I'm getting a relaxer in the morning wish me luck

Dionne

I\'m getting a relaxer in the morning wish me luck

I have an appointment with the same girl who washed my hair at JCPenny. I am nervous but I have faith. Her hair looks great so hopefully going to her on a regular basis will help mine too. By the way when I went for the wash and set the first thing she said to me was your hair is going strong, I help you keep it conditioned and it will get longer in now time. How is that for encouragement. /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Re: I\'m getting a relaxer in the morning wish me luck

I think she sounds positive (which is of course good). Make sure you base your scalp before you go to the salon or make sure she bases your scalp for you. Enjoy.

Good luck Dionne! I hope all goes well. As Allandra stated, be sure that she bases your scalp well. Take some pictures afterwards if you can. I would love to see the results. /images/graemlins/wave.gif

Dionne Good Luck with your appointment.

Speak up if you don't like something.
Either base your scalp yourself or let her do it.
Ask her to wipe/wash the basin when rinsing your hair so no relaxer residue remains on the nape of your neck.

If she trims your hair watch her like a hawk and stop her if she goes too far.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Ask her to wipe/wash the basin when rinsing your hair so no relaxer residue remains on the nape of your neck
O my goodness what a good tip! I never thought of this before? I wonder if this is why the back of my hair breaks faster that the rest of my hair, or why it is so much shorter???

Thanks for this tip LondonDiva! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

All went well ladies. She based my scalp really well with the affirm base. She used a relaxer brush and quickly applied to relaxer. The whole time she was giving product recommendations and styling ideas to cut back on heat styling. She smoothed to relaxer and as I watched I only noticed she overlapped twice but she rinsed me immediatly. She applied moisturefuse conditioner an let it sit for a while. She shampooed me and used some hydrafuse as my last conditoner. She roller set me and after I had dried she wrapped me and sat me under the dryer agin for about 5 minutes. She carefully trimmed me barely taking off 1/4 inch. My end were in pretty bad shape and she took off just enough to give it some shape and to take off all of the damaged parts. I was expecting to cry but I was glad to see that she wasn't like most stylist who cut your hair. The whole time I was there we were talking about how to grow healthly hair. She said her best advice was to exercise, drink water, take vitamins and constant conditioning. We even exchanged vitamin brand info and websites. My hair looks and feels great. I have alot of volume and a couple of cute durl in the back. She told me to call her in 6 weeks for me next relaxer. She went on to say that as my hair getts longer and stronger I can go longer and that hopefully I will be able to get to 10 weeks. I think I have found my stylist. She is just great. All of the JC Penny stylist this morning demonstrated proper hair care. No one was burning hair, adding tons of grease, and everyone gave everyone a conditioning treatment. It was a great experience. /images/graemlins/bdance.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
We even exchanged vitamin brand info and websites.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is music to my ears /images/graemlins/angel.gif. She's positive, into healthy hair and very fast.

I am glad that it went well for your Dionne, Having a good stylist is half the battle. /images/graemlins/bouncy.gif

You're welcome Julia.

OT: BTW which part of the UK do you hail from?

Dionne, where are you from or where is this JCpenny's located? I wonder if all JCpenny's salons are as nice as this one sounds...
Nubianrose

I am fron greensboro nc. I have been to a JC Pennys salon in alabama too it it was just as nice. It seems that they all have similar training as far a products are concerned.

Oh ok, i live in Maryland tho, so maybe i'll check out one near me.
Nubianrose

Birmingham. I miss the UK sooooooooooooooooo much. I took my husband there for a holiday summer of 2001 and I fell in love all over again. I asked him if we could think about moving back there and he is not too hot on the idea /images/graemlins/frown.gif It was his first time there but he loved it. We were there for for three weeks and I miss it so much. We stayed in Croydon but were all over da place.

Re: I\'m getting a relaxer in the morning wish me l

Dionne, that sounds so good. I am so happy for you. Wish she lived down here (in Texas) /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/up.gif

dionne,

i'm happy for you that everything went well /images/graemlins/clap.gif, and especially that you have a stylist that knows what she is doing AND talking about.
i hope i will find one one day too.

Croydon? That's my borough. I live in South Norwood round the corner from Thornton Heath.

My other half studies in B'ham and goes to UCE.

Excellent! It's about time we start hearing more salon success stories around here. I'm happy it went so well! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Hey Dionne, /images/graemlins/wave.gif

Sounds like your appointment went well.

Sorry for the delay in response LD, I had to check with my aunt to confirm exactly where you are in relation to where we were. She says that we were closer to the Norbury side but that we did alot of shopping in Croydon. (the names are all a blurr to me now /images/graemlins/frown.gif ) We were on Streatham Vale Road (sp??) alot.

Too bad I was not a part of the board back then, perhaps we could have arranged to meet while I was in London. Maybe next time, because I definately want to go back. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Norbury, that's in walking distance from where I live, still the same borough. Yep I'm very familiar with Streatham as i have to go through there to get to Brixton, where my boyfriend lives.

When you come over again let me know and we will definitely have to meet up. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

You bet I will LD, my new found LHCF sista! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back