Review PhytoSpecific Line

luvhair

Beauty and Fashion Junkie
Ever since I converted to the Phyto Specific Index 2 Relaxer, I have been slowly trying all of the products in the phytospecific line. Here's my review of everything I have tried

Before I start-- I have 4a/b hair thats thick and dry. I notice that my hair can take heat better than it can take chemicals- which is why I switched to the Index 2

Phytospecific Growth Serum: They only sell this in Europe, but I went to France and picked up a box. I have used everything to grow out my thin edges due to 2 years of braids. For the past 6 months I had slow progress by making sure not to put any stress on the front and putting my relaxer on my edges last, but nothing really dramatic. I have also tried pretty much everything-- Nioxin, Organic Root Stimulator, Sulfur 8, etc. Nothing worked. But I have been using thisfor almost 2 months and I my edges have nearly doubled in thickness. Basically-- it gave me the same results in 2 months as I got in the 6 months of taking care of my edges. Its worth the price, in my opinion.

PhytoSpecific Integral Hair Care-- This is the BEST detangler! I used to use Pantene Light Conditioning Mist but I use this now. It mositurizes my hair, and completely detangles it. I use to spend forever detangling my hair and thi stuff just makes the comb slip through my hair. Its good. And it leaves my hair moisturized- even when I blowdry it. Its really expensive especially considering how much you get, but again, like the serum its worth it!

Phytospecific Intense Nutrition Shampoo- I love this too! When I use this with the Olive Oil Replenishing pak from Organic Root Stimulator, it makes my hair feel really moist and supple. Without the olive oil-- not soo good. For some reason the combination works really well together.

PhytoSpecific Moisturizing Styling Balm: this stuff makes my edges lay flat. It also gives it a nice sheen and is really conditioning. I sometimes use it all over my hair because it tames flyaways and frizzies-- but a little goes a LONG way! I often use too much and my hair looks dirty- I havent quite figured out the perfect amount yet. But I think i just need to experiment a little more. Its also great because it last for a day or two. I have probably only used about 10% of the tube, so out of the whole Phytospecific line-- I think this is the best bet.

PhytoSpecific Intense Nutrition Mask-- I HATE this stuff! It leaves my hair dry and tangled. I dont know if maybe I got a bad batch considering I love everything else, but this stuff is TERRIBLE! And its expensive. I dont know where they went wrong with this product, but its just not for me!

I also tried:
Phytorhum Shampoo: good shampoo-- I used this when I had braids and it helped me retain my length.

Phyto 9 Nourishing Cream-- good daily moisturizing cream-- i use this for my ends because it moisturizes without using sitting on top of my hair.

And of course-- the index 2 relaxer- I LOVE!

I just bought the Phytospecific revitalizing oil and Vital Force Creme Bath so I plan on trying those and returning with a review!

I hope this helps!

gymfreak336

Thanks for the reviews. I used the moisturizing conditioner before and it was pretty good. I have been eyeing that serum for a while now.

HQhair.com will ship it to the usa. They also carry the protein concentrate.

mahogany66

I use those exact products (except the nutrition mask) and I love them. Next time try the Vital force creme bath..That conditioner is the BOMB..

luvhair

Glad I could help

The ingredients: Water, alcohol denat, hydrolyzed soy protein, 3-aminopropane sulfonic acid, sodium chondroitin sulfate (Capigen sulfur complex), propeylene glycol, sorbitol, sophora japonica flower extract, ethyl ester of hydrolyzed silk, pvp, panthenol, pyridoxine HCL, pinus pinaster bark extract, ginkgo bilboa leaf extract, theophylline, methylsilanol acetyltyrosine, phenoxyethanol, parabens (Methyl, ethyl, propyl, butyl, isobutyl)

Musthave.co.uk also has the growth serum and they used to charge less for shipping than HQhair.com- but they changed their shipping rates so its actually calculated based on the weight.

I have been trying to find a French site that sells it because its cheaper in france (especially considering the dollar is stronger there). If anyone finds one, please let me know!

amina kamal

Thanks for taking the time to do a detailed review. I have a few questions...

Phytospecific Growth Serum: why can't we get this here? I have thin edges too and I think that I could benefit from this. How much was it?

PhytoSpecific Integral Hair Care-- I LIKED THIS TOO AND I REMEMBER THAT IT SMELLED REALLY NICE, Does it detangle wet or dry hair?

Vital Force Creme Bath - I read that this was good stuff I am looking forward to your review!!

