Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Blow Dry

eyunka

I tried this about three weeks ago. So far its still doing pretty good. I'm 10 weeks post relaxer.

Now you can achieve the perfect, bouncy-blow dry. One application of this innovative, 2-step smoothing kit
. Tames frizz
. Keeps hair smooth and shiny
. Provides easier, faster blow dries
. Lasts 7 shampoos

eyunka

Oh lawd:blush: does it really. How did i miss that. Here it is i tell my kids reading is fundamental. I wonder what damage i've done to my hair. So far i haven't seen any.
I thought it says not to use it on relaxed hair?

manter26

Oh lawd:blush: does it really. How did i miss that. Here it is i tell my kids reading is fundamental. I wonder what damage i've done to my hair. So far i haven't seen any.

Didn't mean to alarm you. Sorry about that. I just checked the website FAQ and it says it's not recommended to double process hair. Your hair turned out great. My mom could use something to help her stretch but we'll keep looking just in case.

Elnahna

manter26 is correct. This is listed in the product information:

Important Information:
Do not use on damaged, over-processed, fragile, or relaxed hair. Hair can be damaged due to chemical processes such as bleach, highlights, lye, or no-lye relaxers. We recommend waiting 2 weeks before or after coloring your hair and using Sleek & Shine Blow Dry Perfector.

But, I have been using their Sleek & Shine Conditioner w/Argan Oil, I called the company to verify, you can use it on relaxers. It is wonderful! I am 6 months post with a wicked afro going on,a (I'm a non-committed transitioner :perplexed). I decided not to do a big chop so, for the last month I've been using this product along with Suave Professionals Heat Protector. Every two weeks I wash, blowdry and flat iron. The results are great!! My hair is as straight as if I had a fresh touchup and my hair hasn't reverted between washes. Also,the big thing is I have seen no signs of heat damage. Sorry, I haven't taken any pics because I wanted to wait to see what happens after a hard workout. But so far so good.
I hope this helps :spinning:

Attachments

• gfss.JPG
    gfss.JPG
    9.7 KB · Views: 208
  • suave.JPG
    suave.JPG
    13.5 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:

dany06

i thought that the product was thio based and if not still uses an ingredient that is supposedly not compatible with regular relaxers. I've tried thio over sodium hydroxide relaxed hair in the past. it wont break but its not a healthy practice.
I've read that thio and the like are not as strong (in breaking down bonds) as regular relaxers and their effects tend to revert (or atleast look and feel that way) easily.

Please choose one or the other. If you like the results of this product continue to use it on your new growth. Using both may cause problems down the road.

Kn0ttyByNatur3

Your hair looks very nice and shiny.

I hope everything will be okay, since you didn't know there is a warning on it. :(

greenandchic

Your hair looks great! I was going to try this on a blow out, but reading the reviews on MA a few months ago changed my mind real quick.

danysedai

My hairdresser was about to use this on herself when I pointed out to her that it was not recommended for relaxed hair. Glad you didn't have any bad results but be careful :)

NIN4eva

Girl I jumped in this thread with the quickness when I saw the title like "Nooooooo!" But alas, you've already used it. I wanted to use this when it first came out but read all the bad reviews. Your results look great though. Baby your strands.

DrC

Your hair looks great!! Is the Fructis blow dry perfector like a chemical process, or something to prolong straight hair?

Jetblackhair

Your hair looks great! I think you not having any issues with the product thus far is a statement of how healthy and strong your hair is at this point.