Getting a Trim today...Wish me luck!

gymfreak336

I am about to go to a supercuts or something and get me a trim. :look: I have made shoulder length but I got some BONE straight ends that need to go....slowly of course. :lol: I am trying to get no more than 1/2 and inch trimmed today. I should get the length I will lose back easily when I relax after 12 weeks March 10th. Wish me Luck!

Kurlee

Let us know how they do. I am sooooooooo scared for u girl. I have lost all faith in trimming at salons:look:

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Don't take your eyes off of them, hair enemy #1 can't be trusted! :look:

Last edited:

crazydaze911

yes, please let us know. maybe you should have taken a before pic :grin:. I just got mine trimmed this weekend and bless the lord it was not as bad as i thought - considering i hadnt had a trim in almost a year and my hair was highly uneven. I actually didnt CRY this time :lachen:. Good luck!

gymfreak336

Okay ladies...I am back

I went to a supercuts across town and when I walked in everyone except for one guy cleaning some clippers was busy. He said he could do it if I wanted him too so I said sure. I have never had a man cut my hair so what the heck.

I told him that I didn't care about it being even since my hair doesn't grow evenly anyway and that I don't want to see my ears when he got finished. He smiled and laughed and said I hear that all the time. He gave me a hand mirror to watch him with (I didn't even ask for it) and he went to work. First he trimmed off a little bit around the perimeter all around. He only trimmed a little bit and kinda looked at me for the approval each time. I told him I had more splits in the upper back area right below my crown so when he went through the middle sections, he did take off a little more which was fine. After he was done, he combed me out completely, rubbed some Nioxin styling cream through his hands and then through my hair.

All in All I say it went GREAT!!!! You can tell I did something but it doens't look like I CUT it.It still looks shoulder length. Before I went in the back easily rested on my neck, like closer to the neck line of my shirt and now most of it still does. My sides don't look too off either, maybe 1/4 of an inch. My brother-in-law could really tell and I just saw him when I was walking out of the door to get it trimmed. Even my sister who was like "Girl, don't do it" is impressed. I really lucked up and I will be going back to him again. I have some newgrowth no so if I was to get it blown out fully, it probably wouldn't look like I touched it. My hair looks and moves much better now. I am buying a new octopus clip today so I can protect these fresh ends.

MonaLisa

Wow....I found out about this on the street....with no heads up....
nothin....just wow....:ohwell:

:lol:

Glad the trim went well cuz! :yep:

Last edited:

gymfreak336

Im so glad it turned out good Gym :yep:
And how cool was he to give u a hand mirrow to watch

Ya know, I have a friend that is a barber and he said alot of women come to the shop to get their hair trimmed. He thinks men listen more when it comes to women asking for trims especially if their hair is longer than the stylists hair:ohwell::look: I didn't even know he "knew" how to trim hair. He says they really learn alot in barber school. If I can't get back to this guy then I will have my friend do it next time. He even has these shears that you put in the freezer, he said their called ICE or something like that.

good2uuuu

Glad it went well. I only go to the white people to get my hair done. Trims, cuts, straightened. I don't fool with our people on this issue.

DivaRox

Ya know, I have a friend that is a barber and he said alot of women come to the shop to get their hair trimmed. He thinks men listen more when it comes to women asking for trims especially if their hair is longer than the stylists hair:ohwell::look: I didn't even know he "knew" how to trim hair. He says they really learn alot in barber school. If I can't get back to this guy then I will have my friend do it next time. He even has these shears that you put in the freezer, he said their called ICE or something like that.

Ooh PJ alert! Time to add some hardware to the stash:lachen:

Empress Yahudah

Makes mental note to poss. seak a male stylist.....
What benefits do these type of shears give.

crazydaze911

When i got my hair trimmed this weekend i told my stylist that i wanted to start trimming on my own and these are exactly the sheers she recommended! Anyone have website links or NYC store locations..........TIA