I hope this helps![/quote]

luvhair

I have no idea why they dont sell it here in the US. Maybe there is some ingredient that isnt approved here yet. It costs about 70 dollars from HQhair.com if I remember correctly. I got it for about 40. I wish I would have bought another box.

The Integral hair care spray-- smells really good! I have only used it for wet hair, but it says it will work for dry hair as well.

The review for the Vital Creme bath probably wont be for a while though. But as soon I as try it I will let you all know

Lavendar

Thanks for the reviews!! I have some samples of some of the products you mentioned. Maybe I'll give them a try.:yep:

GrowBack

This line just got fully released in the US. Most of teh PhytoSpecific line is available at a Sephora. What ever you don't find, you can always call Phyto and order it.

newflowers

If you're still looking for the Phytospecific Growth Serum you can get it at www.pollyandco.com for $49.50 which is a deal because it seems to cost $60.00 everywhere else. Her service is excellent, shipping is super fast, and she is the queen of the free samples.

Rain20

The phytoaxil(in US) is very similar to the growth serum. It's a liquid that you spray on the scalp. I was not very consistent with it so I cant comment on effectiveness.

soulie

The phytoaxil(in US) is very similar to the growth serum. It's a liquid that you spray on the scalp. I was not very consistent with it so I cant comment on effectiveness.

I have the growth serum; I wasn't consistent with it either. BUT, someday, I'll pull it back out :yep:

mscorleone

Can someone give a comparison on phyto vs phytospecific? I have afrian american relaxed hair that is in pretty good condition. I was thinking of buying the pytokarite mask, phytonector pre-poo, and the phytonectar poo. Are the phytospecific or phyto products better?

soulie

Can someone give a comparison on phyto vs phytospecific? I have afrian american relaxed hair that is in pretty good condition. I was thinking of buying the pytokarite mask, phytonector pre-poo, and the phytonectar poo. Are the phytospecific or phyto products better?

Both lines are excellent. Phytospecific products are considered their AA line, but I use products from both lines, depending upon what I need, e.g., Phytobrush shampoo and Phytodefrisant Relaxing Balm are recommended when planning to blow dry, but I use the Phytospecific Cap'Energy capsules instead of the Phytophanere vitamins. Some people prefer the Phyto 7 or 9 daily moisturizer, and others prefer the Phytospecific Moisturizing Balm.

Twoodley

I purchased the Phytospecific Intense Nutrition Shampoo, Intense Nutrition Mask, Revitalizing Oil Treatment, Shea Butter Cream Moisturizer & Quinoa Oil Moisturizing styling balm. For a while I thought the products were too heavy, but since I'm trying the at home care thing and learning how important it is to give my hair lots of moisture, I'm re-thinking a lot of things. I pulled out the stuff this morning because it was time for my deep conditioner and decided to go back and give my phytospecific nutrition mask as well as the revitalizing treatment that I had never tried a shot.

1. Applied revitalizing treatment liberally to dry hair; plastic cap and sat under dryer for 30 min

2. Shampood gently and quickly twice (typically one shampoo, but wanted to make sure there was no excess oil left on my hair from the treatment)

3. Squeezed out the water and gently towel blotted to remove as much moisture as possible so conditioner could penetrate better; applied Intense Nutrition Mask; plastic cap and back under dryer for for 15 minutes

4. Pressed for time to go out so I rinsed in the shower, gently squeezed, blotted and combed out/detangled

5. Applied Vigorol mousse to hair concentrating on ends as I did with conditioner, sectioned hair in 4 and gently blow dried on medium heat.

6. Chi Ironed my hair and added a few bends with a large barrel curling iron.

7. Applied a small amount of the Shea Butter Cream moisturizer throughout and wrapped with 100% silk scarf for an hour while getting dressed and applying makeup.

When I pulled down my hair and styled it, I was like OMG!!!! It was so soft, shiny and full of body that it's rediculous. I kept looking at it all day. My husband kept complimenting me on what a good job I did compared to my usual salon visits. He said it looked so rich and healthy just like I had paid someone else to do it.

I am now voting YES to the entire line of products from phytospecific that I tried this morning. My hair has just the right amount of moisture, combed through very easy, was not dry "at all" and looks and smells great.

I know this was a bit of heat, but typically I air dry my hair and my hair gets ironed/curled only once/at most per week. This has worked for my hair for years so I probably will keep that up to maintain the look that I'm going for.

I am keeping a hair diary and will probably make this regimen a monthly "must."

Give the intense moisture mask a try!

I have type 4a hair/relaxed and it worked wonderfully

Attachments

• August2010again 042.jpg
    August2010again 042.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 17