Georgetown Sephora Doesn't Carry Phytospecific!!! RACIST???

ms_kenesha

Georgetown Sephora Doesn't Carry Phytospecific!!!

I am so glad I called them before I left my office and went there; I was so psyched to buy the Phyto relaxer *even though I'm trying not to relax for 5 weeks*. I called them and asked did they have the Phytospecific Relaxer Index 2 and the lady said that they don't carry the Phytospecific Line at this location *now I've been there before and I know they carry the other Phyto line* doesn't it seem kind of racist that they don't carry the "black" Phyto line in Georgetown???? :down: :down:

Last edited:

KAddy

:lol: Sorry to laugh Ms_K, but I could have told you that. Here's what I posted the last time

KAddy said:
I called the phytospecific number and asked before and they gave me a couple of places that carry it (You wouldn't believe how many notes I have in my agenda book with PhytoSpecific Info :lol: ), but I don't remember if they just use it or sell and use it. :ohwell:

Anywho, here are the places:

Progression Salon in Rockville, MD (301) 231-8757
Hugo Salon in MD (I think it may be the Wheaton one) (301) 949-2330
Corbin Salon in Baltimore, MD (410) 662-8700

If all else fails you can call Phyto and they will give you places. 1-877-SPECIFIC

ETA: I didn't ask about DC when I called I only asked about Maryland. So you may want to call and ask about DC.

Tracy

Maybe...

But if you think about it as a business owner, if you didn't have a reasonable demand for the product in that area...would you stock up on it? :ohwell:

ms_kenesha

GREAT! Well, I know that the Sephora in Pentagon City does sell it, but I cannot get there & back in my one hour lunch time window...I've tried before and I ended up taking a 1 & 1/2 hr. lunch...dang non-rush hour METRO! :mad:

KAddy said:
:lol: Sorry to laugh Ms_K, but I could have told you that. Here's what I posted the last time

ms_kenesha

True Trace,

Supply and Demand, but how do they know what the demand would be if they don't even stock it? Although the majority of people who live in G-town may be white, the shopping poppulation is VERY mixed; white/black/Latino/Arab, etc. so they need to GET WITH IT!

Tracy said:
Maybe...

But if you think about it as a business owner, if you didn't have a reasonable demand for the product in that area...would you stock up on it? :ohwell:

KAddy

That's what you get for trying to buy hair products during lunch... (OK, I'm just hating because we only get 1/2 hour for lunch like what we do requires me to be at my desk at all times. I evaluate programs in schools for goodness sakes) There is a bss not too far from here that I am dying to browse through, but I KNOW I will be in there longer than my allowed lunch time. :lachen:

ms_kenesha said:
GREAT! Well, I know that the Sephora in Pentagon City does sell it, but I cannot get there & back in my one hour lunch time window...I've tried before and I ended up taking a 1 & 1/2 hr. lunch...dang non-rush hour METRO! :mad:

melodee

Tracy said:
Maybe...

I was thinking the same thing. The Nordstroms in Towson (Baltimore Area) carries Phytospecific, but I've noticed recently that their stock has dimished considerably. The first time I saw the Phytorelaxer was in this store, back when I knew nothing about it and there was no way I'd switch relaxers. Now, it is gone. All they have is the Vital Force products and that awful glorified grease. They may be able to order it though.

Tracy

Yeah - economics sucks overall. :p

I agree though - why NOT carry it!?!?!?!? You might even EXPAND your clientbase ....and THAT's where I think the racist part comes in.

They probably just don't really want us all up in the store. So why tempt us..... :mad:

I wonder if they'd order it for you since it's the most convenient location for you.....did you ask? A lot of stores do that - they either order the product or get it from another location for you....

KAddy

Tracy said:

I agree though - why NOT carry it!?!?!?!? You might even EXPAND your clientbase ....and THAT's where I think the racist part comes in.

They probably just don't really want us all up in the store. So why tempt us..... :mad:

I wonder if they'd order it for you since it's the most convenient location for you.....did you ask? A lot of stores do that - they either order the product or get it from another location for you....

I agree on both points.

However, Ms_K is probably like me when it comes to waiting for stuff. I'd rather go find it right away then wait like a patient little butterfly. :p

katie

They don't carry black lines of anything anywhere near me.They just don't have the market for it.I wouldn't say that makes them racist.It's just like how I wouldn't expect a black beauty supply store to stock those curly perm kits that white women use.

ms_kenesha

Thanks Tracey,

I'll do that. In fact I might go to the store in person, peruse the aisles, act really dissappointed when I can't find it, and ask if they can order it & why don't they stock it!

OFF TO SEPHORA! *HA KADDY!!!*

Tracy said:

Allandra

ms_kenesha said:
I am so glad I called them before I left my office and went there; I was so psyched to buy the Phyto relaxer *even though I'm trying not to relax for 5 weeks*. I called them and asked did they have the Phytospecific Relaxer Index 2 and the lady said that they don't carry the Phytospecific Line at this location *now I've been there before and I know they carry the other Phyto line* doesn't it seem kind of racist that they don't carry the "black" Phyto line in Georgetown???? :down: :down:
It's not carried at the Sephora in Pentagon City either! I called them two weeks ago. They have a very hard time getting Phyto products from the manufacturer. I really doubt it's racist.

ETA - It hasn't been in stock there in a very long time. :lol:

Last edited:

Allandra

Tracy said:
Maybe...

Exactly.....

ms_kenesha

Really, the last time I went it was there, but it's been a MINUTE.

