bra-strap all over, but now the back is maybe an inch or so above bra-strap due to my messed up ends. My overall hair is very healthy, no split ends, barely any breakage, very soft, shiny, etc. but these darn ends are killing me!!! I'm trying to get to mid-back, but I feel like I'm playing a hair-growing game....it's just back and forth back and forth...

Anyway, long story short, I don't know if I should get my hair professionally trimmed in a cute style to be even, or if I should just try to grow it even myself as I continue to transition....Any advice? I was considering going to a salon because I was thinking of getting a bang. Someone helppp me!

Lucia

Just leave it alone, let the shorter parts catch up to the longer ones. Are you plainning to wear your hair down/out alot? then use curlers on the ends, it will "look" even then.
You don't want to loose 4"+ to some stylist who's going to make it even and it's not necessary, my hairs uneven too, don't sweat it.

lana

My hair is currently uneven. I had some breakage due to color, that finally grew out, but now the rest of my hair is longer than that middle area. Oh well, I'm wearing a fall until it's all one length. Yes I feel like have some thin spots, but overall my hair is healthy. I am frustrated with it, but it's growing, it's healthy, I just have to wait it out....be patient. Why is this so difficult? (smiles) I want instant results.