I'm going to be mad if I go there (g-town) and it's there, but they didn't tell me it over the phone. I went to the G-town one last month and I didn't notice if they had Phytospecific or not, but they didn't have a problem carrying the other phyto products.

I'm off to investigate :sekret: *for real this time!*

Allandra said:
It's not carried at the Sephora in Pentagon City either! I called them two weeks ago. They have a very hard time getting Phyto products from the manufacturer. I really doubt it's racist.

KAddy

I don't think many of the Sephora's in this area carry PhytoSpecific. I know the one in Montgomery Mall doesn't it, but they do carry the regular Phyto line of products.

Your best bet may be to just find a salon that carries it and go there.

MizAvalon

I don't know if I would consider it racist or not. I have been to Sephora's all over the world and I don't think I've ever been to one that has a carried a full line of ANY brand. Especially ones that are in malls, they only carry a fraction of the brands.

ms_kenesha

Alright I'm back & no I don't think G-town is racist they just have a limited selection on ALL brands, the Pentagon City one is better IMO.

But THANK GOD they didn't carry it because I spent $135 in there w/o getting the relaxer! Don't nobody tell my FI :sekret:

ETA: Sephora.com is hip to the PhytoRelaxer takeover, it is a new item available online.

Last edited:

KAddy

ms_kenesha said:
I spent $135 in there w/o getting the relaxer! Don't nobody tell my FI :sekret:

Uh...I take bribes, so you better share what you bought or I am going through the receipt and reading EVERYTHING to him.
"body cream, moisturizer,..."

I'm about to dial...

MissB

The Sephora at Fair Oaks Mall doesn't carry the Phytospecific relaxer/products either. The Sephora at Tysons only had the Moisturizing Styling Balm but I have seen the Phytorelaxer there in the past. The relaxer is out of stock at the Pentagon City store just as Allandra stated.

At Nordstrom's in Tyson, they keep the Phytospecific products behind the counter in a drawer and you have to request them. I'm not sure about Nordstrom's at Pentagon City. I would definately call Sephora, Nordstrom's, or Neiman's before venturing out to the mall.

P&R and Partners in Chevy Chase carries the products but not the relaxer.

Good Luck,

MissB

Dreamn

Chasing the Unicorn
ms_kenesha said:
Alright I'm back & no I don't think G-town is racist they just have a limited selection on ALL brands, the Pentagon City one is better IMO.

But THANK GOD they didn't carry it because I spent $135 in there w/o getting the relaxer! Don't nobody tell my FI :sekret:

ETA: Sephora.com is hip to the PhytoRelaxer takeover, it is a new item available online.

:lachen: what did you get ms K?

Bee6

Truly Outrageous
ms_kenesha said:

OMG...I went to the Sephora in Columbia and spent 75 bucks when I intended to spend only $25. Anyhow, the Sephora in Gtown know me too well, it's sad cause I spend at least 2 days a week of my lunch break in there.:look:

ms_kenesha

A whole lot of CRAP I really don't need :lol:
Sephora Hand Cream

SuperStars - Super Powered Body Polish

• Two lipsticks-Sephora Brand # 44G (caramel) and 28G (prune)
  • Eye pencil-Sephora Brand Forest Green 202
  • Lip Pencil-Sephora Brand Natural 110
  • 2 Tweezerman tweezers
  • A pencil sharpener
  • A face brush
  • And one of those headbands for when you wash your face.
I'm a bad, bad girl :spank:

honeydrop215 said:
:lachen: what did you get ms K?

ms_kenesha

You use it with your cleanser, it helps to slough off dull skin cells, but is not rough on your face. I bought the Sephora brand *it was cheap* the guy that worked their was trying to get me to buy this expensive one from Shiseido, I'm not stupid I'll pass!

Sephora Collection Face Complexion Brush is the professional's choice for cleansing the face and neck. Gently exfoliates dead skin cells, leaving face fresh, clean, and soft. Gently massages and invigorates skin.

I forgot to add that I also bought a boar bristle brush for my hair. :grin:

katie said:
What is a face brush used for Ms Kenesha?

mnemosyne

it exfoliates the face gently. so you could use a cleanser without the ever popular beads in it and rub it in with tiny circles of the brush.

The sephora on 5th avenue near 49th also does not have phytospecific things. I think that maybe some other ones in NYC have it, but I haven't checked.

KAddy

:scratchch hmm, may have to invest...wait no. I am not getting sucked in. Note to self
STAY OUT OF SEPHORA

ms_kenesha said:
Sephora Collection Face Complexion Brush is the professional's choice for cleansing the face and neck. Gently exfoliates dead skin cells, leaving face fresh, clean, and soft. Gently massages and invigorates skin.

katie

ms_kenesha said:
You use it with your cleanser, it helps to slough off dull skin cells, but is not rough on your face. I bought the Sephora brand *it was cheap* the guy that worked their was trying to get me to buy this expensive one from Shiseido, I'm not stupid I'll pass!

I forgot to add that I also bought a boar bristle brush for my hair. :grin:

Thanks!Sounds interesting

ms_kenesha

Hey, Kaddy you know you wanna go, you know you wanna go!

How does it feel being pushed miss PhytoPusha!

*I'm yo mama, I'm yo daddy, I'm yo nigg@ in the alley, I'm yo PUSHAMAN!!" :lachen:

KAddy said:
:scratchch hmm, may have to invest...wait no. I am not getting sucked in. Note to self
STAY OUT OF SEPHORA